SirsiDynix Reviews

Reset
4.2
SirsiDynix CEO Bill Davison
Bill Davison

Pros
  • The people and work environment (in 9 reviews)

• Average work/life balance - at best (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • As soon as the new products are out, it will be better (in 3 reviews)

• Health Insurance is High Deductible/HSA (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I'm glad I switched careers, SirsiDynix has been great.

Current Employee - Scrummaster in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Scrummaster in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very positive environment - Flexible with their employees - For book lovers (like me) it's a very rewarding career/industry - Management listens to their reports - Genuine opportunities for upward mobility - Work-life balance is always a focus, holidays off, bagel Fridays, free fountain drinks

Cons

There have been some big process changes implemented, which not everyone has embraced. Changes come some bumps and bruises, however, the changes are already showing their true value.

Advice to Management

Continue seeing the bigger picture while simultaneously listening to those people in the trenches.

SirsiDynix Response

Dec 4, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

We're glad you switched careers, too! Thank you for your contributions to our development team!

2. Excellent Company

Pros

welcoming environment, good benefits, amazing people, satisfaction of helping libraries

Cons

workload fluctuates greatly, office is not close to my home

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

3. Flexible work environment

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Scrum Master in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are really flexible and the working environment is great. People are put into a position where they can succeed. There is a great culture among the scrum masters of problem solving.

Cons

Wages are lower and with the market heating up they are having a harder time competing for talent.

Advice to Management

Continue to leverage the great things about working at SirsiDynix. The progress of the company has been exciting while I've been there.

5. Great People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Great people with lots of great ideas. It's great to see that management is pushing new innovation to keep us relevant and on the top of our customers minds.

Cons

Benefits are good but not great. Can only carry over 5 days of vacation which is frustrating to say the least.

Advice to Management

Work harder to keep good talented people from leaving. Train managers to be better at acknowledging and rewarding good work and to use the incentive programs that are in place.

6. Decent Overall

Pros

Fun people to work with, and the work/life balance seems pretty good. They try hard to keep a fun and challenging environment for all their employees

Cons

Several products and teams that have hard dependencies on each other. Team isolation was also a big problem.

Advice to Management

The industry is headed forward at a rapid rate. New technologies will need to be implemented if you want to keep up.

7. Great Leadership

Current Employee - Executive Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Executive Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Pay, "small big company"

Cons

ownership changes, pay manipulation in some cases

False advertising!

Current Employee - Senior Management
    Current Employee - Senior Management

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company gets inflated false reviews because they hire individuals with zero experience and they do not know any better. They also pander for good reviews on glassdoor I myself have been requested to get this company a great review because I am a great employee. This company seems A very safe bet simply because their customers use government funding to pay for their contract. The reality is the end-user the end customer is really getting a poor product from this company. So so the pro for this company is that it's very fault-tolerant because it's in bed with the government so much. Most of the monies for supporting libraries come from federal and state money. And as a result being integrated and has been in use for many years the library administrator seem hard pressed to change therefore they don't therefore SD continues to provide a terrible product at the customers expense meanwhile increasing prices. So the pro is the customer is ignorant there for the money keeps rolling in.

Cons

This company has been unable to deliver on the vision for product management for at least five years. The reason for this is because it's not been run by software at all the company is being run by finances. They don't make decisions in an innovative way in a product oriented way in and creative engineered heart and passion way. They are confined to small teams doing too many tasks and therefore they fail at all of them they've been trying to implement cloud strategies for at least five years they are incapable of implementing a cloud strategy for the customer. luckily for for SD The customer is not knowledge of enough to know what they don't know. The customer keeps renewing and paying their bill year over year and they just don't realize how poor this product is. The quality alone is embarrassing to me I can literally go break any of their products within minutes just from the user interface.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to turn this into a software company again, figure out how to provide to customers value without charging them more, actually deliver on what you say you will do, actually test your products thoroughly and stop using the customer as a beta site. Every customer is a beta site on every release every time. The company needs to stop running by finance and start becoming a design software and quality company again like it was back when it was in originally owned company. I believe this is possible it requires a leader with the vision that's not just chasing money.

9. Loved working at SirsiDynix!

Former Employee - Associate Marketing Specialist in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Associate Marketing Specialist in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Probably the best feature about SirsiDynix is the atmosphere. The people are so friendly, the bosses are big into employee appreciation, and there are always opportunities for advancement within the company.

Cons

The Health Insurance is kind of pricy. High premiums with high deductibles I would have to say was my only major complaint.

Great work/life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great work/life balance, opportunities for growth for those new to software/business, great culture.

Cons

Seems like high turnover at times, would love to see some more career options for folks wanting to get into mid-level management, better communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Keep track of your strong employees and connected with them so they feel they are moving towards their careers goals.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, flexibility, work/life balance, and industry. Working in the library industry finding ways to bridge the gap between technology and printed materials is exciting.

Cons

Turnover of employees seems to be on the rise. Management needs to find out why quality employees are leaving and how to keep them.

Advice to Management

Be proactive in making sure that employees are happy- if they aren't find ways to compromise with them in order to keep them. Having veteran employees, especially in development, will be crucial to the continued success of SirsiDynix.

RSS Feed </> Embed