Sitecore
www.sitecore.net Mill Valley, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Sitecore Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014
Sitecore – “Sitecore Rocks”

Michael Seifert

Great team, very compassionate, excellent work ethic.

Computer Assistant (Current Employee)
    Mill Valley, CA

ProsGreat pay, and simple tasks. I am updated regularly about my performance, and guided in whichever direction they need me. Quality management make this an excellent place to work.

ConsTime crunch and deadlines. They are a fast paced company with lots of work to be done. They are growing and expect their workers (even the temps) to grow with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing.

12-year-old startup

ProsSome great people, open environment where your voice is heard, smart technologists, great fan base of developers, international travel opportunities

ConsConfusing strategy, change is the only constant, out of touch with market, "we know what's best for our customers" vs. doing the work to build products that solve problems. CMS is a good product but is becoming commoditized. Foray into digital marketing has very limited success. Engineering-led culture feels like the 90's.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed much stronger leadership, CEO stop micro-managing. Ego and arrogance will get in the way of success.

Unprofessional ambiguous hiring process

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros100K salary(is what got me interested), 1 to 2 weeks travel, then 5 to 6 weeks working at home(Hey , what a great job! Is this correct?)Works off .NET Framework if you know .NET this is an easy learn.

ConsThe turnover was so high they are working with a used car salesman-like contractor who promises alot but doesn't deliver on what they want. He said not to focus on things that they wanted you to focus on in the end. Just don't be skeptical or ask questions about salary and you'll go further in the several months long hiring process. Do what they want when they want it regardless of if you even have a license to use Sitecore on your computer. Make it look like it's your fault they forgot to give you something needed for the 6 or 7 assignments they give you during the hiring process.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware when potential hires are told they have to finish a website by a certain date and they've made it known they have no license or even an instruction set wasn't emailed that's necessary for the task at hand. Just be professional and make sure employees have what they need to do the tasks they're asked to perform.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mach2 with your hair on fire

Senior Vice President Product Marketing (Current Employee)
    Mill Valley, CA

ProsFast paced company where innovation and performance is well rewarded.
    Core values include being a cool and fun company
    Great technology and great people

ConsFast growing business means inventing stuff sometimes
    Sitecore is always in a constant state of change
    We work hard (but play harder)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose the fun element
    Keep rewarding the producers and continue to grow and foster talent from within

Regional Sales Manager

ProsThe company has a great product, they continue to invest in the product to stay ahead of the competition. The management is top notch and willing to listen.

ConsThe company is growing rapidly, there is a great amount of change that you have to adapt to.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the employees and the tools that assist with driving sales.

Friendly team, challenging projects

Web Developer (Current Employee)
    Dnipropetrovsk (Ukraine)

ProsVery stable company with flexible rules, nice people, comfortable offices and interesting projects. Really high quality work spaces by Ukrainian standards.

ConsInternational company with great potential, but only several people have priority to go for business trip or conferences abroad.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communications between departments and team wold improve feeling of working in big company.

immature management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosits a startup environment,
    a good place to start your work experience, its a job not a career place

Consyou dont have a succession planing in place
    almost non existent go to market strategy
    poor execution from management
    do not appreciate good people, would rather hire a new guy, than to promote
    some of the heads are just there, but no engagement from them
    you will need a drastic loss to get their attention
    very reactive approach. not strategy poor execution
    not recommended for those who are career driven,. A place to learn what not to do.. and if youre in late 40's a good place lie down..

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up!, your product is no use if you dont have good people to sell it.

A start-up in long trousers.

ProsPleasant office, informal approach to working hours, good work/life balance. A good product that's effectively won the small/medium content management space which in turn feeds an optimistic outlook throughout the office. The darlings of the industry.

ConsWoefully inexperienced senior management. Cliques and petty politics reign supreme. No clear career progression. All the polish seems to be aimed at making things attractive for eventual IPO. Either start your career here or end it otherwise frustrations will surface before too long.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time to grow up.

Forward thinking, young, vibrant, successfull

ProsGreat people to work with, real team spirit, you are encouraged to pursue new ideas, initiative is rewarded, pay and benefits are great, and the product is continuing to make massive leaps forward.

ConsSitecore only really suits a certain type of person. If you're not the right fit you probably won't last long. Is that a con? Probably not

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on what the market wants

Changing the face of digital marketing

London, England (UK)

ProsGreat, dedicated, passionate people wanting to make a real difference

ConsGrowing companies mean that there's always lots of work, and sometimes not enough time to reflect.

Worked for Sitecore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sitecore reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sitecore CEO Michael Seifert. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Sitecore employees.