SirsiDynix Reviews

74 reviews filtered by
4.2
SirsiDynix CEO Bill Davison
Bill Davison

Pros
  • They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable (in 9 reviews)

• Average work/life balance - at best (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, as others have mentioned, you and your spouse must both participate in a wellness program in order for the company to match HSA contributions (in 3 reviews)

• I have been tempted to leave for more money but the amount of money really couldn't compensate for all the extras that you get (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I'm glad I switched careers, SirsiDynix has been great.

Current Employee - Scrummaster in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Scrummaster in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Very positive environment
    - Flexible with their employees
    - For book lovers (like me) it's a very rewarding career/industry
    - Management listens to their reports
    - Genuine opportunities for upward mobility
    - Work-life balance is always a focus, holidays off, bagel Fridays, free fountain drinks

Cons

There have been some big process changes implemented, which not everyone has embraced. Changes come some bumps and bruises, however, the changes are already showing their true value.

Continue seeing the bigger picture while simultaneously listening to those people in the trenches.

Dec 4, 2014Recruiting Manager

We're glad you switched careers, too! Thank you for your contributions to our development team!

2. Unhealthy work/life balance

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Free coffee and bagles.

Cons

Managers did not mind employees working until 9 or 10 pm to complete task that was given last minute. Those who worked on vacation and volunteered to work late nights were praised. Even though the quality of work was not high.

SirsiDynix offers salaries that are below market value so coworkers weren't the best or the brightest to work with.

Long meetings that did not accomplish anything. It seemed like over 50% of the work week was spent in meetings rather than coding. It was irritating working here and there was much better opportunities elsewhere.

Apr 1, 2015Recruiting Manager

Based on the content of your review, I’m guessing that you have not been employed here for at least two or three years. In that time, we’ve significantly expanded our software development group and ... More

3. Great Company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There's a lot of great people working at SirsiDynix. Everyone worked hard together to make great products. I was given the opportunity to learn new technologies.

Cons

I can't think of many cons. The open workspace sometimes causes distractions like people walking by, nearby conversations. That being said, it does promote a collaborative environment within a team.

Apr 1, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review and for your years of service within our Software Development team!

5. Great company makes my decision to move to the vendor side of the world better every day

Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues and working in/with libraries is a personal joy. SirsiDynix's focus on providing the best library user experience is heartfelt and true. Development team has grown into one of our largest divisions.

Cons

Our vision and narrative push our development team beyond their means at times. Customer expectations are demanding that development keep up.

Keep up the great work.

Mar 17, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. It is inspiring to have so many employees who join SirsiDynix with such joy and passion for the library world!

6. Sales Team

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Working at SirsiDynix has been an enjoyable experience. The people are wonderful, they make work fun yet stay focused on obtaining sales results.

Cons

I do find the lack of consistency with accurate development cycles frustrating. I would like to see our dev team do a better job of hitting release targets or at least setting the proper expectations.

Mar 17, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments!

7. Good company

I have been working at SirsiDynix

Pros

Good company to work for, fast possibility to advance

Cons

poor training, few paid holidays compare to other companies I have worked for before.

Mar 17, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments. Enhancing the learning and development culture is a major goal for us. If you have suggestions or have identified ways in which we may do better, please feel free to ... More

8. Lies and more lies

Current Employee - Sales in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Only pro is OK pay but health insurance is on the rise.

Cons

Everyone is told there is opportunity for upward movement. They keep firing people then hire new ones with the same lies, over and over again.

This product does not sell itself so please treat us with a little respect. Please don't call people asking who wrote a review it is anonymous for a reason!

9. An awesome place to work

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership has great vision and a good understanding of the library industry. A lot of respect for employees and values input and ideas from everyone. I would highly recommend SirsiDynix as a great place to work.

Cons

Library industry is somewhat dynamic lately. Product development just recently hired additional developers so is just now making progress on delivering new products.

Dec 4, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments. We are looking forward to the great advances our Product Development team will make on both our new and well-established product offerings.

10. Bright Futures

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company is very forward thinking. The open door policies and interdepartmental communication allows everyone to have a voice. Salary is competitive and the benefits are good. If you do a good job, you are rewarded. This is a fantastic place to begin, continue or finish out a career in software.

Cons

Growth can cause some slow down with product development as more and more new employees are brought up to speed; however, this will make the company much stronger in the long run.

Increase the frequency of company updates so every department knows about all current objectives and their statuses.

Dec 4, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the review! That is a great suggestion about increasing the frequency of company updates. Our HR team started an internal newsletter in November, and we will continue to seek ways to ... More

11. Great Company

Current Employee - Finance in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Finance in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

SirsiDynix has a lot of monthly activities; management is friendly and personable. Time-off is flexible, and the environment is mostly relaxed.

Cons

Recently, employees have felt a little spread thin due to additional workload. Sometimes communication is a little weak between departments and job functions

Oct 29, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments. If you have any suggestions on how we can communicate more effectively between departments, please don't hesitate to contact any of us in HR. Feel free to also utilize ... More