Simply Self Storage

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kurt O'Brien

Started off good but went south quickly

Property Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsQuiet low stress situations and a lot of down time.

ConsCompany is very unstable.
    I started working there and they had 20 properties in town and by the time I left 2 1/2 years later they were down to 4.
    I was receiving notices in the mail saying if a payment wasnt made immediately the sheriff was going to lock the doors.

Non-Existent professionalism

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ormond Beach, FL

ProsI would really like to think of some pros but I just can't...this place is freaking miserable! If you're offered a position here I'd say run! Having no job is better than this job

ConsNo mileage reimbursement for a position that covers 60 sq miles, district management is disorganized to the point of detriment. For a company that has no idea what they're doing, you would think they would try for a little professionalism but nope, quite the opposite!

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up! Get some goals and work on them, anything to cut out the amount of disorganization

Great company, great coworkers

Property Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company that really cares and listens to it's employees, great live in benefit for property managers.

ConsNot much room for advancement, limited positions

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a little better to keep your great managers!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Micromanaged constantly all the way down to a dollar spent

General Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsGood boss man lookrd up to him

ConsMicromanaged. No raises bonuses are changed at the last minute incrrases in prices for currenttenants allthe time

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are not interested in good customer service

former emplyee

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood Job-Terrible Company.,got to meet a lot of good people

ConsHeavy workload,low pay,lot of backbiting,I saw this company first as a customer,then after i was laid off i applied for a job,Company runs on a shoe string budget,rvp is oblivious to real problems,If you are liked you get what ever you want ,a lot of favoritism,I had to work different stores saw some Managers treated very well others treated badly because someone told Senior Management something lot of gossiping,,if you complain you are called out wrote up,This company out sources their Human Resources so if you have a complaint it falls on deaf ears,Luckily a customer told me about an opening with another company and I was able to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people fairly,have one on one with employees.

Hard Work, very small rewards

Property Manager (Former Employee) Matteson, IL

ProsKeep very busy. Work with Customers working out account problems. Keep very busy with tasks at one of the larger area Chicago Suburbs location

ConsVery Low pay. Most times only one manager working. almost no help. sometimes a second manager, not that often. Poor training or lack of.

Advice to Senior Managementbetter support of managers, better wages to get and keep quality workers.

Good Place to start!

Property Manager (Former Employee) Lagrange, GA

ProsAlways something new, working with all different kinds of customers and situations.

ConsTight budget, don't get enough support from the Corp Office on Property Issues

Advice to Senior ManagementGA District Manager is Awsome! Offer better insurance!

Disappointed

Property Manager (Current Employee) Naples, FL

ProsYou work independently, hours are good and pay is not bad in todays economy.

ConsNo training or support. Upper management expects you to know what your doing the first day you walk in the door. Health insurance for family coverage cost more than you make in a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little encouragement and support would achieve your OAR promo. Take a good look at your current DM's.

Great and I would go back again

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat company and great people to work with.

Consgrowing pains and complicated environments.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work.

Corporate does not understand the importance of a clean facility

Property Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsBenefits, direct contact with management

ConsProperties aren't very safe sometimes and the company doesn't understand the importance of making more resources available to property managers so they can reach facility goals

Worked for Simply Self Storage? Contribute to the Community!