Sinai Hospital of Baltimore

Neil M. Meltzer

Great departments

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

competitive salary, guaranteed hours, friendly environment

Cons

communication is lacking leading to confusion and frustration (depends on department supervisor)

Sinai

Pros

Promotes career growth within the company

Cons

Low annual salary raises

Resigned After All That Time

Former Employee - RNI  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - RNI in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Mostly great coworkers and good work environment. Most of us care about our patients.

Cons

Experienced verbal abuse. Employees were afraid to file a complaint. The stress caused me to have a slight stroke.

Really good employees are resigning. Abuse of authority creates a chaotic Work environment.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Is there a list for 100 worst places to work..it's getting worse!

Pros

I have great co-workers who make coming to work more enjoyable. The cafeteria is nice and the people who work here are genuinely friendly.

Cons

Management makes our jobs so much harder, constant criticism, talking down like we are less than- This has not been a great experience. I've stuck it out for a whole year to see if things would change, pretty much now I'm just waiting for a job offer.

The mirror that you shine on your employees to nitpick and criticize, if you turn it around to you Sinai would be a better place to work. I love what I do, I am just moving on to do what I love at a place where I'm appreciated.

Review of Rehabilitation Hospital

Pros

Some co-workers that really care about patients and attempt to provide quality care

Cons

Entrenched middle management team that manages through gossip and back biting and more concerned about maintaining position then providing excellent care, preferential treatment demonstrated for certain types of employees and patients based on religion, anonymous complaints and surveys are not truly anonymous and management team is more concerned with getting people with complaints out then resolving issues, unprofessional behavior on the part of management (breast feeding baby while having another individual type up their own review in the same room, lifting up skirts to show staff holes in their clothing, gossiping about staff)

Re-examine your middle management; those surveys are not accurate measures of how they are performing when employees know that managers can be vengeful and petty.

Fun environment to learn & grow professionally.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD

Pros

You get the closeness of a community hospital with the educaitonal benefits of a teaching hospital, great benefits, excellent staff & teamwork

Cons

Somewhat large, not many late night food options, parking lot is far away.

People are really nice

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

The culture of people who work there is great. People are helpful.

Cons

The pay is lower in any healthcare, Sinai isn't an exception.

When managers beg for more people with data in hand, someone needs to listen. Even in hard times. My staff paid for this for many years. Luckily, the group were passionate about their work and willing to do extra.

Core values don't line up with behaviors.

Pros

Career potential exists if you're willing to do the next job without title or compensation until an position is approved.

Cons

Mediocrity is commonplace. Management expectations are unrealistic given ongoing staff shortages.

Align staffing with workload demands and performance expectations. Approve positions needed to provide quality service.

Okay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Free staff parking and wonderful president who cares a lot about his staff.

Cons

Management of the Rehab Hospital needs some MAJOR improvements. Sweet to your face and than talk behind your back.I see it all day long and it hurts the moral of the teams. We are wonderful staff but don't always get treated that way.

Be nice to people because karma can come back to bite you!

Great Place to Work, Especially When Consider Local Options

Current Employee - RNI  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - RNI in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The organization really cares about its employees, Offers the complexity - in a good way - to local teaching hospitals with the soul of a community hospital. The President has done a great job in building a team and infusing a sense of caring. His vision and connection are outstanding.

Cons

Although parking is free, some have to park in satellite location. Some of the facilities still need updating, but the hospital has been renovating and building for the past couple of decades and it's looking better and better.

Keep doing what you're doing, be more visible if you can - we know you get very busy; thank you for bringing back the 403b match.

Worked for Sinai Hospital of Baltimore? Contribute to the Community!