Sipera Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sipera Systems President John Lochow

John Lochow

Great work environment, competent management, but budget is a tad too tight for comfort

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsManagement is highly competent; all the engineering managers are experienced engineers themselves, and they also know how to manage. Outside of engineering, I have seen dramatic improvements in the project management cycle and the sales organization during the time I have been employed here. Since I joined, product management has become more focused and sales have become more effective. Our sales are constantly growing, and in this economy, that's a very good thing; I'm not worried about our viability at all.

The work environment is great. My co-workers are all wonderful people and extremely helpful. Management is highly communicative, and I am glad I have the manager I have. The dress code is nonexistent on most days and business casual when customers and potential customers are visiting the office. Work hours are extremely flexible; you can come in at any time or even work from home as long as you complete your work in the amount of time expected of you. On the flip side, you can and will be called at all hours, and you may be required to work extra hours or even on weekends if it is necessary to complete your work.

If you enjoy the kind of work you do, you will like it here.

ConsSipera is a startup, and like all startups, the budget is tight. You will get a salary and a standard benefits package. Don't expect extravagant perks. Raises and promotions are few and far between. If you enjoy the work, you may not care, but I have seen several employees decide to move on after spending a few years here, as opportunities for advancement within Sipera are limited. In addition, new employees are rarely hired, and attrition is seen as a way to reduce expenses, resulting in existing employees being given an ever-increasing workload to make up for our lack of manpower.

As I said above, the flexible hours are a double-edged sword: you can and will be called at all hours, you may be asked to stay late, and you may be asked to work on weekends. In my mind, the flexible hours are worth it, but your mileage may vary.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the improvements in the product management cycle. Engineering management and the work environment are perfect as it is; any changes would only hurt. If revenue allows, please relax the budget a tad and open up hiring a little more; I know this is easier said than done given the economy, but headcount is just one step above skeleton-crew level right now.

good

QA Engineer (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

Proswork is good and scope to learn lot of things

Conssalaries are not up to industry standards

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

not good place to work

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

Proslearn upcoming technology; good business management team

Constoo many politics inside engineer; manager too bad ; technology management is not good

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Can Improve

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearning opprtunities and adapting to needs

ConsLack People Management in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementCan do better in managing the company. Outlook for sales is not very great.Hence there is a need for company to adopt new ideas.

Worked for Sipera Systems? Contribute to the Community!