Sitel

Updated March 3, 2015
2.4

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana
Bert Quintana

Pros
  • I've done the online for the work-at-home assessment - so far, so good (in 21 reviews)

• Learned a lot about customer service and the business (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Administration is very disorganized and actual call center work is more stressful than it needs to be (in 16 reviews)

• You cannot even defend your employees with upper management as they feel everyone is replaceable (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

I loved working for this company!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hamilton, AL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hamilton, AL

I worked at Sitel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Co workers, Great coaches

Cons

Management is lacking or acts like they are better than you

I enjoyed the opportunity to learn and grow.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Sitel

Pros

The hiring process was smooth. The trainer was very kind. I enjoyed the opportunity to help my customers with their problems. I found that part of the work to be a rewarding challenge. I also was happy to be able to work from home, because I live in a small town and employment opportunities are few and far between unless you are working in fast food, even with a degree.

Cons

Where do I start with the cons? I have very strong views about work-ethics as well as how an effective leader should act. That being said, I believe it is ridiculous to not allow an employee to make a reasonable request for a specific day off (in this case for a doctors appointment that has been set months in advance), or to punish an individual for calling off work when legitimately sick (had doctors statements and was never asked for them or told how to send them in). Additionally, I also feel very strongly that it is unacceptable for agents to not be logged in when scheduled for a shift unless there is a reason which they have made known to a supervisor. Finally, food-delivery is not an incentive. Pizza parties are for grown-ups not children.

The particular campaign for which I worked was for a major retail establishment yet we were provided with both hardware and software that was not reliable for the type of work we were doing. It is not acceptable to have to reboot one's system while trying to make small-talk with a customer to pass the time. The most grievous complaint that I have towards this particular employer is the misguided focus on pushing surveys off on customers. If you focus, instead on insuring that agents are properly trained and able to provide the services to the customers that are necessary and pertinent to the particular situation then not only would you get plenty of positive feedback from the customers, the client would see it as well. Stressing something like offering the VOC survey, especially when the customer has already said NO once is bordering on harassment. One last bit of advice, leaders inspire those whom they lead to put their all into it because they are engaged. This is not accomplished by micromanagement. This is accomplished by knowing and understanding that a leader is their to be not just a leader but a servant to those whom they serve. Consistent, effective communication, in both positive and negative matters, ensuring that hard work is recognized, and ensuring that there is a clearly defined chain of command for call escalation make things much more efficient. Last but not least, integrity is a two-way street. When an agent is hired for a particular shift, for instance opening shift and then switched to nights without warning, explanation, or at least an apology, the agent is probably going to be upset and feel that they are not valued by their employer. We are not chattel. We are people who have lives outside of work. We have children, families, obligations to community service organizations, etc. Without us, you don't have a company.

Great place to begin a career

I have been working at Sitel

Pros

I was able to work through the ranks from representative, to team manager, to operations manager. Wonderful people to work with.

Cons

Depending on the client may have to work overnight and on holidays so not much opportunity to be with family. Need more communication

I was new in town and needed a job asap.I appreciated that they hired me on so quickly.

I worked at Sitel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work is very repetitive and thus easy to catch on

Cons

The work is very repetitive and thus you me become easily bored

Fun campaigns, pay is fair however noticeably lower than other call centers

I worked at Sitel

Pros

Opportunities to advance are ever present.

Cons

LVII (annex building) is not run anywhere as near as professionally as LVI

Enforce all rules across the board

technical support representative

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Sitel (more than 5 years)

Pros

GREAT co-workers
    Overtime is offered regularly

Cons

new HSA insurance is a rip off
    lazy supervisors who pass their responsibilities off on other people as well as pass their representatives responsibilities off on tech support
    salary
    vacation time (not enough for this stressful environment)
    no sick days
    old attendance policy was awful; would still get an occurrence with a doctor's excuse
    unprofessional and rude mgmt

Learn how to talk to people
    Provide our feedback and issues to the client
    Address supervisors who refuse to take sup calls

They only care about the metrics

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Asheville, NC

I worked at Sitel

Pros

Extensive paid training
    easy to get hired
    great cowoRkers

Cons

Terrible pay
    Management plays favorites
    only care about metrics
    find any reason to not give you a raise

Care about the service you provide
    Reward loyal employees

Kinda thrown in there not expecting anything.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oak Ridge, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at Sitel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is okay. Regular shift bids. Plenty of rewards and prizes.

Cons

Not enough training. Terrible coaching experiences. Sharing cubicles. Not sanitary at all. Very crowded. Hires pretty much anyone. You are literally thrown in with limited knowledge as to what you are doing.

Move up better coaches and mentors. It is ridiculous how rude and mean they are.

It's a job

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Sitel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Training and development
    Opportunity for advancement
    Great place to learn the business

Cons

Pay freeze
    Deceptive work practices
    Revolving door leadership
    Inconsistent policies

Pay your people what they're worth

Worse experience

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sitel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good working hours
    Good to have different benefits in different campaigns

Cons

Worst HR services.
    Screws you over after you quit

Never work at Sitel. Their HR services is bunch of jokes. They dont listen to you. I had quit on December 30, 2014 due to moving away due to family problems in my household. i was living in las vegas and i had problems with family so i left vegas with my daughter to go back to kauai. I called my coach and explained to him that i had to quit due to some problems with my daughter's grandmother on my side of the family. I had quit for a good cause because i had to sneak out with my daughter in the early morning and my parents had called CPS on me and i know it was them because i left without saying anything to them at all. Reason why i had left was that that household is full of emotional and physical abuse i tried to leave December 26th after christmas but my family kept my daughter hostage from me and wouldnt give her back. they tried to kick me out only but wouldnt give me my daughter. I was accused by my family for hitting my baby on the backside and leaving a bruise on her. As soon as i got to kauai i made a doctors appointment for my daughter to get the confirmation of a Mongolian spot on her backside which was true that she did have a mongolian spot on her backside area. I closed the case with cps on nevada's side because my parents made a false accusation against me. I tried to tell sitel that i needed to have verification that i quit for a good cause but they said you need a form to get and that the only documents they will give you is certificate of employment and verification of employment. They are not worth your time.

Sitel Photos