SirsiDynix

Updated December 4, 2014
4.4

SirsiDynix CEO Bill Davison
Bill Davison

Pros
  • They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable (in 9 reviews)

• Average work/life balance - at best (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, as others have mentioned, you and your spouse must both participate in a wellness program in order for the company to match HSA contributions (in 3 reviews)

• I have been tempted to leave for more money but the amount of money really couldn't compensate for all the extras that you get (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

A place to call home & all homes have their problems

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Likes to hire from within and promote those with potential.
    A lot of effort put into making employees feel welcome and creating a fun atmosphere.

Cons

Working with a small customer base in enterprise software is difficult, the company has a hard time prioritizing development to meet the needs of all customers. The company is trying to make some hard shifts in it's software and it is taking a lot of time and effort to make those a reality, not unexpected just difficult.

Continue to work and make a cohesive product strategy. The company needs to be unified under some common banners and specific goals. BLUE(Best Library User Experience) is great, in which ways should we work towards it today?

Top technology company

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are the best in the industry. Everyone is willing to help each other for the success of our customers and of our company. Upper management is always on top of the latest and greatest technology to provide the best experience for our customers.

Cons

This is a global company so sometimes the hours are unusual. There is so much going on at all times that the work space is sometimes too noisy.

Increase staff in service providing areas.

Family and Friends with the greatest minds and hearts for libraries!

Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company atmosphere is truly a family oriented environment with some of the most intelligent staff in the industry. The emphasis on the library user experience and revenue generating opportunities create a very unique opportunity for libraries who cho0se to partner with SirsiDynix. The leadership team is the best in the industry! I have served the library community my entire career with this company, and this is by far the BEST Executive/Management leadership during my tenure.

Cons

The market is very competitive with so many options and many libraries are faced with choices to provide the best services to their patrons, students, and staff. The negative tactics of other vendors in the industry often create major investments in sub-par software and functionality offerings. SirsiDynix has been the victim of many of these negative tactics as it has sustained over decades as one of the most utilized system in the industry.

Stay the course with Development. Invest in your staff by increasing the staff levels of Development (largest department in the company) and Support to ensure we not only continue to deliver the best software in the industry, but also provide the best support to our partner libraries as we strive to succeed in lieu of the challenges of today and beyond. Focus will be the key and follow thru will be essential.

SirsiDynix allows team members to work hard and play often

Current Employee - Customer Support Management in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Support Management in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible working environment
    Educated and knowledgeable team members in all departments
    Small feel for being a global market leader
    Real effort to provide a fun atmosphere
    Approachable leadership at all levels

Cons

Medical benefits package needs to be stronger

Keep a clear vision forward, but not so far that we forget the products we need to support.

Dec 4, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments!

Great Company!

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix offers great opportunities for advancement, mainly looking for internal candidates first. Great support staff throughout the whole company. SirsiDynix has a lot of long tenured people working for them which shows they are a 1st class company.

Cons

Some decisions are the effect of the venture capitalist firm that owns SirsiDynix which can affect productivity and sales, it would be nice if we had more leeway in this area.

Keep it going, the future looks great!!!

Review

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great customers, great industry

Cons

benefits declining yearly, poor incentives and raises that don't keep up with inflation.

Great Company

Current Employee - Finance in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Finance in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits are just the start. SirsiDynix is all about taking care of the employee and the customer. I work directly with the executive team and their primary concern is keeping customers and making sure employees have the best possible experience. So many activities and opportunities to grow within the company nobody should ever get bored. Great managers who really care about their co-workers.

Cons

It is tough to find anything bad about this company. There are complaints that the salary is below market but the perks make up for it in so many ways and the experience is so good I feel extremely marketable after having worked here for 3 years. I have been tempted to leave for more money but the amount of money really couldn't compensate for all the extras that you get.

Keep up the great work. Keep expanding and maintaining good customer retention policies. I see your efforts and know that this company will continue to grow and have amazing success under your leadership.

Great place to work. Pros definitely outweigh the cons.

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- It's a work hard, play hard environment (get stuff done, play pool/fooseball/xbox)
    - Opportunity to work with lots of new technologies
    - Plenty of opportunities to take charge, if you're willing to work for it
    - Most of management are smart, talented, hardworking folks

Cons

- Tends to hire straight-out-of college, so more senior developers end up training from the ground up
    - There are still quite a few legacy products that either need to be maintained, or need to be considered when writing new code
    - Sometimes the external demands dictate software release dates

Keep doing what you're doing.

Oct 29, 2013Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review, as well as for your hard work and dedication to the development of our products. Our Engineering teams are amazing!

Uhm Yeah

I worked at SirsiDynix

Pros

The co-workers are pretty good at this company.

Cons

The executives care more about spending money on their offices then on their employees. Mass lay offs every week.

treat employees like you want to be treated

Positive- With Exception

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Company has come a long way after being acquired in 2007. Better management dedicated to cleaning up many messes has made it stronger financially and technologically.

Cons

Company spends too much money on "stuff" rather than investing in the employees for the long term. There has been a huge amount of employee turnover over the last few years for two main reasons- opportunity and compensation. The company is a good start for someone coming out of college or someone looking for a fresh start. While they have added a number of new customers, it is also true that they have lost quite a few as well.

Sep 11, 2013Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your ratings and feedback. I see that you are a former employee and I’m unsure when you were last employed with us, but I do want to offer information in response to the statements ... More