Sitel

Sitel Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana

Bert Quintana

Pros:
  • "i work from home so less stress then going into the office"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Work at Home Opportunities, great co-workers, a good coach"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "This call center is the absolute definition of micro-management"
    in 12 reviews
  • "An emphasis is definitely placed on sales performance, sometimes at the expense of customer service"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Wonderful experience of disciplined work

Technical Support (Current Employee)
Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Sitel full-time for less than a year

ProsSitel has a Stress free environment. Target management is very effective and even the work is pleasant.
Benefits for each and every factor are available. So even though the base salary is less , based on the employee's performance , a much higher salary is paid

ConsDid not notice any cons. Only thing I was concerned was the transport . It takes a lot of time to arrange transport after the workshift , which is a bit irritating

Social media agent/ CSP – Nokia project

CSP (Former Employee)
Sofia (Bulgaria)

I worked at Sitel full-time for less than a year

ProsThe staff at Sitel was ok.

ConsI realized that i must create my own company but still i need more experiances

Advice to Senior Managementpay attention to your workers. Do not speak with them like thier your clients.

Great Experience

I have been working at Sitel

ProsPeople, Environment, Team, Values, Support

ConsNothing to mention up to now

Great company

WFM (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Sitel full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFun work environment, development role, career role, procedures already established, motivation. Management can develop you very well for getting a position to continue growing. I like the environment, the way people treat you.

Consnot everyone get same opportunity, limited opportunities, no incentives within some departments

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivation and incentives in equal reason. Company values are getting stronger.

Good Company

I have been working at Sitel

ProsSolid track record, great company interaction with sourcers, diversity in the workplace, easy to get hired, convenient locations nationwide, great benefits

ConsHigh turnover rate, not very flexible with employees, very easy to get fired, some offices are great big high school/middle schools (in mentality that is), not family friendly

Advice to Senior ManagementSeveral of your employees are really dedicated to you. Do something nice for them!

Not even good for a1st job

Team Manager/Coach (Former Employee)
Ocala, FL

I worked at Sitel full-time for more than a year

ProsThere aren't any, besides meeting some good people.

ConsEverything!! I mean literally across different sites even, this is the worst company you could ever want to work for. I was low level management and I take pride in standing up for the people who worked under me. This company does nothing but crap on employees constantly and try to take as much money out of your pocket as they can. You cannot even defend your employees with upper management as they feel everyone is replaceable. They say that they do everything the same across every site, but that's a lie and is completely up to the site manager. Pay is nothing better than working at Mcdonalds, I was a team lead of up to 40(was only supposed to be a ratio of 18-1) and made less than $30k

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some pride and stock into your employees. Listen to your management staff, you pay them to know what's going on at all times. And when a valid complaint comes through, please actually listen.

It should be so much better.

Call Receiver - CR (Former Employee)

I worked at Sitel full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking from home is great, if you can remain disciplined. My campaign provided work equipment (which failed occasionally, but you can have your PTO put in for their equipment failures - it's about the only time you can use it).

Our campaign was 24/7 so there should have been a variety of shifts available. Benefits are OK and available for full-time agents after 90 days. Bi-weekly pay is decent compared to most work-at-home call receiving jobs, and scheduled raises are great in the beginning.

Paid training.

ConsThere's no one clear answer to most questions despite the "guide" they give you for reference being crystal clear... SMEs (subject matter experts; helpers) will give you different answers to your questions. There is so much confusion all the time whether we should be an advocate for the members/customers or whether we just stick to policy. Get ready to play the blame game -- "This SME told me to do this."

Speaking of SMEs, oh, they're great... Just understand that they are still looking out for themselves first. Don't expect to become one; the ones that are there have been around since the beginning, and the few that are pulled to act as SMEs are told clearly that they are not actually SMEs -- just subbing in. Those "temporary" SMEs are usually horrible, by the way. They give some really bad advice, and several times almost got people fired for those "SMEs" mistakes.

