Sirius Solutions

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kristi Chickering

Good company to work for

ProsPeople are friendly, professional and helpful. They offer good opportunities to work on different projects and offer in house training

ConsThey could improve on some of the benefits that they offer to their employees. E.g. health benefits, emergency childcare benefits.

Long-term career? Not likely

Employee/Contractor (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsProvided an opportunity to demonstrate skills, ability and experience on a contract basis. Produced revenue for the company consistently over a number of years.

ConsWhen contract assignment is completed and there are no current contract jobs to be assigned, employee is released.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreating hard working employees as just a commodity will not help your reputation or improve your company culture. You might try meeting with the people that are actually producing your revenue and make them feel valued.

Deceptive about the amount of work available

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe pay is good, their benefits are ok, they are generally nice, and they provide nice business travel perks

ConsThey consistently deceive you about the amount of work they have available. Although they claim they have many projects, you will spend a lot of time out of work and not getting paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more forthright about the extent to which you can keep your employees busy full time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Expect little and you'll be fine

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey treat you okay are nice.

ConsThere's no career path. This is just a place to sit while you look for another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need much better benefits. For these benefits I do not want to leave.

About the same as similar firms

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsUsed to be a negotiated rate for all projects--rate may change with projects now

ConsSlow to give rate increases but always ask consultants to help find business with clients where placed; may be on the bench frequently depending on skill set, pay, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink of employees along with the bottom line.

Not a bad place to work, not a great one either

Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe people at Sirius were very friendly and most of them were highly skilled. Very good work place culture, I never had a problem getting time off for vacation or personal reasons and I was never expected to stay at work later just because my manager was still there.

ConsI had little to no input on assignments and often ended up in a staff augmentation role, which made me feel like there was no career development potential. Annual bonuses based on billable hours, which can be difficult to accumulate.

Sirius

Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat people, good benefits. They seem to empower the employees to do what's needed to get the job done.

ConsLarge company, with that comes challenges.

Company Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis agency is about the same as the rest of its type when it comes to project placement and pay in general. One great perk is the opportunity to earn paid time off.

ConsEveryone with similar skill sets may not be assigned to projects; the same consultants may be reassigned over others the particular sales person has not worked with in the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow the same support for consults as the client when issues beyond the control of the consultants arise.

Great when working, but not many assignments . . . .

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosfull ownership of assignment, good pay, learned alot

Consnot enough work assignments, no ongoing contact

Advice to Senior ManagementAre we just revenue providers to you?

Unsteady Future

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, MS

ProsFriendly environment with very smart staff dedicated to high level consulting. Good but narrow customer base. Poor marketing efforts lead to little brand awareness

ConsCompany has been adversely effeced by 2008 business downturn so has dumped staff as a result. Will likely rebound when economy does.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to branch out of the narrow consulting arena in which the firm currently plays. Needs broader customer base

Worked for Sirius Solutions? Contribute to the Community!