SirsiDynix Reviews

Updated April 19, 2015
75 reviews filtered by

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salaries are very competitive. Main office is a new building and is a very clean, comfortable place to work. Environment is upbeat, but not stressful. Job is motivating, but not overwhelming. Always learning and improving on the job. Very accommodating for family time. Break room, food, sodas, etc are great. I rarely leave for lunch. I love the food that is brought in.

Cons

Inter-departmental fueds are annoying, specifically between development/project management and other departments.

Advice to Management

Help certain departments to work better with other departments. I think if each department understood better what the other departments do, they would have more respect and tolerance for them.

Fun place to work!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The facility is great: environmentally friendly, clean, lots of light, open floor plan, great furniture, PLUSH common area/game room, subsidized cafeteria, free soda, free coffee/espresso/cappuccino, relaxation room with massage chairs, lactation room, work out facility, walking distance to Front Runner.

Many efforts have been made to create a positive culture and employees are definitely engaged. CFO encourages a “Work Hard, Play Hard” environment. Managers have made it a point to recognize hard work! Multiple activities are hosted for employee's and thier families on a regular basis.

Company is flexible with works schedules, which is a plus if you need to work from home due to a sick family member or other such issues.

Cons

The Company has definitely gone through some growing pains in creating its Technology Centre.

Implementation of a wellness program has been a difficult change for employees.

While some additions have been made in recent months, there is a lack of non-fast food eating establishments.

Although fairly short, the traffic on the main road to the freeway can back up and add 5-10 minutes to my commute.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction of employee recognition. Remain open to receiving employee feedback. Also, continue to keep employee’s apprised of the Company’s goals and initiatives.

I hope to be here for a long time.

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is very selective in who they hire. Once you make it through the screening process and come on board, you realize that you are part of an elite group that is great to work with. SirsiDynix values their employees and goes to great lengths to create a positive work environment that is pleasant, enjoyable, challenging and rewarding. I've had other job opportunities come up while working at SirsiDynix, but they don't compare to what I have here. When I get the itch to move on, I just move to a different position at SirsiDynix.

Cons

I started with SirsiDynix when they were located in Provo. The recent move to Lehi means more travel each day. I like the building we are in. I just don't like the 20 minute drive twice a day.

Really good company to work for

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I really feel part of a great team. There is plenty of support between colleagues and staff are encouraged to share ideas. Benefits are really good, and there are rewards for special effort. Lots of regular training as well. Great vibes around the place. There are always opportunities for promotion as openness is welcomed.

Cons

There are too many internal processes.

Fantastic company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have enjoyed working here more than any company previous to this. I work closely with the executives and I can say that they truly care about all the employees. They have very competitive benefits and the people that I work with are the best. They do a lot of employee activities and they put a lot into the facilities to try and make it as comfortable as an environment as possible. They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable.

Cons

The health plans are not ideal. They only have high deducible choices from Select Health. The owners of the company sometimes tie the hands of the executives when making decisions. I think this really hurts the growth potential that SirisiDynix has.

Advice to Management

I would like to see the owners back away a bit and let the executives that understand the industry make the proper decisions.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Operations in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Operations in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like the work environment - the offices and culture have the feel of a start up but the process and maturity of a 40 year company. I like the work we are doing ow but also the vision for the future and really impacting our industry. Over the past 2 years, the company has done a much better job of communicating what is important and how we are doing.

Cons

The library industry hat we serve can be a bit slow to change and embrace new products and ideas. We also have a lot of projects going on the help our customers today and also in the future and it can be very hard to prioritize what is most important to work on.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing - especially the communication and culture.

Love SirsiDynix!

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly employees, great office environment, good location--convenient, new, modern office space, well-managed, good benefits package, fun fringe benefits.

Cons

Low growth industry, some customers are wary of SIrsiDynix's past behaviors. They are working to improve that but still have work to do.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to get to industry standards.

Family and Friends with the greatest minds and hearts for libraries!

Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company atmosphere is truly a family oriented environment with some of the most intelligent staff in the industry. The emphasis on the library user experience and revenue generating opportunities create a very unique opportunity for libraries who cho0se to partner with SirsiDynix. The leadership team is the best in the industry! I have served the library community my entire career with this company, and this is by far the BEST Executive/Management leadership during my tenure.

Cons

The market is very competitive with so many options and many libraries are faced with choices to provide the best services to their patrons, students, and staff. The negative tactics of other vendors in the industry often create major investments in sub-par software and functionality offerings. SirsiDynix has been the victim of many of these negative tactics as it has sustained over decades as one of the most utilized system in the industry.

Advice to Management

Stay the course with Development. Invest in your staff by increasing the staff levels of Development (largest department in the company) and Support to ensure we not only continue to deliver the best software in the industry, but also provide the best support to our partner libraries as we strive to succeed in lieu of the challenges of today and beyond. Focus will be the key and follow thru will be essential.

10. SirsiDynix allows team members to work hard and play often

Current Employee - Customer Support Management in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Support Management in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible working environment
    Educated and knowledgeable team members in all departments
    Small feel for being a global market leader
    Real effort to provide a fun atmosphere
    Approachable leadership at all levels

Cons

Medical benefits package needs to be stronger

Advice to Management

Keep a clear vision forward, but not so far that we forget the products we need to support.

SirsiDynix Response

Dec 4, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments!

SirsiDynix provides a great environment for their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (less than a year)

Pros

SirsiDynix creates a "work hard, play hard" environment for their employees. They believe in rewarding hard work and making sure their employees want to be at work. Management and the Executive Team are great to work with, they are very involved with the employees and make sure they continue to provide a wonderful working environment.

Cons

So far I have not had a poor experience with any aspect of the company. They are always striving to improve and make sure SirsiDynix stays a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the employees and their needs. It creates a great working environment when management is involved and the employees feel free to talk and make suggestions in the work place.