SirsiDynix

Updated January 21, 2015
4.3

SirsiDynix CEO Bill Davison
Bill Davison

Pros
  • They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable (in 9 reviews)

• Average work/life balance - at best (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, as others have mentioned, you and your spouse must both participate in a wellness program in order for the company to match HSA contributions (in 3 reviews)

• I have been tempted to leave for more money but the amount of money really couldn't compensate for all the extras that you get (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people and work environment. Challenging work and great relationships with colleagues make this company great. SiriDynix has a great team.

Cons

Health insurance is slightly high.

Keep making your employees happy

SirsiDynix Response

Oct 24, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review!

Fun Ride

Current Employee - Senior Field Sales Consultant in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Field Sales Consultant in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people with a solid product vision. Bright outlook for new employees. Excellent upper management.

Cons

Too many bridges have been burned by mostly former executives. The company needs a solid finished product delivered soon to hush the naysayers. The competition is unfairly staffed with former employees.

Keep the product vision going to reach the completion of the product. Get the software out to the market, so you won't have to worry about the competitors. Don't step over the rusty coins to pick up the shiny new penny.

Best decision I ever made

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with from the executives down through the rank and file. Everyone is committed to the common goal of providing the best library user experience and this focus shows.

Cons

Development is in the process of creating a next generation Integrated Library System. This process takes time but it will greatly benefit our users and the company in the long run.

You are doing a great job. Keep your focus on the library user and we will continue to see great success.

Employee morale is a focal point.

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sirsidynix, since their move to the new office building in Lehi, has taken great strides towards making sure their employees are taken care of with both in-office perks, extraordinary benefits, and through supervisory/subordinate reaching out. For the first time in my career, it really feels like a company really cares about the employee rather than us just being another number on a spreadsheet.

Internal staff are friendly, willing to help each other, and the office atmosphere is one of the best around. They have internal competitions like miniature golfing, video game, pool, and table tennis championships. Don't forget the golden golf putter!

Sirsidynix is also invested in their products. They are making significant leaps ahead of the competitive technology within the market. They are employing lots of new development staff to work on new and innovating software that will impress the marketplace for years to come.

Cons

Sirsidynix is owned by a private equity firm which could mean higher turnover at times, and due to the nature of private equity, there is also a bit of uncertainty in which the ownership will evolve down the road.

Sirsidynix is definitely not in automatic mode right now. There's a lot of new technology so the employees are working hard to keep up with supporting it. There often also can be times where internal communication could be lacking.

I believe that inter-department communication regarding software and philosophy would greatly help the efficiency of supporting said software.

One of the Best Employers I've Ever Worked For...

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Fantastic work environment, great breakrooms, relaxation rooms, gym in building, fun events and parties.
    - Excellent advancement opportunities
    - Great benefits, 401k w/matching, HSA Matching, Adoption Assistance, etc.
    - Family friendly
    - Willing to take chances on good candidates
    - Wonderful Managers, very professional **see Cons

I seriously love working here, the only reason I put any cons is for full disclosure.

Cons

- Health Insurance is High Deductible/HSA
    - Actual pay is not as high as other companies, however the fringe benefits make this a bit more of a meh than a con
    - Performance Reviews are arbitrary and inconsistent
    - Lack of professional development for employees, advanced training and skills improvement

**Some managers are clueless and lack leadership skills

As often as we are asked to review our peers and we are reviewed. It would be nice if there were some bottom up reviews of supervisors, managers and department heads.

My kids would rate SirsiDynix with 5 stars

Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There have been many family focused activities throughout the year. From movies to trick or treating, to a wonderful Christmas Party with Santa just for the kids, all have been a hit. SirsiDynix realizes that it is more than just making the work life of the employee enjoyable, but making sure the whole family is happy. My kids think I work in the coolest place and I would agree.

Cons

Not having Diet Mountain Dew onsite. Every company I have worked for has problems, but SirsiDynix strives to constantly improve.

Good company with great managers

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every manager I've worked with has been very interested in helping me succeed. They care about their people. It's a fun place to work with a great corporate culture. I really enjoy the good work/life balance. The people I work with are good at what they do and fun to be around.

Cons

Salaries start kind of low. I wish we got more paid holidays (not all the federal holidays are included in our holiday schedule, but we do get "flex days" we can use whenever we like).

It would be nice to hire more experienced developers.

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salaries are very competitive. Main office is a new building and is a very clean, comfortable place to work. Environment is upbeat, but not stressful. Job is motivating, but not overwhelming. Always learning and improving on the job. Very accommodating for family time. Break room, food, sodas, etc are great. I rarely leave for lunch. I love the food that is brought in.

Cons

Inter-departmental fueds are annoying, specifically between development/project management and other departments.

Help certain departments to work better with other departments. I think if each department understood better what the other departments do, they would have more respect and tolerance for them.

Fun place to work!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The facility is great: environmentally friendly, clean, lots of light, open floor plan, great furniture, PLUSH common area/game room, subsidized cafeteria, free soda, free coffee/espresso/cappuccino, relaxation room with massage chairs, lactation room, work out facility, walking distance to Front Runner.

Many efforts have been made to create a positive culture and employees are definitely engaged. CFO encourages a “Work Hard, Play Hard” environment. Managers have made it a point to recognize hard work! Multiple activities are hosted for employee's and thier families on a regular basis.

Company is flexible with works schedules, which is a plus if you need to work from home due to a sick family member or other such issues.

Cons

The Company has definitely gone through some growing pains in creating its Technology Centre.

Implementation of a wellness program has been a difficult change for employees.

While some additions have been made in recent months, there is a lack of non-fast food eating establishments.

Although fairly short, the traffic on the main road to the freeway can back up and add 5-10 minutes to my commute.

Keep moving in the direction of employee recognition. Remain open to receiving employee feedback. Also, continue to keep employee’s apprised of the Company’s goals and initiatives.

I hope to be here for a long time.

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is very selective in who they hire. Once you make it through the screening process and come on board, you realize that you are part of an elite group that is great to work with. SirsiDynix values their employees and goes to great lengths to create a positive work environment that is pleasant, enjoyable, challenging and rewarding. I've had other job opportunities come up while working at SirsiDynix, but they don't compare to what I have here. When I get the itch to move on, I just move to a different position at SirsiDynix.

Cons

I started with SirsiDynix when they were located in Provo. The recent move to Lehi means more travel each day. I like the building we are in. I just don't like the 20 minute drive twice a day.