SirsiDynix Reviews

Reset
4.2
SirsiDynix CEO Bill Davison
Bill Davison

Pros
  • The people and work environment (in 9 reviews)

• Average work/life balance - at best (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • As soon as the new products are out, it will be better (in 3 reviews)

• Health Insurance is High Deductible/HSA (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I'm glad I switched careers, SirsiDynix has been great.

Current Employee - Scrummaster in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Scrummaster in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very positive environment - Flexible with their employees - For book lovers (like me) it's a very rewarding career/industry - Management listens to their reports - Genuine opportunities for upward mobility - Work-life balance is always a focus, holidays off, bagel Fridays, free fountain drinks

Cons

There have been some big process changes implemented, which not everyone has embraced. Changes come some bumps and bruises, however, the changes are already showing their true value.

Advice to Management

Continue seeing the bigger picture while simultaneously listening to those people in the trenches.

Dec 4, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

We're glad you switched careers, too! Thank you for your contributions to our development team!

2. Associate Support Analyst

Current Employee - Associate Support Analyst in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Support Analyst in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fantastic work environment, work life balance, management, and co-workers.

Cons

Nothing noteworthy, but since this thing makes me input info, my salary is on the low end, to be expected when I start a completely new career field and I'm sure this will take care of itself as I continue. Ok glassdoor, can I submit now?...

Advice to Management

Keep it up, this is a great company to work for!

Apr 20, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback, especially the obligatory "cons" statement. :) It's great to hear that you are having such a positive experience with us.

3. Loved working at SirsiDynix!

Former Employee - Associate Marketing Specialist in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Associate Marketing Specialist in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Probably the best feature about SirsiDynix is the atmosphere. The people are so friendly, the bosses are big into employee appreciation, and there are always opportunities for advancement within the company.

Cons

The Health Insurance is kind of pricy. High premiums with high deductibles I would have to say was my only major complaint.

5. Great work/life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great work/life balance, opportunities for growth for those new to software/business, great culture.

Cons

Seems like high turnover at times, would love to see some more career options for folks wanting to get into mid-level management, better communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Keep track of your strong employees and connected with them so they feel they are moving towards their careers goals.

6. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, flexibility, work/life balance, and industry. Working in the library industry finding ways to bridge the gap between technology and printed materials is exciting.

Cons

Turnover of employees seems to be on the rise. Management needs to find out why quality employees are leaving and how to keep them.

Advice to Management

Be proactive in making sure that employees are happy- if they aren't find ways to compromise with them in order to keep them. Having veteran employees, especially in development, will be crucial to the continued success of SirsiDynix.

7. Title

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of experience to be had. There is a great break room, club blue, with a pool table and soda fountain. The people are really fun to work with, it is a younger group with many engineers fresh out of school or still finishing up.

Cons

They take the philosophy of a self organizing team to it logical absurdity. The engineers are the testers, scrum masters, doc writers, product owners, coders, and managers even though there are actual people in all those roles.

Advice to Management

Reduce the amount of time engineering support staff and management spends in meetings so they can focus on their main job responsibilities.

8. Great company

Former Employee - QA Engineer
    Former Employee - QA Engineer

I worked at SirsiDynix

Pros

Good pay, good people and atmosphere.

Cons

Tools provided are sometimes not adequate to get job done.

9. Great company.

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Great Culture, great coworkers, flexible managent, nice facilities, growing company, for the most part we're taken care.of

Cons

Low salary, management and ownership changes have made things different. Company parties aren't as great as they used to be.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating employees through other means, things have changed in some departments and it's harder to have a good time at work.

Apr 24, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments, and I'm sorry to see that you are a former rather than current employee. Our HR team works hard to ensure the work environment is fun and positive. If you perceived this ... More

10. Great Company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a lot of great people working at SirsiDynix. Everyone worked hard together to make great products. I was given the opportunity to learn new technologies.

Cons

I can't think of many cons. The open workspace sometimes causes distractions like people walking by, nearby conversations. That being said, it does promote a collaborative environment within a team.

Apr 1, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review and for your years of service within our Software Development team!

11. Unhealthy work/life balance

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Free coffee and bagles.

Cons

Managers did not mind employees working until 9 or 10 pm to complete task that was given last minute. Those who worked on vacation and volunteered to work late nights were praised. Even though the quality of work was not high. SirsiDynix offers salaries that are below market value so coworkers weren't the best or the brightest to work with. Long meetings that did not accomplish anything. It seemed like over 50% of the work week was spent in meetings rather than coding. It was irritating working here and there was much better opportunities elsewhere.

Apr 1, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Based on the content of your review, I’m guessing that you have not been employed here for at least two or three years. In that time, we’ve significantly expanded our software development group and ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed