SiriusXM

Be The First To
Add Photos

SiriusXM CEO James E. Meyer

James E. Meyer

Pros
  • Summer Hours, laid back atmosphere(in 6 reviews)

• it was a nice work environment with a steady pace(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance is non-existant for many departments(in 4 reviews)

• Didnt get a full time conversion(in 6 reviews)

Stressfull environment with constant "fire drills" regarding submissions

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Pros•Although I can’t really say they have a good work-family balance, I rearly ever have to explain why some days I get/leave to work latter/sooner, so that’s good when you have family matters going on, but I think that’s more related to my department than anything else.
    •It’s metro accessible so it’s convenient
    •Bonus/stock options

Cons•I agree with another review, promotions are not base on your skills, hard work or performance, is just about how much you suck up to the VP that is assigned to you.
    •Bonus… yes, agree with another review, the VP decides what you get, if she/he likes you… you got the jackpot
    •“fire drills” of the time for no reason
    •Not sticking to the calendar deadline, somehow things get moved sooner and sooner, with the added lost time of having to do things twice due to this.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, just pay attention who's really doing the work in your department and recognize the effort

Found Myself in a Dead End Department

Broadcast Operations Center Technician (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe atmosphere can be creative and vibrant. Casual dress code. Cafe, ATM, gym, music.

ConsLow pay. Poor management (depending on department).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop ruling by fear, properly staff your departments and stop trying to low ball new hires.

Listener Care Management too top heavy and favoritism towards promotion

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat flexible work environment and accesible location to public transportation

ConsSenior Management needs to look internally at the Listener Care department. It has some serious flaws and poor leadership. They choose who they want for promotions and it has nothing to deal with skill-sets. They have Directors or Senior Managers has no direct reports and barely can lead a discussion on a subject matter! Also, the bonus structure isn't consistent. The VP picks and choose who she wants to give a bonus too it has nothing to do with performance as indicated. Overall my experience here has been marginal to say the least very disappointed. No true training made available for internal stakeholders for advancement. It’s as though they absord what they can from you regarding your past experiences to help guide you in your current role. Such a bad way of managing versus looking at your past to help to guide you in your current

Advice to Senior ManagementStop choosing less favorable and qualified people for positions of advancement. Establish clear bonus guidelines not make it so whimsical. There no clear performance expectations it’s a joke giving a review mid-year measuring prior year performance. Usually performance appraisals are given towards the end of the year or 1st quarter of the following year setting clear expectations and targets with some follow-up. It’s as though they are leading in the dark and not being transparent in their actions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent group of people to work for.........great management team!

OEM District Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat benefits, potential for growth

ConsI can't think of any at this moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive independent contractors better benefits please.

Good company to work, the company is still struggling at few places to keep it floating

Senior Web Applications Developer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork 9-5, good pay at least for me, less appreciated by management.

ConsAfter working for 7 years, hardly anybody know me besides my department, even though I am outgoing. Poor management at few places.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employees, appreciate their work (not just with salary but sometimes with word)

Fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBy far the most happy employees of anywhere i ever worked, just walking through the building everyone says hi to eachother.

ConsIt takes a long time to move up, They had a hiring freeze for a while and i had to move, couldnt afford the city on an hourly wage- New York

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the lookout for good talent instead of just promoting who you know

Excellent professional broadcast team

Sirius Xm Music Programmer (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAllowed Managers to enjoy their positions

ConsSirius sometimes too stringent while XM radio was calmer and optimistic

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow broadcast employees to be their own personalities on the air,

Internship Program

Intern (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSiriusXM offers a great internship program. Interns are assigned hands on projects and are given mentors to help guide them along the way/

ConsThere is a huge divide between the corporate side of the company and the programming side of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management should invest in staff development

phony phone call artist

Segment Producer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI get to work with my best friend

Consslave like environment, my boss belittles me every chance he gets. everything is veiled in secrecy. My boss takes all the marbles so there isn't any budget for the show. We don't get paid for extra work

Advice to Senior ManagementDump the high cost talent, Howard Stern, Oprah, Martha Stewart, etc, concentrate on true radio talent instead

Work / Life Balance at SiriusXM

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFree soda and coffee
    Summer hours
    Bonus and stock options

Cons- poor work life balance
    - no performance reviews

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a HR VP to champion for employees

Worked for SiriusXM? Contribute to the Community!