SiriusXM Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. The HR department sucked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free radio subscription Summer Fridays Stock Options

Cons

Racist Cronies Low pay Buy your own radio Experience will vary depending on the department you are at. Some pay huge bonuses and give good raises. My department was lead by a very racist person. My leader had his/her own cronies and rewarded them tremendously. They came up with my leader and their skills were not up to par but was protected by my leader. There is a lot of shadiness going on in HR. The person who does employee relations for the corporate side is very lazy and inappropriate. Loves to gossip and extremely unprofessional. Some of my friends that were termed told me she didn’t even explain to them how to collect unemployment benefits when they asked. Benefits team suck like hell. They messed up my benefits so many times. My W2 was wrong one year and had to be reissued after I had already filed my taxes. They are complete idiots. They also messed up my domestic partnership benefits. They gave me stock one year. Very little but made a big deal out of it. The stock is not doing well but money is money.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your HR team.

2. Valuable entry level experience, but wasted too many years waiting for job growth.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Access to cool events (depending on department) Flexibility Networking Good camraderie among co-workers below senior management.

Cons

Senior management out of touch with the rest of the company. Poor communication. No room for growth. Lacks company culture. Programming in need of checks & balances.

Advice to Management

Invest in young talent within the company, stop throwing money at big name outsiders and grow your own people. You'll breed loyalty, repair company culture and strengthen the business if you start promoting from within rather than turn to outsiders that have no idea what they're walking into. I spent 5 years working for a company that despite recommendations from company bigwigs and all my immediate supervisors still couldn't place me in a full-time position. Since leaving I have been offered (without even an interview) three full-time positions at other music related ventures.

3. Use your skills elsewhere

Former Employee - Traffic in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Traffic in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Having the opportunity to meet different people within the company. -Co-workers help you get through the nonsense that management does

Cons

-Management has no direction of their own -Cannot take vacation when you want yet management can do whatever they like -No definitive career movement, just titles -Meeting are useless and just time to hear management hear themselves speak -Training is better done from co-workers than listening to management

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more & make changes

Not for everyone

Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good vacation benefits and flexibility with time off. Health care is great too. Has been a good place to get experience within the corporate world and the people who work there are fun and creative.

Cons

Little career movement. Management does't seem to have a clear plan for decisions or at least keeps employees in the dark about it. Poor compensation. As an employee there of nearly five years, it's been frustrating getting a solid answer from management about how to advance within the company.

Advice to Management

I think employees today are looking for more transparency. It helps employees know what common goal they are looking for and rewards them for exceeding expectations.

This company is very laissez-faire and stale growth. You have the opportunity to create but with no support.

Former Employee - Producer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Producer in New York, NY

Pros

Flexibility, Benefits, Interact with great companies

Cons

Poor Pay, Terrible Management, No room for Growth

Advice to Management

Management needs to show up for a full week first to even start tackling what needs to happen.

7. Extreme work load but very stable

Current Employee - Assistant Program Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Program Director in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Room for growth and company hires from within. Majority of employees work with the company for a long-time (there's little turnover).

Cons

Salary is below average for the field for full-time staff. Part-time staff is typically expected to work beyond their scheduled hours (off the clock).

Advice to Management

Correct staffing issues and part-time staff pay.

8. Fantastic Experience

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

Pros

Wonderful company values, the company understood the work life balance

Cons

Really no cons at all, I had a wonderful experience as a summer intern

9. Very fun internship. Probably the funniest time I've had as an intern for a company.

Current Employee - Music Programming Intern in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Music Programming Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

Flexible, fun and casual environment

Cons

Interns are not paid. Sometimes hard to fulfill 20 hr requirement.

10. Pros

Everything, I loved it all. Even the extra hours I spent researching for segments or creating my own original segments I LOVED IT ALL!

Cons

none, that I could not be on 5 different radio channels a day (I'm reaching here for a con)

Advice to Management

none

11. Fun place to work. People are nice. Process is moderate. Creativity is welcomed.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, mostly merit based. Leadership "gets it".

Cons

Systems are a bit old and it can be difficult to get things done.

Advice to Management

Be better about prioritizing initiatives.

RSS Feed </> Embed