Sitel

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sitel its just a job

Tele-operator (Current Employee)
Lake City, FL

I have been working at Sitel full-time

ProsFlexible schedule they will work with school class.

ConsThey dont get raise no much advancement.

Sucks

Case Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sitel full-time for more than a year

ProsThey pay on time, they offer full time employment and benefits if you can call them that.

ConsMiserable coworkers and even more miserable are the supervisors. Also place could benefit by implementing mandatory shower and dental program never in my life have I worked with so many people that smelled so bad, or seen so much dental disease. The entire staff smokes heavily which doesn't help any. Also salary is a pittance for what you have to put up with on the phone with customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people more, it is no wonder why you have largely outsourced to third world countries as you don't pay anywhere close to what it really costs to live and no where near what other companies in the same industry do.

Dtv Tech Support

Technical Support (Former Employee)

I worked at Sitel full-time for more than a year

ProsI met great people while working there. The pay is good.

ConsAt the Sitel I worked at. Had the lowest pay rate. It has "sick building syndrome". The higher ups want you to keep you mouth shut and your head down. It has been colorfully called, "Si-hell" and is know as this not just in the town it is in but as far as the town that is 45min away. Half of the people that work there are on antidepressants and antianxiety. I was on antidepressants when I worked there and after I left, stopped.

Advice to Senior Managementinvestigate and care for your employees

For the most part it was a good company, lots of opportunity to advance if your coming right out of school.

Coach (Former Employee)

I worked at Sitel full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOpportunity to grow, great training, client discounts

ConsPayscale is pretty low for having to deal with sometime upset customers,

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your new hires based on experience!

Nice benefits, but could be better. easy work.

Tech Support for Diect TV (Current Employee)
Lake City, FL

I have been working at Sitel full-time for less than a year

ProsNice benefits, but could be better. easy work. indoors. easy dress codes. nice atmosphere.

Consshould be more caring to military. just able to go do training. no benefits for it. not room for advancement because of being gone for training.

Advice to Senior Managementshould be more caring to military. just able to go do training. no benefits for it. not room for advancement because of being gone for training.

Great Pay at a high cost

Technical Support Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at Sitel

ProsGreat starting pay and scheduled raises. Pretty good benefits. At the center I was at Directv was our client and all employees got service (all the movie and sport channels included) and one receiver free. If you get a decent coach you get a lot of positive feedback. Not at all physically demanding. They often had overtime shifts you could sign up for that Directv would offer a 3 to 5 dollar and hour stipend on top of your regular time and a half.

ConsSay goodbye to your social life! You have the same schedule from week to week but you will work a lot of nights and weekends. Almost impossible to get time off at my center. It was easier to just take an occurance. Only the people who had been there several years got day shift and/or weekends off. People were often fired for no or little reason. They have a "holocaust" every year or two where they lay off half their employees and hire new people. They "outlawed" reading at your desk when I was there and that made for a VERY boring and long work day.

Your coach can pretty much make or break your experience. I got an AMAZING coach right out of training who went above and beyond. But he was soon moved to another department and my team went through 4 other coaches that were horrid.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your agents! They are the backbone of Sitel and don't get enough positive feedback. Get rid of the coaches who aren't doing what they're supposed to.

Worked for Sitel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sitel reviews and ratings in Lake City, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sitel CEO Bert Quintana. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Sitel employees.