SirsiDynix

SirsiDynix Reviews

Updated May 6, 2014

SirsiDynix CEO Bill Davison

Bill Davison

Pros
  • They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable (in 9 reviews)

• Average work/life balance - at best (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • As soon as the new products are out, it will be better (in 3 reviews)

• Also, as others have mentioned, you and your spouse must both participate in a wellness program in order for the company to match HSA contributions (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company!

ProsSirsiDynix offers great opportunities for advancement, mainly looking for internal candidates first. Great support staff throughout the whole company. SirsiDynix has a lot of long tenured people working for them which shows they are a 1st class company.

ConsSome decisions are the effect of the venture capitalist firm that owns SirsiDynix which can affect productivity and sales, it would be nice if we had more leeway in this area.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it going, the future looks great!!!

Review

ProsGreat people, great customers, great industry

Consbenefits declining yearly, poor incentives and raises that don't keep up with inflation.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Company

Finance (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsExcellent benefits are just the start. SirsiDynix is all about taking care of the employee and the customer. I work directly with the executive team and their primary concern is keeping customers and making sure employees have the best possible experience. So many activities and opportunities to grow within the company nobody should ever get bored. Great managers who really care about their co-workers.

ConsIt is tough to find anything bad about this company. There are complaints that the salary is below market but the perks make up for it in so many ways and the experience is so good I feel extremely marketable after having worked here for 3 years. I have been tempted to leave for more money but the amount of money really couldn't compensate for all the extras that you get.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Keep expanding and maintaining good customer retention policies. I see your efforts and know that this company will continue to grow and have amazing success under your leadership.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Uhm Yeah

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe co-workers are pretty good at this company.

ConsThe executives care more about spending money on their offices then on their employees. Mass lay offs every week.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat employees like you want to be treated

Great company!

Software Engineer III (Current Employee) Lexington-Fayette, KY

Pros- opportunity to move up
    - open door policy with Executive's
    - family environment
    - Executive's really care about you and your career growth

ConsI have no complaints at this time. We went through a tough time during the merger, but all departments have improved by leaps and bounds since then. I love my customers and my coworkers!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! Continue to take care of your best employees as you have with me!

SirsiDynix has been a great company to work for and very rewarding for the past decade

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsSirsiDynix has a great work environment! The Executive team promotes and encourages individual growth and wants to see you develop within the company. SirsiDynix has also been flexible in their work schedules.

ConsSirsiDynix is currently owned by a private equity company which has made it challenging to get our product out the door quicker. As others mentioned communications between departments could improve and the changeover to an HSA has been a pain.

Advice to Senior ManagementSirsiDynix has always been the leader in the library world when it comes to automation. They’ve created a fantastic vision for the future of libraries. My advice to management is that we follow through with our product commitments and we deliver in a timely manner.

I've never had an experience as rewarding, fulfilling and fun as working for SirsiDynix

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsManagement is very open to new ideas. The company is interested in promoting and shifting people around until they are doing exactly what they like and what they are good at. There is a lot to be done and everyone is busy. HR does a great job hosting activities and providing experiences that are enjoyable and team-building.

ConsSometimes I wish we had more people in order to accomplish all the objectives we'd like to.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

I've had a great experience with SirsiDynix

ProsSirsiDynix is a great place to build a career. Employee moral is a priority to upper-level management, so they strive to create a positive work environment and allow employees to have a good work/life balance. Most managers are aware of their subordinates and strive to help them develop and progress with their career goals. Most everyone who works at SirsiDynix is friendly and down-to-earth. The office atmosphere is relaxed, but productive. It is all around a great company to work for.

ConsWith any company, there is room for improvement. Communication is something that SirsiDynix could work on. Communication between managers, communication from managers to subordinates, communication from HR to the company, these are areas that SirsiDynix could improve on.

Great company at which to build your career

ProsSirsiDynix has a very thorough hiring process and so all of your co-workers are both fun and smart and you can learn a lot from them. Company has made strives to improve company culture with fun extracurricular activities. Breakroom has free fountain drinks, pool/foosball/ping tables, Xboxes, and a high def movie screen for watching movies and live sporting events. Company is small and intimate enough that management can recognize and reward strong performers. For what it's worth, the company is also the leader in their industry.

ConsSirsiDynix is currently owned by a venture capitalist group and venture capitalists and very good at saving money by trimming expenses. One of the ways they do this is by paying employees at the lower end of the salary range for your job title. Some positions are worse in this regard than others. Also, as others have mentioned, you and your spouse must both participate in a wellness program in order for the company to match HSA contributions.

Fantastic place to work!

ProsManagement works really hard to make sure that it is a fun environment. We have all kinds of recreational items in the breakroom with regularly scheduled tournaments to encourage their use. They also schedule special events and parties for the employees. They do a good job of recognizing the good work done by their employees.

ConsThe HSA program has been a bit of a sticking point for some of the employees, but I think management has done a decent job of trying to make it as easy as possible.

The reward system for doing good work (particularly the YIMEE store) seems better designed for the men in the company than the women.

Worked for SirsiDynix? Contribute to the Community!