SirsiDynix

SirsiDynix Reviews

Updated May 6, 2014

SirsiDynix CEO Bill Davison

Bill Davison

Pros
  • They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable(in 9 reviews)

• Average work/life balance - at best(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • As soon as the new products are out, it will be better(in 3 reviews)

• Also, as others have mentioned, you and your spouse must both participate in a wellness program in order for the company to match HSA contributions(in 3 reviews)

Good company with great managers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsEvery manager I've worked with has been very interested in helping me succeed. They care about their people. It's a fun place to work with a great corporate culture. I really enjoy the good work/life balance. The people I work with are good at what they do and fun to be around.

ConsSalaries start kind of low. I wish we got more paid holidays (not all the federal holidays are included in our holiday schedule, but we do get "flex days" we can use whenever we like).

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to hire more experienced developers.

This Company cares about us, the Employees! Great Place to Grow!

ProsThe leadership at SirsiDynix takes the time to know the employees. Not just HR, but the CFO and other company leaders walk around and check in. They take the time to learn about our families and career goals. Then, they work to help make those goals a reality.

ConsAs with all large companies communication between teams could be better.

Review

ProsGreat people, great customers, great industry

Consbenefits declining yearly, poor incentives and raises that don't keep up with inflation.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company I have ever worked for

Senior Web Developer (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsSalaries are very competitive. Main office is a new building and is a very clean, comfortable place to work. Environment is upbeat, but not stressful. Job is motivating, but not overwhelming. Always learning and improving on the job. Very accommodating for family time. Break room, food, sodas, etc are great. I rarely leave for lunch. I love the food that is brought in.

ConsInter-departmental fueds are annoying, specifically between development/project management and other departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp certain departments to work better with other departments. I think if each department understood better what the other departments do, they would have more respect and tolerance for them.

Really good company to work for

ProsI really feel part of a great team. There is plenty of support between colleagues and staff are encouraged to share ideas. Benefits are really good, and there are rewards for special effort. Lots of regular training as well. Great vibes around the place. There are always opportunities for promotion as openness is welcomed.

ConsThere are too many internal processes.

I hope to be here for a long time.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsSirsiDynix is very selective in who they hire. Once you make it through the screening process and come on board, you realize that you are part of an elite group that is great to work with. SirsiDynix values their employees and goes to great lengths to create a positive work environment that is pleasant, enjoyable, challenging and rewarding. I've had other job opportunities come up while working at SirsiDynix, but they don't compare to what I have here. When I get the itch to move on, I just move to a different position at SirsiDynix.

ConsI started with SirsiDynix when they were located in Provo. The recent move to Lehi means more travel each day. I like the building we are in. I just don't like the 20 minute drive twice a day.

Love SirsiDynix!

Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsFriendly employees, great office environment, good location--convenient, new, modern office space, well-managed, good benefits package, fun fringe benefits.

ConsLow growth industry, some customers are wary of SIrsiDynix's past behaviors. They are working to improve that but still have work to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people to get to industry standards.

A great place to work

Operations (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsI like the work environment - the offices and culture have the feel of a start up but the process and maturity of a 40 year company. I like the work we are doing ow but also the vision for the future and really impacting our industry. Over the past 2 years, the company has done a much better job of communicating what is important and how we are doing.

ConsThe library industry hat we serve can be a bit slow to change and embrace new products and ideas. We also have a lot of projects going on the help our customers today and also in the future and it can be very hard to prioritize what is most important to work on.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep doing what you are doing - especially the communication and culture.

Fantastic company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsI have enjoyed working here more than any company previous to this. I work closely with the executives and I can say that they truly care about all the employees. They have very competitive benefits and the people that I work with are the best. They do a lot of employee activities and they put a lot into the facilities to try and make it as comfortable as an environment as possible. They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable.

ConsThe health plans are not ideal. They only have high deducible choices from Select Health. The owners of the company sometimes tie the hands of the executives when making decisions. I think this really hurts the growth potential that SirisiDynix has.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see the owners back away a bit and let the executives that understand the industry make the proper decisions.

SirsiDynix provides a great environment for their employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsSirsiDynix creates a "work hard, play hard" environment for their employees. They believe in rewarding hard work and making sure their employees want to be at work. Management and the Executive Team are great to work with, they are very involved with the employees and make sure they continue to provide a wonderful working environment.

ConsSo far I have not had a poor experience with any aspect of the company. They are always striving to improve and make sure SirsiDynix stays a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to the employees and their needs. It creates a great working environment when management is involved and the employees feel free to talk and make suggestions in the work place.

Worked for SirsiDynix? Contribute to the Community!