Scheduling is very hit or miss. Shift bids really show you what's important at this company... If you have great AHT and stats, don't assume you're going to be top of the pack. Great quality scores? Doesn't matter. They pick specific things -- average # of calls submitted, absenteeism -- those things totally matter but shouldn't be weighted as high as they are. Missed 2 days one month? Yeah, you're probably 50th or worse, out of 200. 100% quality out of 6 calls? Yeah, well, you missed a day, so someone with an average score of 65 out of 3 calls will be higher ranked than you.

Oh, and on scheduling -- mandatory overtime. Get used to it! At least on my campaign, there was SO much mandatory overtime. It doesn't matter if you have a mandated schedule from a doctor, or if you were approved to not have to work past 3 PM because of personal/family issues... You're almost guaranteed to work normal shifts 15-30 mins past your cut-off time, or 1 hour or more with mandatory overtime. I worked shifts where I had to come in 2 hours early or 1 hour before & after. Part-timers are not immune to extra hours being tacked on but don't get the benefit of overtime pay. Usually you get at least 3 days advance warning on overtime, but sometimes not. Check your schedule carefully.

Supervisors... I was switched teams/supervisors more than 10 times in about a year. I lost count. I couldn't even name them all. Wondering how you're supposed to produce great customer service and know your stats and whatnot? Me, too! I went for 5 months without a single coaching 1-on-1 or team meeting... both of which are EXTREMELY rare. 1 on 1s/team meetings are consistently canceled due to "high call volume" even if you have 15 seconds availability between calls. Don't expect to have much feedback except when they're listening to you without your knowledge (if you have a supervisor that bothers). Also, QA department doesn't send feedback directly to you anymore. It's all a guessing game on how you're doing.

Supervisors always seem too busy to talk. Trying to get supervisors to take an escalated call shouldn't be THIS hard. You've got a chatroom full of them, but only one is there, and this is their response, no matter what you tell them you've tried: "Did you call dispatch? Call dispatch again and see if there's anything they can do. You've done that? Where's the driver? Still 45 minutes out? Did you even TRY to de-escalate? Tell them there's nothing your sup can do. They STILL want to talk to a coach? Do they want to file a complaint or what? Fine. Call me... (Call them) Okay, so what's going on? ... Here, try calling the shop. You've done that? Sigh, fine, transfer him over."

Over all, I'd say think very carefully about your life before you take a job here. If you're willing to put in extra work all the time, give up hours with your family despite them being in the next room, and fight with customers, supervisors, AND SMEs... Go ahead. It's income.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure everyone is on the same page. Stop flip-flopping on your rules. If your supervisors are truly that busy, figure out a way to manage your tasks better/teach them how to manage their workloads so they may interact with their teams. Treat your employees like employees. Give them feedback. Encourage their good behaviors, and MAKE SURE they are doing their jobs correctly and not just creating more work for everyone else.

Full of lies

Comcast Agent (Former Employee)
Garza García (Mexico)

I worked at Sitel full-time for less than a year

ProsThere is no pros // I thought that this was a serious company

ConsEverything, since they tell you that your availability will be always respected, and then that the training would be full paid, then they fired you because they don't require you to work in the morning, and tell you that only 60% is going to be paid because you last less than 3 months, after that they promise you another opportunity for people who wants to work in the morning, then going to the job interview and finding out that what they told you was a whole lie.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease check how are the things done in SITEL San Pedro

Good and bad experience

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Starkville, MS

I worked at Sitel for more than 5 years

ProsEnjoyed talking to many different individuals from around the country, benefits

Conscompensation, if you were promoted you are stuck doing all the work with little pay, lack of training, no perks, some feel that having a job is a good enough perk for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide incentive to promote increased work ethic and output. Show appreciation to not only supervisors but to agents, as well.

It's a job

I have been working at Sitel full-time for more than 10 years

Prosmy work "family", you spend so much time with these people they truly do become some of your closest friends.

Conspay, we haven't had raises in several years. wages were raised across the board last year as the starting wage was increased but several employees who had been there for many years were told they didn't get one because they were capped out for their positions wages. Yet the cost of living in our area has almost doubled.

Advice to Senior Managementremember who is doing your dirty work, don't boast that the parent company has made a profit when we can't pay our rent

Worked for Sitel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sitel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sitel CEO Bert Quintana. All 262 reviews posted anonymously by Sitel employees.