SirsiDynix

Updated January 21, 2015
4.2

SirsiDynix CEO Bill Davison
Bill Davison

Pros
  • They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable (in 9 reviews)

• Average work/life balance - at best (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, as others have mentioned, you and your spouse must both participate in a wellness program in order for the company to match HSA contributions (in 3 reviews)

• I have been tempted to leave for more money but the amount of money really couldn't compensate for all the extras that you get (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Really good company to work for

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I really feel part of a great team. There is plenty of support between colleagues and staff are encouraged to share ideas. Benefits are really good, and there are rewards for special effort. Lots of regular training as well. Great vibes around the place. There are always opportunities for promotion as openness is welcomed.

Cons

There are too many internal processes.

Exciting, uplifting, professional place to work

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Upbeat, positive, work atmosphere. For being a midsize company, I feel like we are a fairly tight-knit group. In that regard, it feels like many of the small companies I have worked for. Lots of good friends.

Advancement opportunities. Safe learning environment. SirsiDynix invests time and training into its employees.

It's satisfying to belong to a company that is a leader in its industry. It’s fun to tell people about where I work and the innovative, cutting edge, features coming out in SirsiDynix's products lately. Real value is being created for the industry and SirsiDynix's customers.

Extremely comfortable amenities (break room diversions, "zen room" with massage chairs, etc), new building.

Regular activities, tournaments, contests and socials put on by HR and supported by dept heads. Always great food.

Cons

The pay could be more competetive. Professionals that already know what they are doing (especially compared to smaller companies) could wish for higher pay, but in the case of someone that is looking for excellent training from an established mid-sized company, and a chance to build a real career, it's perfect. SirsiDyinx is the place to be.

Several years ago there was sufficient enough "clean up" being implimented by ownership that job security was a common concern. After leaning things out, now that ownership is building back up, things feel stable and secure.

Keep it up! We like this place. Upper management has set a good tone that trickles down through the ranks. Thanks for not leading by fear. There are is enough awesome about this company to stay enthusiastic about what we are doing.

Love SirsiDynix!

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly employees, great office environment, good location--convenient, new, modern office space, well-managed, good benefits package, fun fringe benefits.

Cons

Low growth industry, some customers are wary of SIrsiDynix's past behaviors. They are working to improve that but still have work to do.

Hire more people to get to industry standards.

Fun place to work!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The facility is great: environmentally friendly, clean, lots of light, open floor plan, great furniture, PLUSH common area/game room, subsidized cafeteria, free soda, free coffee/espresso/cappuccino, relaxation room with massage chairs, lactation room, work out facility, walking distance to Front Runner.

Many efforts have been made to create a positive culture and employees are definitely engaged. CFO encourages a “Work Hard, Play Hard” environment. Managers have made it a point to recognize hard work! Multiple activities are hosted for employee's and thier families on a regular basis.

Company is flexible with works schedules, which is a plus if you need to work from home due to a sick family member or other such issues.

Cons

The Company has definitely gone through some growing pains in creating its Technology Centre.

Implementation of a wellness program has been a difficult change for employees.

While some additions have been made in recent months, there is a lack of non-fast food eating establishments.

Although fairly short, the traffic on the main road to the freeway can back up and add 5-10 minutes to my commute.

Keep moving in the direction of employee recognition. Remain open to receiving employee feedback. Also, continue to keep employee’s apprised of the Company’s goals and initiatives.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Operations in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Operations in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like the work environment - the offices and culture have the feel of a start up but the process and maturity of a 40 year company. I like the work we are doing ow but also the vision for the future and really impacting our industry. Over the past 2 years, the company has done a much better job of communicating what is important and how we are doing.

Cons

The library industry hat we serve can be a bit slow to change and embrace new products and ideas. We also have a lot of projects going on the help our customers today and also in the future and it can be very hard to prioritize what is most important to work on.

Please keep doing what you are doing - especially the communication and culture.

Fantastic company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have enjoyed working here more than any company previous to this. I work closely with the executives and I can say that they truly care about all the employees. They have very competitive benefits and the people that I work with are the best. They do a lot of employee activities and they put a lot into the facilities to try and make it as comfortable as an environment as possible. They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable.

Cons

The health plans are not ideal. They only have high deducible choices from Select Health. The owners of the company sometimes tie the hands of the executives when making decisions. I think this really hurts the growth potential that SirisiDynix has.

I would like to see the owners back away a bit and let the executives that understand the industry make the proper decisions.

SirsiDynix provides a great environment for their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

SirsiDynix creates a "work hard, play hard" environment for their employees. They believe in rewarding hard work and making sure their employees want to be at work. Management and the Executive Team are great to work with, they are very involved with the employees and make sure they continue to provide a wonderful working environment.

Cons

So far I have not had a poor experience with any aspect of the company. They are always striving to improve and make sure SirsiDynix stays a great place to work.

Continue to listen to the employees and their needs. It creates a great working environment when management is involved and the employees feel free to talk and make suggestions in the work place.

A great place to work where your talents are recognized and rewarded.

Current Employee - Engineering in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineering in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is a well established leader in the library automation field and is leading our space with innovative and ground breaking solutions for the library industry. We encourage our development staff to take a couple of days each month to innovate in any area where they have great ideas. That innovation work is then demonstrated to an open and encouraging executive team who often clears the way for implementation into our products. SirsiDynix is big enough to have the resources to really effect change in our industry while not being so big that our staff is alienated or lost. Every member of our teams are an important and valuable part of the SirsiDynix family. The engineering team continues to make positive advances in our daily processes and how we develop and deliver our products. Much of that progress is because we listen to each other and work together to create a great place to work.

Cons

Where will we continue to grow? Our products are popular and as our organization continues to expand, we are quickly outgrowing our new state of the art facility. Great problem to have!

Keep moving forward with the great things that have been implemented recently. Continue to openly share company details with the staff. We are a software development company and our recent re-investment in development is wise and will pay dividends in the near and far future. Keep leading as you have and you will continue to have the respect of those you lead.

Great place to work!

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is a great place to work. Sure over the years they have had their ups and downs; however there has never been a better time to work for them. Benefits are great, the office is fantastic, numerous perks such as free soda, cappuccino, bagel/fruit Friday's, foosball, pool, video games, massage chairs just to name a few. It is a very collaborative environment where everyone shares the same goals and objectives. Senior Management is genuinely concerned with doing what is the right thing for employees and their customers.

Cons

Sometimes there are long work hours however management is good at rewarding staff who are going above and beyond.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Great career opportunities & fantastic place to work

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix has transformed into an exciting place to work over the past several years. The people are super-bright, motivated, and some of the best I've ever worked with. There's lots of opportunity for promotions or switching roles into other departments if you want a new career change. Management cares about you as a person, they have an open door, and they take the time to get to know you and ensure you're happy, learning and are challenged.

Cons

Last year they switched the company HSA contributions and required us to do a wellness program to get the same HSA match but I heard that this may switch back in January which would be great. As well there are only a handful of places to eat near the office but they do provide food in the office and a few new restaurants opened up this year.

Keep up the focus on delivering a great customer experience and investing in the business. The hiring in development and expansion in Asia, Europe and other markets is helping the company win new business and market share.