SiriusXM Reviews

Updated September 10, 2014
3.5

SiriusXM CEO James E. Meyer
James E. Meyer

Pros
  • Summer Hours, laid back atmosphere (in 6 reviews)

• it was a nice work environment with a steady pace (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance is non-existant for many departments (in 4 reviews)

• Didnt get a full time conversion (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

A lot to learn at a competitive pace. Exciting environment

I have been working at SiriusXM as an intern

Pros

Had an internship there during the Spring. Mentor was great so I learned a lot. Free drinks and coffee is a plus. Awesome people.

Cons

Facilities/studios are good but a few hiccups here and there.

This company had their act together.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at SiriusXM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the best decision making processes I've seen in my career were at Sirius XM. Respectable salaries and fun product to be a part of.

Cons

At the time, no formal in-house training program for new hires or junior employees at the sites I worked.

The Times They Are a Changin'

I worked at SiriusXM

Pros

Being part of an industry leader.

Cons

Office environment has changed since the merger. No longer about a creative culture. Employees are ruled by fear of losing their jobs.

Understand that your employees are just as important as your subscription numbers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MIcromanaging by Email and Meeting hell !

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All depends on your department and manager! If you work in the main building, then its all fun and games, and excitement, other buildings.... Bland, boring, no excitement, no employee interaction, jut sit down, work and go home.
    Flexible hours, laid back, able to work home (depending on department).

Cons

Don't see any direction and/or possibilities on how to move anywhere in the company. Everyone is always looking to kiss butt, TOO MANY USELESS MEETINGS and too much MICRO MANAGEMENT by using emails. Too much followup and less work. Forget about work culture, some employees will talk to you while others stay away.
    I've even seen members in same team argue about duties and responsibilities and cry over if someone tries to help.

This is useless as they won't read nor take action, but they need to loosen up, buy a DAMN building so all employees are together! I remember when I was hired I had 20 minute orientation and throw in position. Previous jobs I had 1 week company introduction and training, paid lunches , etc.

Great experience, no full time conversion

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, great opportunities, and had a chance to get hands on experience in a lot of aspects of the company.

Cons

Worked hard, managers loved me and really thought I was going to get the full time conversion. But did not.

There seems to be a disconnect between the recruiting team and the rest of the company.

Positive Experience at leading Entertainment Company

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great experience in the entertainment/radio industry while getting the chance to rub elbows with actors, musicians, athletes, etc. Laid back, creative environment.

Cons

Use unpaid interns rather than hire entry-level employees. Not much opportunity for advancement.

Invest in your interns.

I had a very rewarding experience at SiriusXM. Great group of people to work with!

Former Employee - OEM District Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - OEM District Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at SiriusXM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great group of people to work with. Excellent training and promotional opportunities.

Cons

Compensation was much below the industry standard for the position I was working in.

They have a long way to go...

Former Employee - Infrastructure  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Infrastructure in Irving, TX

I worked at SiriusXM as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers/management are decent to your face.

Cons

Training, documentation, direction, management, teamwork, support.

Not all groups are like the one in this review. Outside of the scope of this review, Sirius XM can be a rewarding place to work, just not for this group:

Management was too concerned perusing romantic interests with female personnel not under their direction to provide an adequate overview or specifics as to the needs of Sirius XM and the configuration of their network gear. Scopes unclear speaks to the number of changes in the projects (mid-projects) that should have been discussed in the beginning, then brought to attention 2 days before deployment. They don't take suggestions or direction well, and refuse to work in any "best practices" type of environment. When questions are asked, they are not fully understood or not cared to be listened to, receiving responses otherwise unrelated to the initial question. Lastly, members outside the infrastructure team know more about your performance than you do. Even when asked, they will be less than honest up front and talk about you when they think you're not there. Maybe too much estrogen in the water. The 2 guys part of infrastructure work so well together they forget you even exist. Members bring ammo to work and discuss between each other, while loading their handgun clips, as an intimidation tactic, very unprofessional. What happened to no guns in the work place? I didn't feel very safe working there.

Manager

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at SiriusXM full-time

Pros

Nice environment to work. Pay is good

Cons

Grown very slim. top heavy upper management

I had a great experience

Current Employee - Music Programming Intern  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Music Programming Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at SiriusXM as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was an intern so i had the opportunity to learn the ins and out of the satellite radio industry. The office had a great atmosphere, and the best part was free drinks!

Cons

While everyone the office is very open and talkative, its hard to grow within the company. I thought that the transition from intern to employee would be easier but it was not.

Consider looking more into hiring interns that can bring more to the table. Not just interns that interned there longer than others.

Worked for SiriusXM? Contribute to the Community!