SirsiDynix Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Very accommodating to my needs as I do what I can to be a hard worker for the company.

Current Employee - Associate Support Analyst in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Support Analyst in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company gives you the opportunity to be trained and coached on skills that you might not have acquired in your career. The atmosphere here is not stressful, but we all work together to be successful.

Cons

Making an industry change cost me as far as pay is concerned. I will be able to learn what I can and then increase the dynamics that will be competitive for my future career.

Advice to Management

Improving training opportunities.

Oct 7, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. If ever you are seeking more opportunities for training and career development, please don't hesitate to contact any member of the HR and Recruiting ... More

Surround yourself with some of the smartest people on the planet...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the people I interact with want to innovate and continue to grow in their profession. Management provides significant opportunities for you to grow your skill set by giving you opportunities that will push you. SirsiDynix provides an environment that supports the growth and improvement of their people.

Cons

If you like to just show up to work and collect a paycheck, I would move on and apply somewhere else. If you take professional development seriously and see yourself in roles with continued increases in responsibility over the years, then SirsiDynix is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Bill Davison and his team do an exceptional job at making employees feel valued. Members of the executive management team, including David King, Sheridan Richey, Scott Wheelhouse, Berit Nelson, and Eric Keith, are all approachable and listen to suggestions for improvement.

Oct 7, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking time to write this review!

3. Variance.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of great developers at the company. The teammates make it a great place to work. Nice office, good location. Good game room. Increasingly positive outlook. Great opportunities to learn technology and grow skills. A broad range of technologies and skill sets to learn.

Cons

Poor management. Sometimes poor mentoring, training, and career development. Too many management changes. Micro-management problems. Hiring people below average pay (retention/turnover). Recovering from layoffs and losing many senior developers. Old and dirty code bases on some projects.

Advice to Management

Train managers better or hire better; and give them smaller teams so they can be focused and in-tune with team. Hire managers with better technical background and better mentoring/guiding skills. Actively train lead developers on mentoring skills and leadership.

Oct 7, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments. We recognize that there are always improvements to be made and we value this type of feedback. It’s not clear how recently you departed SirsiDynix, but for what it’s ... More

Everyone should work somewhere as awesome as SirsiDynix!

I have been working at SirsiDynix (More than a year)

Pros

It is easy to come to work because of the wonderful people on my team. Many opportunities for growth. Admirable leadership and great atmosphere.

Cons

I wish there wasn't so much training, but I understand the importance.

Advice to Management

Keep giving your employees feedback on their performance.

Oct 7, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback. We are glad you are having a great experience with us!

Good Company

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Company atmosphere, people, awesome customers, internal promotions

Cons

Development is slow. As soon as the new products are out, it will be better. Some of the owner decisions/policies are rather odd and difficult for our type of company. I hear it was worse in the past, but seems to have gotten better.

Advice to Management

The comp plan for sales is pretty confusing and often invites unhealthy competition, rather than constructive competition, between inside and outside sales reps.

Oct 24, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Great comments. It is my hope that you are encouraged at the investment in our development teams since posting your review. With the significant expansion in R&D, we are seeing products that were ... More

7. Great Company

Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people and work environment. Challenging work and great relationships with colleagues make this company great. SiriDynix has a great team.

Cons

Health insurance is slightly high.

Advice to Management

Keep making your employees happy

Oct 24, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review!

8. Was once a good company, then it sold out.

Former Employee - Tech Writer and Software Test Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Tech Writer and Software Test Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

For about 9 years, it was a great company to work for.

Cons

In my ninth year there, the company sold out, and the layoffs commenced. Customers became dissatisfied and the new management micromanaged everybody. In time, the office where I worked laid off all 200+ employees and the office closed entirely.

Advice to Management

I understand that now, where the company still exists in some form that layoffs occur like clockwork. Are you simply hiring people for low pay and then laying them off so that you can hire replacements at low pay? That's the impression I've been given by what I've read. I hope you have stopped micro-managing everything withe the excuse that you are utilizing Agile and scrum techniques.

Fun Ride

Current Employee - Senior Field Sales Consultant in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Field Sales Consultant in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people with a solid product vision. Bright outlook for new employees. Excellent upper management.

Cons

Too many bridges have been burned by mostly former executives. The company needs a solid finished product delivered soon to hush the naysayers. The competition is unfairly staffed with former employees.

Advice to Management

Keep the product vision going to reach the completion of the product. Get the software out to the market, so you won't have to worry about the competitors. Don't step over the rusty coins to pick up the shiny new penny.

7th best midsized company in the US? Really?

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- People you work with are great. Average work/life balance - at best. - Ping pong/pool table/foosball in break room - fairly common for tech company. - Food can be had - for a price - on site. - Hiring a lot of new people, and long standing company (30 years in business)

Cons

- 4 CEOs in the last 4 years. 4 HR managers in the last 4 years. Meddling middle managers. - No career path at all. Overly tedious/ nonsensical "mandatory" trainings. - Insurance package is horrible. Not enough bad thing I can say about the insurance offered here. - Fractured company policies and hierarchy. Vast separation between staff of varying levels. - Ridiculously antiquated code. Refuse to move to newer coding standards. - Never end of life a product.

Advice to Management

- Actually take employee feedback into account - you ask for it. - Create a career path. - Promote "grow from within" mentality. - Stop talking like you are 25 years old, just to say cool.

Mar 27, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments. It’s unfortunate that your experience has been very atypical of most of our employees. As you can see from the plethora of other great reviews, most employees have an ... More

Employee morale is a focal point.

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sirsidynix, since their move to the new office building in Lehi, has taken great strides towards making sure their employees are taken care of with both in-office perks, extraordinary benefits, and through supervisory/subordinate reaching out. For the first time in my career, it really feels like a company really cares about the employee rather than us just being another number on a spreadsheet. Internal staff are friendly, willing to help each other, and the office atmosphere is one of the best around. They have internal competitions like miniature golfing, video game, pool, and table tennis championships. Don't forget the golden golf putter! Sirsidynix is also invested in their products. They are making significant leaps ahead of the competitive technology within the market. They are employing lots of new development staff to work on new and innovating software that will impress the marketplace for years to come.

Cons

Sirsidynix is owned by a private equity firm which could mean higher turnover at times, and due to the nature of private equity, there is also a bit of uncertainty in which the ownership will evolve down the road. Sirsidynix is definitely not in automatic mode right now. There's a lot of new technology so the employees are working hard to keep up with supporting it. There often also can be times where internal communication could be lacking.

Advice to Management

I believe that inter-department communication regarding software and philosophy would greatly help the efficiency of supporting said software.

RSS Feed </> Embed