Sitel Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
2.6

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana
Bert Quintana

Pros
  • It's work from home which can make it worthwhile initially (in 17 reviews)

• Learned a lot about customer service and the business (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This call center is the absolute definition of micro-management (in 14 reviews)

• 9/hr for a customer service position; the same job with another company could earn you (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Norman, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norman, OK

I worked at Sitel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Talking to new people, co-workers, experience

Cons

Pay could be better, have to deal with upset people

None

Wonderful Place to work

Current Employee - Reservation Sales Agent  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Reservation Sales Agent in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Sitel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stress free environment, Target Management, Training effective, good co-workers

Cons

Avaya phone keep having issues

Better equipment

So far, so good!

Current Employee - Home Based Call Center Representative
    Current Employee - Home Based Call Center Representative

I have been working at Sitel part-time

Pros

I haven't started work yet, but I wanted to say the hiring process was quick and smooth. Everything is done through e-mail, and so far i have not had to pay any fees. Also, the shifts are all in one block of time, no split shifts.

Cons

So far I have not found any negatives to speak of.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible company

Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Sitel part-time for less than a year

Pros

working from home is the only pro with this company.

Cons

The level of communication is awful here. When I requested a shift change to have Sundays off, they changed my schedule for one week and after that, it went back to the same schedule as before. I was constantly pressured to work overtime hours from coaches even though I clearly made it known that I could not work additional hours because I was in school. They go back on their word and say one thing, but do something else. THE PAY METHOD IS HORRIBLE!!!!! I set up direct deposit from day one and had nothing but issues in receiving my pay. During my training, several of us had to receive pay cards because our pay was so behind and I am still waiting on my two paychecks to this day!!!!

VALUE your employees!!! We are the ones that are doing the work and want to feel appreciated. Also, communication needs to be standard across the board and not mixed messages. The pay issue needs to be rectified right away!!!!!

Disorganized, constantly changing rules, schedules, and management.

Former Employee - Tech Support Agent  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Tech Support Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sitel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Comfy at home position. Great start for at-home work. They provide most of the equipment you need for free.

Cons

Low starting pay for experienced workers, fluctuating schedule, ever changing rules, equipment/program failure.

Raises are only .25 cents IF you qualify, starting pay is a joke, especially if you're coming in with experience, favoritism is shown to employees (who are "cool" with Supes or Coaches) who are doing even less than you are in the form of kudos and perks, training and company protocol is not uniform-one minute you're given one set of rules to do things, the next you're being written up for doing EXACTLY what they told you to do. Apparently, management can't agree on anything and this confusion trickles down to their employees. You're supposed to have a set schedule that changes every 3 months, but don't get used to that-you will soon realize that they change the schedule whenever they please-sometimes every week to 2 weeks, when they realize they scheduled incorrectly based on metrics.

MAJOR advice to Management: Being that we're hired BECAUSE we're great at customer service, training should be more campaign-oriented instead of customer service oriented. That would get rid of some of the monotony of training, and more importantly, not throw your agents like a deer in headlights with little to no real training on the campaign at hand and leave us sounding like dunces on the phone.

Not as good as it looks

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Sitel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working from home is great, save on gas, and being in the comfort of my home

Cons

Not very good communication between employees/mentors/supervisors/trainers, feels like the idea is "quantity over quality", misleading information was provided during training (ex: holiday hours/pay, sick days, pay increases, paid time off, etc..), often treated as nothing more than a number, "promotions" given that pile on the responsibilities and do not include more pay. It also bothers me that part time employees are kept at a 39.5 hour week basis, strategically placing them outside the benefit qualifying zone. If employees were truly valued they would be decent human beings about it.

Small things, such as providing employees with access to basic needs, such as health insurance, and proper sick leave, can really boost moral and dedication. Turnover rates would probably not be so high if employees felt valued and cared for properly. It almost feels as if these conditions are provided in hopes that temporary, fleeting employment is had.

Too Much For Too Little...

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Sitel full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are able to move up fast, but the increase in wages isn't much to sneeze at and with the responsibility gained through moving up you also receive double the drama upper management throws at you. If you stay with the company for 5 years minimum, they will give some privilege and increased wages as well.

Cons

The amount of work you put in does not give a high payoff. To add to the menial paycheck, you have to deal with degrading remarks from your operations managers who act like the work load is some sort of cakewalk. Way too much negativity and it leaves one feeling emotionally drained after work. It was a pain in the butt resigning. I had to go to the HR office multiple times regarding a lack of professionalism and harrassment from my immediate supervisor, and when I resigned I had to double check THREE times that I was doing everything right to ensure my accrued PTO (paid time off) would be paid out as stated in the employee handbook. Even after being reassured and being given a different answer each time, I still did not get it and had to make at least 3 more phone calls. It was too much work for something I rightfully earned. A very disheartening experience overall.

Take your time training; you will retain more agents and not be throwing away good money after bad.
    The office structure should be one of support not only for entry levels and those lower on the totem pole, but for your fellow managers and supervisors. Nothing productive will result if your staff members are all turned against each other due to dishonesty from their higher ups and favoritism.
    Practice what you preach in training to the agents and invest time and care into them just as they are to do so with the clients' customers.

I have enjoyed working here all these years

Current Employee - Technical Support  in  Starkville, MS
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Starkville, MS

I have been working at Sitel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They always try to promote from within. Get a lot of benefits with lots of companies. Normally they promote someone in at least 6 months or less.

Cons

Favoritism, no matter how they try to stop it, someone always ends up showing less qualified people more opportunities or give them more chances.

You are already doing a great job, the only way to limit the con would be to have someone constantly visit or to have an inside person keeping an eye on things

My experience at Sitel was amazing.

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor  in  San Angelo, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in San Angelo, TX

I have been working at Sitel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employers are very easy to work for. Everyone is very easy going, understanding, and the open door policy is actively used. The coaching and training are excellent. They do everything possible to ensure that you know how to do your job and how to do it to the best of your ability.

Cons

The only challenges that I came across was the pay. They definitely need to increase the past rates, and the incentives.

Increase pay for the employees, and make sure incentives are applied.

battered Customer Service rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sitel full-time for more than a year

Pros

easy work, nice people , very understanding

Cons

young crowd , YOU ARE TREATED LIKE A KID

work on exclueding colored hair and excessive body piercings

Worked for Sitel? Contribute to the Community!