SirsiDynix Reviews

Updated August 19, 2014
4.6

SirsiDynix CEO Bill Davison
Bill Davison

Pros
  • They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable (in 9 reviews)

• Average work/life balance - at best (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • As soon as the new products are out, it will be better (in 3 reviews)

• Also, as others have mentioned, you and your spouse must both participate in a wellness program in order for the company to match HSA contributions (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Best decision I ever made

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with from the executives down through the rank and file. Everyone is committed to the common goal of providing the best library user experience and this focus shows.

Cons

Development is in the process of creating a next generation Integrated Library System. This process takes time but it will greatly benefit our users and the company in the long run.

You are doing a great job. Keep your focus on the library user and we will continue to see great success.

One of the Best Employers I've Ever Worked For...

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Fantastic work environment, great breakrooms, relaxation rooms, gym in building, fun events and parties.
    - Excellent advancement opportunities
    - Great benefits, 401k w/matching, HSA Matching, Adoption Assistance, etc.
    - Family friendly
    - Willing to take chances on good candidates
    - Wonderful Managers, very professional **see Cons

I seriously love working here, the only reason I put any cons is for full disclosure.

Cons

- Health Insurance is High Deductible/HSA
    - Actual pay is not as high as other companies, however the fringe benefits make this a bit more of a meh than a con
    - Performance Reviews are arbitrary and inconsistent
    - Lack of professional development for employees, advanced training and skills improvement

**Some managers are clueless and lack leadership skills

As often as we are asked to review our peers and we are reviewed. It would be nice if there were some bottom up reviews of supervisors, managers and department heads.

My kids would rate SirsiDynix with 5 stars

Current Employee - Sales Trainer  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There have been many family focused activities throughout the year. From movies to trick or treating, to a wonderful Christmas Party with Santa just for the kids, all have been a hit. SirsiDynix realizes that it is more than just making the work life of the employee enjoyable, but making sure the whole family is happy. My kids think I work in the coolest place and I would agree.

Cons

Not having Diet Mountain Dew onsite. Every company I have worked for has problems, but SirsiDynix strives to constantly improve.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company with great managers

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Every manager I've worked with has been very interested in helping me succeed. They care about their people. It's a fun place to work with a great corporate culture. I really enjoy the good work/life balance. The people I work with are good at what they do and fun to be around.

Cons

Salaries start kind of low. I wish we got more paid holidays (not all the federal holidays are included in our holiday schedule, but we do get "flex days" we can use whenever we like).

It would be nice to hire more experienced developers.

This Company cares about us, the Employees! Great Place to Grow!

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The leadership at SirsiDynix takes the time to know the employees. Not just HR, but the CFO and other company leaders walk around and check in. They take the time to learn about our families and career goals. Then, they work to help make those goals a reality.

Cons

As with all large companies communication between teams could be better.

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salaries are very competitive. Main office is a new building and is a very clean, comfortable place to work. Environment is upbeat, but not stressful. Job is motivating, but not overwhelming. Always learning and improving on the job. Very accommodating for family time. Break room, food, sodas, etc are great. I rarely leave for lunch. I love the food that is brought in.

Cons

Inter-departmental fueds are annoying, specifically between development/project management and other departments.

Help certain departments to work better with other departments. I think if each department understood better what the other departments do, they would have more respect and tolerance for them.

Really good company to work for

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I really feel part of a great team. There is plenty of support between colleagues and staff are encouraged to share ideas. Benefits are really good, and there are rewards for special effort. Lots of regular training as well. Great vibes around the place. There are always opportunities for promotion as openness is welcomed.

Cons

There are too many internal processes.

I hope to be here for a long time.

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

SirsiDynix is very selective in who they hire. Once you make it through the screening process and come on board, you realize that you are part of an elite group that is great to work with. SirsiDynix values their employees and goes to great lengths to create a positive work environment that is pleasant, enjoyable, challenging and rewarding. I've had other job opportunities come up while working at SirsiDynix, but they don't compare to what I have here. When I get the itch to move on, I just move to a different position at SirsiDynix.

Cons

I started with SirsiDynix when they were located in Provo. The recent move to Lehi means more travel each day. I like the building we are in. I just don't like the 20 minute drive twice a day.

Love SirsiDynix!

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly employees, great office environment, good location--convenient, new, modern office space, well-managed, good benefits package, fun fringe benefits.

Cons

Low growth industry, some customers are wary of SIrsiDynix's past behaviors. They are working to improve that but still have work to do.

Hire more people to get to industry standards.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Operations  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Operations in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I like the work environment - the offices and culture have the feel of a start up but the process and maturity of a 40 year company. I like the work we are doing ow but also the vision for the future and really impacting our industry. Over the past 2 years, the company has done a much better job of communicating what is important and how we are doing.

Cons

The library industry hat we serve can be a bit slow to change and embrace new products and ideas. We also have a lot of projects going on the help our customers today and also in the future and it can be very hard to prioritize what is most important to work on.

Please keep doing what you are doing - especially the communication and culture.

Worked for SirsiDynix? Contribute to the Community!