Sitel

Updated February 15, 2015
1.2

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana
Bert Quintana

Pros
  • I've done the online for the work-at-home assessment - so far, so good (in 21 reviews)

• Learned a lot about customer service and the business (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Administration is very disorganized and actual call center work is more stressful than it needs to be (in 16 reviews)

• You cannot even defend your employees with upper management as they feel everyone is replaceable (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

8 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Management is horrible.

I worked at Sitel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Job is relatively fun. You get paid to talk on the phone and use a computer. Decent break room.

Cons

Management was poorly ran, everyone was told to different things that would lead to complications as you could never do something right with out getting in trouble with someone else. No communication among management.

Know your employees job and work together. Work on balance and communication.

Miserable

Current Employee - Case Manager in Lake City, FL
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Lake City, FL

I have been working at Sitel

Pros

Pay check every 2 weeks at least if youn can call the pittance they pay you that.

Cons

Dirty facilities dirty employees miserable customers miserable staff, ans grueling hours.

pay your employees bette. And get some better benefits

Sucks

Former Employee - Case Manager in Lake City, FL
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Lake City, FL

I worked at Sitel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They pay on time, they offer full time employment and benefits if you can call them that.

Cons

Miserable coworkers and even more miserable are the supervisors. Also place could benefit by implementing mandatory shower and dental program never in my life have I worked with so many people that smelled so bad, or seen so much dental disease. The entire staff smokes heavily which doesn't help any. Also salary is a pittance for what you have to put up with on the phone with customers.

Pay your people more, it is no wonder why you have largely outsourced to third world countries as you don't pay anywhere close to what it really costs to live and no where near what other companies in the same industry do.

Dtv Tech Support

Former Employee - Technical Support in Lake City, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Lake City, FL

I worked at Sitel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I met great people while working there. The pay is good.

Cons

At the Sitel I worked at. Had the lowest pay rate. It has "sick building syndrome". The higher ups want you to keep you mouth shut and your head down. It has been colorfully called, "Si-hell" and is know as this not just in the town it is in but as far as the town that is 45min away. Half of the people that work there are on antidepressants and antianxiety. I was on antidepressants when I worked there and after I left, stopped.

investigate and care for your employees

Sitel its just a job

Current Employee - Tele-operator in Lake City, FL
    Current Employee - Tele-operator in Lake City, FL

I have been working at Sitel full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule they will work with school class.

Cons

They dont get raise no much advancement.

For the most part it was a good company, lots of opportunity to advance if your coming right out of school.

Former Employee - Coach in Lake City, FL
    Former Employee - Coach in Lake City, FL

I worked at Sitel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to grow, great training, client discounts

Cons

Payscale is pretty low for having to deal with sometime upset customers,

Pay your new hires based on experience!

Nice benefits, but could be better. easy work.

Current Employee - Tech Support for Diect TV in Lake City, FL
    Current Employee - Tech Support for Diect TV in Lake City, FL

I have been working at Sitel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice benefits, but could be better. easy work. indoors. easy dress codes. nice atmosphere.

Cons

should be more caring to military. just able to go do training. no benefits for it. not room for advancement because of being gone for training.

Great Pay at a high cost

I worked at Sitel

Pros

Great starting pay and scheduled raises. Pretty good benefits. At the center I was at Directv was our client and all employees got service (all the movie and sport channels included) and one receiver free. If you get a decent coach you get a lot of positive feedback. Not at all physically demanding. They often had overtime shifts you could sign up for that Directv would offer a 3 to 5 dollar and hour stipend on top of your regular time and a half.

Cons

Say goodbye to your social life! You have the same schedule from week to week but you will work a lot of nights and weekends. Almost impossible to get time off at my center. It was easier to just take an occurance. Only the people who had been there several years got day shift and/or weekends off. People were often fired for no or little reason. They have a "holocaust" every year or two where they lay off half their employees and hire new people. They "outlawed" reading at your desk when I was there and that made for a VERY boring and long work day.

Your coach can pretty much make or break your experience. I got an AMAZING coach right out of training who went above and beyond. But he was soon moved to another department and my team went through 4 other coaches that were horrid.

Appreciate your agents! They are the backbone of Sitel and don't get enough positive feedback. Get rid of the coaches who aren't doing what they're supposed to.

Sitel Photos