SiriusXM

Be The First To
Add Photos

SiriusXM CEO James E. Meyer

James E. Meyer

Pros
  • Summer Hours, laid back atmosphere(in 6 reviews)

• it was a nice work environment with a steady pace(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance is non-existant for many departments(in 4 reviews)

• Didnt get a full time conversion(in 6 reviews)

Manager

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsNice environment to work. Pay is good

ConsGrown very slim. top heavy upper management

I had a great experience

Music Programming Intern (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI was an intern so i had the opportunity to learn the ins and out of the satellite radio industry. The office had a great atmosphere, and the best part was free drinks!

ConsWhile everyone the office is very open and talkative, its hard to grow within the company. I thought that the transition from intern to employee would be easier but it was not.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider looking more into hiring interns that can bring more to the table. Not just interns that interned there longer than others.

Awesome Internship

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFun, friendly environment. Great learning experience. Flexible schedule.

ConsNo pay or even a stipend for food or travel. Be prepared to spend if you are a commuter. Tedious work at times.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You've worked at worse, you've worked at better.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIt's a job! Nice people and it helps to work somewhere you can be proud of the product.

ConsExecutive and director level employees are too "busy" or "important" to take time to listen to good ideas from lower level employees. In other cases, senior level people take credit for hard work that their staff does then passes the buck if something goes wrong. You will not be mentored nor encouraged to mentor others.

Good people - SLOW company

Imaging Producer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe best and brightest in U.S. radio resides here.

ConsSEVERE lack of upward mobility. Company progresses at a very slow pace. Stock is shorted more than any other on the stock market, resulting in stock option awards being worth very little.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a braintrust of non-executives. Listen to them. Believe it or not, they may have good or better ideas to be considered by the board and executive team.

Ad Sales

Ad Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBenefits are the best thing that this job has to offer.

ConsWork life balance. Promotion opportunities.

Culture left a lot to be desired

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStylish office, great product, managers care about their employees

ConsThere's no sense of motivation or meaning on a larger scale. Everyone keeps their head down and you're left to find your own reasons to keep going.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the interns get to know each other across departments.

NYC Intern

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsManagement and HR are really nice. Laid back atmosphere. Free beverages in the kitchen. Great brand name for resumes.

ConsUnpaid internship. No reimbursements for expenses. Can be some down days where you don't do much.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't pay your interns, at least reimburse then for travel and food. People will work harder if you do!

Great Company, Great People

Associate Producer (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsYou can literally walk down the halls, drinking free starbucks, and walk past 25 different stations. If you're a radio nerd, then you'll be in love. The building is so cool plus sometimes you get to walk past celebrities randomly...Most of the staff there are pretty awesome and open...managers, I may have only encountered the good ones, but were always receptive to questions and concerns...You don't have corporate breathing down your neck.

ConsVery few Full-Time jobs. Pay is typically less than you would like and most of the time set-in-stone. Most of the FT positions are taken, and people tend to stay forever.

Advice to Senior Managementoffer more incentives to your employees. Change up the pretzels. Have room for advancement

More meetings, less work to get done !

Senior Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDepending on your management, flexibility, casual dress environment, decent pay. Work life balance, so far so good. I have a lot of cons but all depends on your manager.

ConsNearly 80% of your work is listening in meetings!!! They say mulitask during the conference calls, then why the heck are you even listening or participating in the conference calls ? I nearly have only max 2 hours to get ALL my work done and the other 6 hours is meetings/conferences call and then taking notes! I have not felt it too much but I think these meeting are a way for management to MICRO manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP THESE DAILY CONFERENCE CALLS/MEETINGS ! Send the email and the responsible parties who need to take action will respond or contact whomever! 30 people don't need to join every day! I guarantee you more work and projects will be completed. Think about it.

Worked for SiriusXM? Contribute to the Community!