Sitel Reviews

Reset
3.4
Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana
Bert Quintana

Pros
  • Great options for work at home positions (in 21 reviews)

• Learned a lot as a manager, that's a good "school" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Administration is very disorganized and actual call center work is more stressful than it needs to be (in 16 reviews)

• You cannot even defend your employees with upper management as they feel everyone is replaceable (in 7 reviews)

1. TSR

Current Employee - TSR in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - TSR in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Teammates Company is not that strict

Cons

No INCREASE too much work

Advice to Management

Make sure to explain to the agent why is there no inc in their salaries

2. Great experience!

Former Employee - Technical Support in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training and workplace is awesome

Cons

Compensation is a bit low.

3. A Dream Turned Nightmare

Current Employee - Operations Team in Baguio, Baguio (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Operations Team in Baguio, Baguio (Philippines)

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was with Sitel for more than 5 years- they really offered equal opportunity for career advancement and great health/hmo benefits

Cons

My dream turned to a nightmare when the management changed. One by one, the people who trained me transferred out to other companies--they were the best. The reason was the company was not paying enough for the quality of work given to them.

Advice to Management

If this trend continuous wherein you fail to retain your best people who have been with you for years, and continue to harbor people who are selfish and greedy-- your company will decline....soon.

SITEL UNMASKED! (The darkside of SITEL)

Former Employee - Customer Service in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very great medical benefits. Dependents are covered. Free medicines & vitamins are covered as well for dependents.

Cons

A lot of corrupt Operation Managers! Agents are being transferred to another account or department even they passed their metrics. A lot of failing agents are retained. No clear SOP on who's to let go.

Advice to Management

Value your agents because they are the frontliners of your company. Have a clear rule on who's to let go and retain. DO YOU THINK IT'S FAIR TO RETAIN FAILED AGENTS AND LET GO THE PERFORMERS! I think it's better if you would let go the stupid & corrupt officials. They are located in Pioneer1 in 15th & 16th flr in the Philippines. These people are RUBISH and must be CAST out from the company!

6. One Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Quezon City, Quezon City (Philippines)

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they have the best medical assistance coverage from the primary card holder to the dependents with no monthly deductions

Cons

None I can think of.

7. equal opportunity is not being implemented whereas its more of who you know and not what you know

Former Employee - Facilities Supervisor in Baguio, Baguio (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Facilities Supervisor in Baguio, Baguio (Philippines)

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

if you're waiting for a more stable job, Sitel is the work temporarily

Cons

Training Bond being deducted which is not fair

Advice to Management

Equal opportunity and listen to the plight of the Agents

Sitel

Current Employee - Coach in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Coach in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people I have worked with have kept me staying in the company. An advantage with Sitel is that when one's account closes they will exert effort to transfer you to another suitable account without affecting your tenure.

Cons

Being internally promoted is disadvantageous - they hire externally at a higher rate and does not align causing imbalance and therefore dissatisfied employees. They compensate better to lure you to join the company but does not exert much effort in keeping you within the company. They offer leaves but for agents to use them they offer limited slots to avail them and therefore are unable to use them properly since they do not compensate or convert them anymore. Internal promotions are hardly compensated - their basic remains the same for 10-11 months while their workload is already that of the position they are heading to.

Advice to Management

Use the quarterly satisfaction survey as a means to know the pulse of your people not as a means to gauge if people in lower management can control the noise due to dissatisfaction.

9. Really unforgetable

Former Employee - Tier II Mobile Dealer Support in Pasig City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Tier II Mobile Dealer Support in Pasig City (Philippines)

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All benefits and best practices are there

Cons

you can find unpredictable people

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

10. Uninspired, over-confident management with little regard for its people

Former Employee - Supervisor in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive benefits, fun people, ability to manage your work on your own terms

Cons

Low salary, top heavy organization, subtantial and relevant training/perks are limited to directors and up (or the people closest to the management), very petty and cliquey HR team, inexperienced leaders.

Advice to Management

I know you try, but I know you really don't care. I was with Sitel Philippines for over 6 years and I have seen better days with you but the current top management really needs to connect with its employees. Instead of empowering your discouraged staff, you hire more "top" people to whip our backs. You boast your Harvard training but it is really for a few people. You have too many VPs, too many Directors, and too many HR managers. How are you able to pay their salaries? Oh right, through the performance and hard work of the little people. You should have given the supervisors and staff more knowledge through learning and training. When morale is down, you cannot buy it through parties. We can overlook the crappy salary, but we really hate how you pretend to be a benevolent employer. You gave us peanuts, and let's call a spade a spade. You are not generous. You pretend to be many things, but not a great (or even OK) employer. Your HR team is a mess. You can paint crap gold, but it is still crap.

11. exciting

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Baguio, Baguio (Philippines)

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

salary on time, I am being paid according to the hours that I worked including overtime and other holiday pays..

Cons

Salary is not competitive as other call centers. And the health benefits, like maxicare is not as beneficial as before.

Advice to Management

Salary should be competitive...Many agents leave the company because of salary, I am here for almost 4 years already yet my salary still the same..Many take Sitel as their training ground before going to another call center companies...

RSS Feed </> Embed