SirsiDynix

Updated October 24, 2014
4.2

SirsiDynix CEO Bill Davison
Bill Davison

Pros
  • They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable (in 9 reviews)

• Average work/life balance - at best (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, as others have mentioned, you and your spouse must both participate in a wellness program in order for the company to match HSA contributions (in 3 reviews)

• As soon as the new products are out, it will be better (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Family and Friends with the greatest minds and hearts for libraries!

Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company atmosphere is truly a family oriented environment with some of the most intelligent staff in the industry. The emphasis on the library user experience and revenue generating opportunities create a very unique opportunity for libraries who cho0se to partner with SirsiDynix. The leadership team is the best in the industry! I have served the library community my entire career with this company, and this is by far the BEST Executive/Management leadership during my tenure.

Cons

The market is very competitive with so many options and many libraries are faced with choices to provide the best services to their patrons, students, and staff. The negative tactics of other vendors in the industry often create major investments in sub-par software and functionality offerings. SirsiDynix has been the victim of many of these negative tactics as it has sustained over decades as one of the most utilized system in the industry.

Stay the course with Development. Invest in your staff by increasing the staff levels of Development (largest department in the company) and Support to ensure we not only continue to deliver the best software in the industry, but also provide the best support to our partner libraries as we strive to succeed in lieu of the challenges of today and beyond. Focus will be the key and follow thru will be essential.

Great place to start or continue your software career.

Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Forward thinking company with excellent benefits. Compensation is in line with responsibilities. Your ideas are listened to at every level and there are opportunities for advancement all the time. We do a quarterly company review and there are always 8-9 people who have just received a new promotion.

Cons

Because of all the new ideas for new products or improvement in existing products, there is a heavy workload, but you are compensated well for the work you do.

Hire more experienced people to work on the more complex products and let entry level people take their time and work their way up.

Great place to work!!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Upbeat environment. Great recognition for hard work and creativity. Management welcomes and listens to new ideas. Good compensation and benefits package.

Cons

Requires hard work. Customers often concerned about budgets and the future of their industry. Most library staff have heard of our company, but may be unaware of current product line and company direction.

Keep taking care of your employees.

SirsiDynix provides a great environment for their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

SirsiDynix creates a "work hard, play hard" environment for their employees. They believe in rewarding hard work and making sure their employees want to be at work. Management and the Executive Team are great to work with, they are very involved with the employees and make sure they continue to provide a wonderful working environment.

Cons

So far I have not had a poor experience with any aspect of the company. They are always striving to improve and make sure SirsiDynix stays a great place to work.

Continue to listen to the employees and their needs. It creates a great working environment when management is involved and the employees feel free to talk and make suggestions in the work place.

Exciting, uplifting, professional place to work

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Upbeat, positive, work atmosphere. For being a midsize company, I feel like we are a fairly tight-knit group. In that regard, it feels like many of the small companies I have worked for. Lots of good friends.

Advancement opportunities. Safe learning environment. SirsiDynix invests time and training into its employees.

It's satisfying to belong to a company that is a leader in its industry. It’s fun to tell people about where I work and the innovative, cutting edge, features coming out in SirsiDynix's products lately. Real value is being created for the industry and SirsiDynix's customers.

Extremely comfortable amenities (break room diversions, "zen room" with massage chairs, etc), new building.

Regular activities, tournaments, contests and socials put on by HR and supported by dept heads. Always great food.

Cons

The pay could be more competetive. Professionals that already know what they are doing (especially compared to smaller companies) could wish for higher pay, but in the case of someone that is looking for excellent training from an established mid-sized company, and a chance to build a real career, it's perfect. SirsiDyinx is the place to be.

Several years ago there was sufficient enough "clean up" being implimented by ownership that job security was a common concern. After leaning things out, now that ownership is building back up, things feel stable and secure.

Keep it up! We like this place. Upper management has set a good tone that trickles down through the ranks. Thanks for not leading by fear. There are is enough awesome about this company to stay enthusiastic about what we are doing.

Great career opportunities & fantastic place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix has transformed into an exciting place to work over the past several years. The people are super-bright, motivated, and some of the best I've ever worked with. There's lots of opportunity for promotions or switching roles into other departments if you want a new career change. Management cares about you as a person, they have an open door, and they take the time to get to know you and ensure you're happy, learning and are challenged.

Cons

Last year they switched the company HSA contributions and required us to do a wellness program to get the same HSA match but I heard that this may switch back in January which would be great. As well there are only a handful of places to eat near the office but they do provide food in the office and a few new restaurants opened up this year.

Keep up the focus on delivering a great customer experience and investing in the business. The hiring in development and expansion in Asia, Europe and other markets is helping the company win new business and market share.

Great place to work!

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is a great place to work. Sure over the years they have had their ups and downs; however there has never been a better time to work for them. Benefits are great, the office is fantastic, numerous perks such as free soda, cappuccino, bagel/fruit Friday's, foosball, pool, video games, massage chairs just to name a few. It is a very collaborative environment where everyone shares the same goals and objectives. Senior Management is genuinely concerned with doing what is the right thing for employees and their customers.

Cons

Sometimes there are long work hours however management is good at rewarding staff who are going above and beyond.

Keep doing what you are doing!

A great place to work where your talents are recognized and rewarded.

Current Employee - Engineering in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineering in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is a well established leader in the library automation field and is leading our space with innovative and ground breaking solutions for the library industry. We encourage our development staff to take a couple of days each month to innovate in any area where they have great ideas. That innovation work is then demonstrated to an open and encouraging executive team who often clears the way for implementation into our products. SirsiDynix is big enough to have the resources to really effect change in our industry while not being so big that our staff is alienated or lost. Every member of our teams are an important and valuable part of the SirsiDynix family. The engineering team continues to make positive advances in our daily processes and how we develop and deliver our products. Much of that progress is because we listen to each other and work together to create a great place to work.

Cons

Where will we continue to grow? Our products are popular and as our organization continues to expand, we are quickly outgrowing our new state of the art facility. Great problem to have!

Keep moving forward with the great things that have been implemented recently. Continue to openly share company details with the staff. We are a software development company and our recent re-investment in development is wise and will pay dividends in the near and far future. Keep leading as you have and you will continue to have the respect of those you lead.

Great Company

Current Employee - Finance in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Finance in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits are just the start. SirsiDynix is all about taking care of the employee and the customer. I work directly with the executive team and their primary concern is keeping customers and making sure employees have the best possible experience. So many activities and opportunities to grow within the company nobody should ever get bored. Great managers who really care about their co-workers.

Cons

It is tough to find anything bad about this company. There are complaints that the salary is below market but the perks make up for it in so many ways and the experience is so good I feel extremely marketable after having worked here for 3 years. I have been tempted to leave for more money but the amount of money really couldn't compensate for all the extras that you get.

Keep up the great work. Keep expanding and maintaining good customer retention policies. I see your efforts and know that this company will continue to grow and have amazing success under your leadership.

Ups and downs but generally upward (and accelerating)

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Considerate of employees and their families. Engaging work. Continually striving to improve. Working to improve relationships with customers.

Cons

Insurance benefits are just OK.

Focus, focus, focus.