SirsiDynix Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Great career opportunities & fantastic place to work

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix has transformed into an exciting place to work over the past several years. The people are super-bright, motivated, and some of the best I've ever worked with. There's lots of opportunity for promotions or switching roles into other departments if you want a new career change. Management cares about you as a person, they have an open door, and they take the time to get to know you and ensure you're happy, learning and are challenged.

Cons

Last year they switched the company HSA contributions and required us to do a wellness program to get the same HSA match but I heard that this may switch back in January which would be great. As well there are only a handful of places to eat near the office but they do provide food in the office and a few new restaurants opened up this year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on delivering a great customer experience and investing in the business. The hiring in development and expansion in Asia, Europe and other markets is helping the company win new business and market share.

SirsiDynix provides a great environment for their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SirsiDynix creates a "work hard, play hard" environment for their employees. They believe in rewarding hard work and making sure their employees want to be at work. Management and the Executive Team are great to work with, they are very involved with the employees and make sure they continue to provide a wonderful working environment.

Cons

So far I have not had a poor experience with any aspect of the company. They are always striving to improve and make sure SirsiDynix stays a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the employees and their needs. It creates a great working environment when management is involved and the employees feel free to talk and make suggestions in the work place.

Family and Friends with the greatest minds and hearts for libraries!

Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company atmosphere is truly a family oriented environment with some of the most intelligent staff in the industry. The emphasis on the library user experience and revenue generating opportunities create a very unique opportunity for libraries who cho0se to partner with SirsiDynix. The leadership team is the best in the industry! I have served the library community my entire career with this company, and this is by far the BEST Executive/Management leadership during my tenure.

Cons

The market is very competitive with so many options and many libraries are faced with choices to provide the best services to their patrons, students, and staff. The negative tactics of other vendors in the industry often create major investments in sub-par software and functionality offerings. SirsiDynix has been the victim of many of these negative tactics as it has sustained over decades as one of the most utilized system in the industry.

Advice to Management

Stay the course with Development. Invest in your staff by increasing the staff levels of Development (largest department in the company) and Support to ensure we not only continue to deliver the best software in the industry, but also provide the best support to our partner libraries as we strive to succeed in lieu of the challenges of today and beyond. Focus will be the key and follow thru will be essential.

5. SirsiDynix allows team members to work hard and play often

Current Employee - Customer Support Management in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Support Management in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible working environment Educated and knowledgeable team members in all departments Small feel for being a global market leader Real effort to provide a fun atmosphere Approachable leadership at all levels

Cons

Medical benefits package needs to be stronger

Advice to Management

Keep a clear vision forward, but not so far that we forget the products we need to support.

SirsiDynix Response

Dec 4, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments!

6. Review

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great customers, great industry

Cons

benefits declining yearly, poor incentives and raises that don't keep up with inflation.

SirsiDynix provides opportunities for employees to learn and grow.

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great People / Great Environment / Great Company I love the people within the company as well as the customers we have the opportunity to work with. We have amazing mentors within our company in our peers, and in leadership positions who have great company/product knowledge and experience. SirsiDynix provides the tools, resources and the opportunities to improve my skills and broaden/expand my professional experiences. I have the opportunity and am empowered to make the most of my job position while helping to build our company. This allows me to feel like I'm contributing to the success and growth of SirsiDynix.

Cons

SirsiDynix is working towards the delivery of many new, very innovative products for our customers. Need to make sure they are delivered in a timely manner, and are well tested before their release. We have made significant strides in rebuilding trust in our customer base, and need to continue this growth through the timely delivery of quality products and services.

Advice to Management

Let's keep moving forward!!! Morale has improved greatly over the last couple of years. Need to keep the trend upward. Delivering quality in products and services is key to continuing our customer relationships, which, in turn, will help us continue to grow into an even better company.

Great Staff, Products and Services

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is staffed with top rate people who truly care about the customers they serve searching daily to add products and services to help libraries serve their patrons.

Cons

Like most companies now, the health care/insurance cost continue to rise as the services decline.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus of the staff that makes the company the best in the market and look for ways to reduce the health care cost on the employees while improving coverage options.

Top technology company

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are the best in the industry. Everyone is willing to help each other for the success of our customers and of our company. Upper management is always on top of the latest and greatest technology to provide the best experience for our customers.

Cons

This is a global company so sometimes the hours are unusual. There is so much going on at all times that the work space is sometimes too noisy.

Advice to Management

Increase staff in service providing areas.

A place to call home & all homes have their problems

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Likes to hire from within and promote those with potential. A lot of effort put into making employees feel welcome and creating a fun atmosphere.

Cons

Working with a small customer base in enterprise software is difficult, the company has a hard time prioritizing development to meet the needs of all customers. The company is trying to make some hard shifts in it's software and it is taking a lot of time and effort to make those a reality, not unexpected just difficult.

Advice to Management

Continue to work and make a cohesive product strategy. The company needs to be unified under some common banners and specific goals. BLUE(Best Library User Experience) is great, in which ways should we work towards it today?

11. Great Company!

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix offers great opportunities for advancement, mainly looking for internal candidates first. Great support staff throughout the whole company. SirsiDynix has a lot of long tenured people working for them which shows they are a 1st class company.

Cons

Some decisions are the effect of the venture capitalist firm that owns SirsiDynix which can affect productivity and sales, it would be nice if we had more leeway in this area.

Advice to Management

Keep it going, the future looks great!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed