Sirius Computer Solutions
www.siriuscom.com San Antonio, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Sirius Computer Solutions Reviews

Updated Feb 18, 2014

Joe Mertens

You can drive your own future.

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions

ProsIt's a great atmosphere with many talented individuals.

ConsIf you're not driven to succeed, you're gonna be just another number.

Great Place to work!

San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility if you have personal things you need to take care of (i.e. sick child, drs. appointments) they work with you. They reward us with quarterly awards and give us the opportunity to attend local sporting events. Overall I would say I'm blessed to have been given a chance to work for such a good company!

ConsDepending on who your manager is determines how you work. Each manager is different and have different expectations. Wish they were all on the same page. Some micromanage while others leave you alone unless there is an issue or if someone is unsatisfied with your work.

Very tightly managed managed, financially successful company

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time

ProsVery stable, company does not lose money.

ConsRun by the CFO by spreadsheet, Not invented here syndrome, very centrally focused, condescending managment team in HQ

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower Managers to make good business decisions and manage to a p&l.

slow tired mainframe oriented company trying to buy its way into the virtualization market

ISS (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time for less than a year

Prosgood account managers good marketing programs very good operations support

Consfew local resources, no organic growth they try to hire growth and steal it from other VARS

Advice to Senior Managementbetter to pay a salary and let reps work on penetration into new opportunities than keep everyone on the commission only treadmill

Use Caution!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions

ProsA well managed and successful company. Nice people.

ConsNo loyalty to thier employees. They will fire you in a heartbeat.

Frustrating convoluted processes and low moral of home office.

Operations (Former Employee)

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFair home - life balance considering it is a sales based company. Fair benefits. Company tries to increase moral by doing small office based events.

ConsVery few paid holidays, outdated college reimbursement amounts, the withdrawal of remote/ telecommuting. Not much upward mobility unless you have an inside relationship with an executive.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your producers of the company. The same 3 figure "bonus" across the board for the last 5 years and more is almost an insult to the personnel who give it their all while slackers receive the same amount end of year. Realize that withdrawal of the option to telecommute is worth a lot more financially to the non exempt than the executives can even comprehend.

Professional management and co-workers

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company provides lots of resources to help sales reps find leads. Lots of freedom to develop opportunity.

ConsNeed a bit more structure.

Executive greed!

San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAlways hiring young professionals recently out of undergrad in order to teach them how to perform.

ConsOnly promote in-house if you are singled out as a 'favorite' by the powers that be. If you do not schmooze those in power or become part of the 'in crowd' then it will not matter how much knowledge and passion you have to offer, all efforts will go unnoticed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the support staff like you treat the sales people and executives by offering bonuses for performance.

The BEST company I have worked for in my lifetime!

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions

ProsEmployees are valued; All workers seem happy in their jobs; My team is awesome; Everyone works extra hard because they want to do their jobs well.

ConsNone. All the good things FAR outweigh anything I had to give up when I left my last job.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou ROCK! I love this company!

I'm torn

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time

ProsReally good work/life balance. Senior management are all great. Company really tries to do nice little personal touches for their employees.

ConsWorking for a sales company in the back office has it's challenges. The emphasis is placed on sales and services so much that it feels that the back office often goes unnoticed or at the least is under appreciated (carries over into compensation). Your experience at Sirius all depends on your manager. Much of the work at Sirius is very manual and tedious because of the outdated accounting/reports software, but also because everything requires approval. A lot of projects dead end for lack of direction/follow up. In all honesty though, as long as you work for a reasonable/rational manager everything is peachy. It's a decent place to get some experience. Upward movement outlook is poor though.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is really nice, patient, and reasonable. You're all doing great.

Worked for Sirius Computer Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sirius Computer Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sirius Computer Solutions CEO Joe Mertens. All 43 reviews posted anonymously by Sirius Computer Solutions employees.