Sitel

Sitel Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana

Bert Quintana

Pros:
  • "It's work from home which can make it worthwhile initially"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Great benefits, awesome paid training and a great group of coaches and staff are among my favorite things"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Administration is very disorganized and actual call center work is more stressful than it needs to be"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Wondering how you're supposed to produce great customer service and know your stats and whatnot"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Run as Fast as you can

ProsNone, there are many work from home jobs

ConsNo flexibility for WAH, AAA account will work you like a hebrew slave because of under-staffing, Will not honor your set schedule, change your lunch/break w/o you knowing/always mandatory OT with out notification/ don't be off on tues & come back next day ot is there without notification and refuse to abide by the federal labor laws in your state regarding OT. will retaliate by handing out occurences even if you have PTO, No vacation as promise in contract, no room or opportunity for advancement as promise, Once you're in WAH ERS you will not move any farther you theirs! If Sitel is a good place to work I have yet to see it. No value of Agents, no Integrity

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house!

awful

Member Services Representative (Former Employee)
    Oak Ridge, TN

Proslax dress code, can eat at desk, voluntary time off, can talk to friends on down time

Conshorrible management, no one ever knows what is going on, changes never communicated to agents, unfair treatment

Advice to Senior Managementjust leave

Awesome environment, Terible pay

ProsAwesome co-workers and friendly enviroment

Conspeople who deserve raises do NOT get them..Everyone else does instead

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation extremely low

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It should be so much better.

Call Receiver - CR (Former Employee)

ProsWorking from home is great, if you can remain disciplined. My campaign provided work equipment (which failed occasionally, but you can have your PTO put in for their equipment failures - it's about the only time you can use it).

Our campaign was 24/7 so there should have been a variety of shifts available. Benefits are OK and available for full-time agents after 90 days. Bi-weekly pay is decent compared to most work-at-home call receiving jobs, and scheduled raises are great in the beginning.

Paid training.

ConsThere's no one clear answer to most questions despite the "guide" they give you for reference being crystal clear... SMEs (subject matter experts; helpers) will give you different answers to your questions. There is so much confusion all the time whether we should be an advocate for the members/customers or whether we just stick to policy. Get ready to play the blame game -- "This SME told me to do this."

Speaking of SMEs, oh, they're great... Just understand that they are still looking out for themselves first. Don't expect to become one; the ones that are there have been around since the beginning, and the few that are pulled to act as SMEs are told clearly that they are not actually SMEs -- just subbing in. Those "temporary" SMEs are usually horrible, by the way. They give some really bad advice, and several times almost got people fired for those "SMEs" mistakes.

Scheduling is very hit or miss. Shift bids really show you what's important at this company... If you have great AHT and stats, don't assume you're going to be top of the pack. Great quality scores? Doesn't matter. They pick specific things -- average # of calls submitted, absenteeism -- those things totally matter but shouldn't be weighted as high as they are. Missed 2 days one month? Yeah, you're probably 50th or worse, out of 200. 100% quality out of 6 calls? Yeah, well, you missed a day, so someone with an average score of 65 out of 3 calls will be higher ranked than you.

Oh, and on scheduling -- mandatory overtime. Get used to it! At least on my campaign, there was SO much mandatory overtime. It doesn't matter if you have a mandated schedule from a doctor, or if you were approved to not have to work past 3 PM because of personal/family issues... You're almost guaranteed to work normal shifts 15-30 mins past your cut-off time, or 1 hour or more with mandatory overtime. I worked shifts where I had to come in 2 hours early or 1 hour before & after. Part-timers are not immune to extra hours being tacked on but don't get the benefit of overtime pay. Usually you get at least 3 days advance warning on overtime, but sometimes not. Check your schedule carefully.

Supervisors... I was switched teams/supervisors more than 10 times in about a year. I lost count. I couldn't even name them all. Wondering how you're supposed to produce great customer service and know your stats and whatnot? Me, too! I went for 5 months without a single coaching 1-on-1 or team meeting... both of which are EXTREMELY rare. 1 on 1s/team meetings are consistently canceled due to "high call volume" even if you have 15 seconds availability between calls. Don't expect to have much feedback except when they're listening to you without your knowledge (if you have a supervisor that bothers). Also, QA department doesn't send feedback directly to you anymore. It's all a guessing game on how you're doing.

Supervisors always seem too busy to talk. Trying to get supervisors to take an escalated call shouldn't be THIS hard. You've got a chatroom full of them, but only one is there, and this is their response, no matter what you tell them you've tried: "Did you call dispatch? Call dispatch again and see if there's anything they can do. You've done that? Where's the driver? Still 45 minutes out? Did you even TRY to de-escalate? Tell them there's nothing your sup can do. They STILL want to talk to a coach? Do they want to file a complaint or what? Fine. Call me... (Call them) Okay, so what's going on? ... Here, try calling the shop. You've done that? Sigh, fine, transfer him over."

Over all, I'd say think very carefully about your life before you take a job here. If you're willing to put in extra work all the time, give up hours with your family despite them being in the next room, and fight with customers, supervisors, AND SMEs... Go ahead. It's income.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure everyone is on the same page. Stop flip-flopping on your rules. If your supervisors are truly that busy, figure out a way to manage your tasks better/teach them how to manage their workloads so they may interact with their teams. Treat your employees like employees. Give them feedback. Encourage their good behaviors, and MAKE SURE they are doing their jobs correctly and not just creating more work for everyone else.

Great Place to Work

ProsThe Career Opportunities are great and very innovative company

ConsThe wage freeze and the drama in the sites from employees

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

great

Insurance Administrator (Former Employee)
    Norman, OK

ProsI loved the nature of the job.

Consteamleaders were not always hired from call centers and didn't have phone experience

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Sitel

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsBeing new in the city I was glad Sitel hired me easily

ConsPoor pay, no sense of urgency or care about employees.

Rewarding experience as long as you are not focused on pay.

Starkville, MS

ProsOpportunity for growth in order to build a career. Family oriented atmostphere among co-workers that drives teamwork. Schedules determined by level of performance and not tenure. Experience gained. Open communication.

ConsFailure to drive accountability which is a key value. Pay freezes for all employees over 2 years of employment. Stressful work conditions due to needs of the client as a result of poor performance. Limited opportunity growth other than supervisors and trainers.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt isunderstandable that pay freezes began due to financial hardship to prevent layoffs. It would appear that Sitel is in a better place, financially, in which some type of compensation should be provided to employees. Sitel is losing valuable employees that are able to start at another company with better pay. How do you keep employees when they have been making the same pay for years even when the cost of living increases?

Overall, a pretty good company to work for.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    El Paso, TX

Prospay was good, to start out

ConsShort lunch breaks. Change your schedule at the last minute

Management treats employees like family

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Oak Ridge, TN

ProsManagement and coworkers made each other feel wanted, and each "class" ends up being very close, especially in the campaign I worked in

ConsOdd and irregular hours when you start out, but it evens out later on. The work I was doing was very tedious/boring, but I can't say every campaign is like that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your employees happy with the job and atmosphere. Since the job can be tedious and sometimes boring, it's good to have a positive atmosphere and places to destress after a stressful call.

Worked for Sitel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sitel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sitel CEO Bert Quintana. All 312 reviews posted anonymously by Sitel employees.