Sinai Hospital of Baltimore

Add Photos

Sinai Hospital of Baltimore President and COO Neil M. Meltzer

Neil M. Meltzer

Sinai

ProsPromotes career growth within the company

ConsLow annual salary raises

Resigned After All That Time

RNI (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsMostly great coworkers and good work environment. Most of us care about our patients.

ConsExperienced verbal abuse. Employees were afraid to file a complaint. The stress caused me to have a slight stroke.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally good employees are resigning. Abuse of authority creates a chaotic Work environment.

Is there a list for 100 worst places to work..it's getting worse!

ProsI have great co-workers who make coming to work more enjoyable. The cafeteria is nice and the people who work here are genuinely friendly.

ConsManagement makes our jobs so much harder, constant criticism, talking down like we are less than- This has not been a great experience. I've stuck it out for a whole year to see if things would change, pretty much now I'm just waiting for a job offer.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe mirror that you shine on your employees to nitpick and criticize, if you turn it around to you Sinai would be a better place to work. I love what I do, I am just moving on to do what I love at a place where I'm appreciated.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review of Rehabilitation Hospital

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome co-workers that really care about patients and attempt to provide quality care

ConsEntrenched middle management team that manages through gossip and back biting and more concerned about maintaining position then providing excellent care, preferential treatment demonstrated for certain types of employees and patients based on religion, anonymous complaints and surveys are not truly anonymous and management team is more concerned with getting people with complaints out then resolving issues, unprofessional behavior on the part of management (breast feeding baby while having another individual type up their own review in the same room, lifting up skirts to show staff holes in their clothing, gossiping about staff)

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-examine your middle management; those surveys are not accurate measures of how they are performing when employees know that managers can be vengeful and petty.

Fun environment to learn & grow professionally.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsYou get the closeness of a community hospital with the educaitonal benefits of a teaching hospital, great benefits, excellent staff & teamwork

ConsSomewhat large, not many late night food options, parking lot is far away.

People are really nice

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture of people who work there is great. People are helpful.

ConsThe pay is lower in any healthcare, Sinai isn't an exception.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen managers beg for more people with data in hand, someone needs to listen. Even in hard times. My staff paid for this for many years. Luckily, the group were passionate about their work and willing to do extra.

Core values don't line up with behaviors.

ProsCareer potential exists if you're willing to do the next job without title or compensation until an position is approved.

ConsMediocrity is commonplace. Management expectations are unrealistic given ongoing staff shortages.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign staffing with workload demands and performance expectations. Approve positions needed to provide quality service.

Okay

Baltimore, MD

ProsFree staff parking and wonderful president who cares a lot about his staff.

ConsManagement of the Rehab Hospital needs some MAJOR improvements. Sweet to your face and than talk behind your back.I see it all day long and it hurts the moral of the teams. We are wonderful staff but don't always get treated that way.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice to people because karma can come back to bite you!

Great Place to Work, Especially When Consider Local Options

RNI (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsThe organization really cares about its employees, Offers the complexity - in a good way - to local teaching hospitals with the soul of a community hospital. The President has done a great job in building a team and infusing a sense of caring. His vision and connection are outstanding.

ConsAlthough parking is free, some have to park in satellite location. Some of the facilities still need updating, but the hospital has been renovating and building for the past couple of decades and it's looking better and better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, be more visible if you can - we know you get very busy; thank you for bringing back the 403b match.

GREAT!

Customer Assistant (Former Employee)
    Frankfurt, Brandenburg (Germany)

ProsLots of fun at work and beyond

Consstimes boring jobs at work and beyond

Advice to Senior Managementmake it more intresting to work there

Worked for Sinai Hospital of Baltimore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sinai Hospital of Baltimore CEO Neil M. Meltzer. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Sinai Hospital of Baltimore employees.