SiriusDecisions Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Richard Eldh

Innovative, growing company with the best sales team around.

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at SiriusDecisions (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at two other public organizations over the last 7 years, and I have learned more in the year time I was at SiriusDecisions then I had in my entire career. The company is incredibly team oriented. The people are at the heart of why the organization is such a success. I no longer dreaded Mondays going into the office. As part of the sales team, you have the opportunity to learn from the talented team of analysts that were previously c-level executives in marketing, sales and communication. You couldn't work with a more brilliant, supportive group of people. As an Account Executive, you are compensated and rewarded fairly for the efforts you put into this job. There is also great opportunity for a long term career here. The compensation structure is set up so that the sales, marketing, and research analysts teams are incented to work together. Every team is committed to ensuring the clients needs are met. The sales team is laser focused on their goals and they work together on strategy and approach. Given the rapid growth phase they are in, I was continually impressed with how well the team adjusted to the necessary changes. In my opinion, its the best sales organization I've ever worked in and it was a privilege to work with such a great group of individuals. Separate from the day to day job, during my time at the company I found out I was pregnant. The management team went above and beyond my expectations to ensure that no additional stress was added to my plate so I could take the time I needed to care for my child. They were flexible, understanding and committed to meet my work/life balance needs. In these situations, and from my experience, the management team always does what is right for the employee.

Cons

Sales has a work hard play hard mentality. If your not willing to put in the hours, you won't reap any benefits of a great career here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Visibility into the decisions your making allows employees to be committed to their day to day work. This is important given the rapid growth.

Alright I guess

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

I worked at SiriusDecisions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really smart people work there. The product is top of the line.

Cons

Too much a fratty preppy group. Lot of drama. Environment is not as great as advertised. Very phoney personalities.

3. Research

I worked at SiriusDecisions full-time

Pros

Health benefits Many opportunities to learn from research Some really great people really appreciate the supportive culture of new job after SD

Cons

I agree with the boys club comment below -- there is an old school clubby sensibility among some employees, it's hard to break in, extends to some women too Despite some progressive policies and office setting, the work structure is very traditional and often rigid. really just interested in grinding out work, often under much pressure Little investment in people, no tuition reimbursement or development opportunities, like conferences, often ask for referrals to contacts for hiring purposes but no referral bonus like most companies, new managers need a lot more training

Advice to Management

Do more to bring analysts, and other employees, into the group, listen Treat employees better once hired Train managers

Sales

Pros

People really do care about their clients and contributing to growing the business overall. It's a work hard/play hard, sales driven mentality, which contributes to the business's rapid growth.

Cons

Large disparities between very talented folks, and not-so-skilled members of marketing and sales. Scalability is a huge problem. With a need more for resources/personnel across the entire business, there becomes a fine line between a lean, well-oiled machine and a malnourished one. I agree with earlier comments regarding too much loyalty to tenured personnel vs more talented people. Outlook is great long term, but business will likely struggle to scale itself over the next 2-3 years.

Advice to Management

You're still small, and have an opportunity to be more inclusive of people and ideas across the organization. Listen to ideas of all people willing to give input on how to make the business better.

No Stock Options for Employees

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, solid business. Genuine desire to help clients.

Cons

Loyalty to long time employees is creating weakness in some areas. Compensation is low for roles across the company.

Advice to Management

Talking about the IPO without making options available to employees is creating dissatisfaction.

Bright, innovative, thoughtful organization that is a true reflection of the people in it.

