SiriusXM

Be The First To
Add Photos

SiriusXM CEO James E. Meyer

James E. Meyer

Pros
  • Summer Hours, laid back atmosphere (in 6 reviews)

• it was a nice work environment with a steady pace (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance is non-existant for many departments (in 4 reviews)

• Didnt get a full time conversion (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights
54 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome Internship

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFun, friendly environment. Great learning experience. Flexible schedule.

ConsNo pay or even a stipend for food or travel. Be prepared to spend if you are a commuter. Tedious work at times.

Good people - SLOW company

Imaging Producer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe best and brightest in U.S. radio resides here.

ConsSEVERE lack of upward mobility. Company progresses at a very slow pace. Stock is shorted more than any other on the stock market, resulting in stock option awards being worth very little.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a braintrust of non-executives. Listen to them. Believe it or not, they may have good or better ideas to be considered by the board and executive team.

Ad Sales

Ad Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBenefits are the best thing that this job has to offer.

ConsWork life balance. Promotion opportunities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

NYC Intern

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsManagement and HR are really nice. Laid back atmosphere. Free beverages in the kitchen. Great brand name for resumes.

ConsUnpaid internship. No reimbursements for expenses. Can be some down days where you don't do much.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't pay your interns, at least reimburse then for travel and food. People will work harder if you do!

More meetings, less work to get done !

Senior Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDepending on your management, flexibility, casual dress environment, decent pay. Work life balance, so far so good. I have a lot of cons but all depends on your manager.

ConsNearly 80% of your work is listening in meetings!!! They say mulitask during the conference calls, then why the heck are you even listening or participating in the conference calls ? I nearly have only max 2 hours to get ALL my work done and the other 6 hours is meetings/conferences call and then taking notes! I have not felt it too much but I think these meeting are a way for management to MICRO manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP THESE DAILY CONFERENCE CALLS/MEETINGS ! Send the email and the responsible parties who need to take action will respond or contact whomever! 30 people don't need to join every day! I guarantee you more work and projects will be completed. Think about it.

A 21st Century Company Paying 20th Century Salaries

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThere's an exciting energy as soon as you walk into the SiriusXM offices in Manhattan -- this is a company unlike any other. You are surrounded by talent, both who work there or who are there to appear on one of the countless programs and stations found on Sirius' dial.

Cons"Well...this is radio. It doesn't pay well." That was what I was told by an HR representative when I was made my offer to come work for the company. I ended up taking the job since the process of getting the gig took so long anyway, but from day one, I felt very undervalued. Red tape seems to be the name of the game with management - things just do NOT get done in a timely fashion.

Advice to Senior ManagementFree soda and pretzels are nice, but the greatest perk of all is a salary that makes a person feel wanted.

Fun environment and intriguing tasks.

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou are treated like a true employee. You won't find interns fetching coffee or being ignored! Although your intern experience may vary by department, you really are treated like royalty, as well as given assignments that significantly contribute to the company,

ConsEasy to get lost in a sea of interns and employees, but the positive outweighed the negative.

Radio Intern

Radio Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGot to meet a lot of celebrities, and gained a good amount of experience.

ConsVery unlikely to get a full time job - the company clearly does not make a ton of money anymore.

Security Officer

Security Officer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsProfessional establishment, good work environment.

ConsNone at this time. I will update in couple of months.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sports Board Operator

Board Operator/Editor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible hours, great location, friendly management and staff

Consboard operators work mainly nights and weekends so the hours can be inconvenient

Worked for SiriusXM? Contribute to the Community!