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I do not typically write reviews on Glassdoor as I find them to be a cowardly expression of anonymous feedback. However, given that some of the negative reviews get more visibility (and credibility) than they should - I thought I would take the time to offer my positive feedback which is informed by actual time spent employed by Sirius. The team and company culture is second-to-none. Working at Sirius, you are surrounded with brilliant people that are motivated with the genuine desire to help others make a true impact within their respective organizations. The content produced by the analyst team at Sirius is thought-provoking and honest, and I was impressed daily with the analyst teams' ability to apply models and frameworks to highly mature, complex business scenarios. The analyst team brings order, alignment, and visibility to scenarios that their clients sometimes feel are insurmountable. They are seasoned practitioners, scholars, teachers, therapists, and friends to the clients they interact with. They care deeply about their clients' success and it's obvious. Perhaps the best thing about the SiriusDecisions research team is their constant, unwavering commitment to innovation in an environment where the levels of adoption and maturity are widely disparate. They are driven by the bleeding edge, and the changing trends of an evolving digital world. The personality of the Research team is smart, supportive, and funny! The high standards of the group are obvious in the work produced. Less obvious to those outside of the organization is the high standard of respect and admiration that each team member has for one and other.

Cons

I have no "cons" to report in the traditional sense. My decision to leave Sirius came out of a desire to return to "hands-on" practitioner work - something that I was motivated to continue after my work at SiriusDecisions.

Advice to Management

Based on my experience at SiriusDecisions, I would say the management is doing just fine. It's not easy to manage a growing team, and I was always impressed by the organized way that feedback was heard and process was introduced.

8. Great company with even greater people

Current Employee - Sales in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Sales in Wilton, CT

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with the most talented and smartest team I have ever worked with. The analysts understand their services and can explain them to a customer in a way that allows the customer to see a business benefit. The sales and support team are completely focussed on their goals and over achieving them. Its the definition of high performing sale organization. The HR team does a great job - they found me and I wasn't looking to leave!

Cons

The company is growing so fast that its hard to keep up with all the changes. Lots of hiring going on and lots of trainingl

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Its working and its really exciting.

A lost opportunity -Too much focus on revenue, not enough focus on generating substance and helping clients

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great market niche for this firm to exist and grow - provided it focuses on customers. As marketing automation grows across all segments, they can really make a difference.

Cons

Analysts are too pressured to rush from one client meeting to another to support revenues and do not take the time to learn new technologies and market evolution. Some of the analysts are also very biased, in bed with some of the market players and don't want to change view. In our group, we had new employees joining as analysts with very little analytical background, and jumped from one job to another multiple times. Our practice director was a completely self-obsessed, career focused person; he has been in 12 companies in 15 years and he didn't really care about customers. A lot of nepotism and favoritism also. Highly political environment with big egos.

Advice to Management

Stop obsessive focus on revenue growth, and truly try to figure out how to add value. Cranking out 400 powerpoint slides with fluff will not help clients or have an impact. Analysts should take a lot more time to learn new segments, technologies, players, etc., to build a vision of the future - and not just merely extend the past and fill out pages of reports that really do not add any value. Hire people that are successful in their jobs, and not just looking around to job hop from one to another. Too many of these people are at Sirius right now. This will eventually kill this company, as it will lose reputation. So, management should focus on fixing this fundamental issue - knowledge is power. Focus more on learning and thinking, less on selling, and even less on billing. Revenue will grow, if you add value; marketing fluff will only take you so far.

This is a company that sucks the life out of you. They could care less about their employees.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Wilton, CT

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can go to lunch and have an hour of peace. If you kiss your manager's hand, you can go home 10 minutes early.

Cons

Where to start. The recruiters are the face of the company and have lost the faith of countless candidates. Why put good people through a frustrating, no follow up process? If you want to work for a reputable company, this is not the place.

Advice to Management

Your recruiting process is abysmal. They do not have the courtesy of an follow up. Don't you realize that good candidates talk to one another? Clear the recruiters out and change from a horrible experience to a more professional organization that actually follows up.

Growing company w/ bright future but also growing pains

Pros

The rate of growth is definitely the largest pro for SD. Lot of opportunity as the company takes on new challenges and fills new gaps in the marketing consulting industry.

Cons

Growth results in growing pains and lack of clarity around roles. Work/Life balance is a bit non-existent. They expect 60+ hour weeks out of their sales people. A lot of folks are thrown into the fire after remedial training or understanding of what they're selling/marketing.

RSS Feed </> Embed