Sitel Reviews

Reset

1. WAH was a horrible experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

Pros

Paid good training for the job that I accepted in offer. The are no pro really and I am only filling this section out because of the 20 word minimum

Cons

1. Bait and switch between job offer and pay and what you are actually doing and being paid. I was hired for sales and expected to meet a sales quota, but with the project I was on sales and customer service/retention were combined. So basically double the work for less pay that what actual brick and mortar call center employees make for less work. 2. Bonuses are impossible to get and it seemed like the some agents were getting strictly sales calls as it was always the same employees getting instant bonuses like gift cards and the bigger ones from sales. Moreover, if you made a few sales you could lose it all in one phone call by someone calling in to downgrade, which were the majority of calls. 3. No support for new employees with difficult calls involving intricate situations not trained for. 4. Team leader assigned did not come up from the ranks but was hired as such. Did not speak with her the entire time I was there. 5. Expectations that you do work off the clock for which you will not be paid. 6. They will not pay bonuses earned if you quit. 7. Most of HR is located in a foreign country and are incompetent. Which I changed direct deposit they cancelled my existing DD before the new one was set up forcing me to have to wait almost a week to get a paper check in the mail.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management. You know what you are doing that is wrong, especially with WAH program. I do have advice for the owners. Hire competent managers, bring HR for Americans back to America.

Better than NO JOB yet if you ever had a decent job you will HATE IT!!!!

Current Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to apply, got hired right away **Work At Home*** Paid "Training" Benefits Good Initial Schedule Provides Headset Operating System Keyboard and Microphone.

Cons

Tedious On Boarding Process (running around trying to get papers notarized that no one will notarize.) Training was horrible, you listen to someone talk via online meeting and fill in blanks on your emailed workbook, spent 120.00 USD for ink to print everything. Unorganized training with constant disruptions. Asked to handle to much for low pay. After training you are literally thrown in taking calls even if you or the entire class doesn't get it. At the end you can't even transfer directly to a supervisor they have to call the customer back. Anything other than your system blowing up is unpaid you get two breaks and a very short lunch. Outsourced from bigger companies so you get paid less than others that work for your same company but for less. PowerPoints should be available for agents at anytime except when updated for their reference. Schedule subject to change at annytime.

Advice to Management

Please set it up where it is easy to get everything to the company to get started. Training is horrid. Materials should be sent to the agent. There should be Interactive walk throughs so that you are able to practice every screen and every step. Agents should have to pass those interactive tests so that your company is assured the knowledge is actually absorbed. A entire class class should not feel like they are drowning when taking calls even if support is given you can't expect agents to sell anything if they can't help the client with their initial inquiry. $9.9.00 an hour is robbery for similar jobs this position should pay at least $13.00. Too much micromanagement. I'm taking days off to interview elsewhere..

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ocala, FL

I worked at Sitel (More than a year)

Pros

Sitel will train you for a campaign to work as a customer service representative. The job is full-time, and you have the opportunity to work overtime.

Cons

Sitel has a high rate of burnout. The job can be stressful, speaking to angry customers for eight hours a day.

5. Okay on certain days

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with okay pay and great training flexible schedules nice atmosphere to work in good food form carts

Cons

Not to many cons besides management some times gets involved in the drama that's going on around the center which just makes its worst

6. seeking an interesting fun and skill set environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake City, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake City, FL

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

rewards for sales, great friendly customers

Cons

disputes about other customer poor service.

7. Horrible

Former Employee - Universal Agent in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Universal Agent in Reno, NV

I worked at Sitel (More than a year)

Pros

Shady leadership who devise terrible feedback

Cons

Favoritism, lies, terrible pay, toxic work environment

Advice to Management

Leopard can't change its spots. Keep being you.

8. Sitel is a horrible place to work they don't appreciate anything employees do that mess u up on the money. Don't recon

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Asheville, NC

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very few of the people are kind to work with

Cons

It's not worth it expect to be incriminate and them not pay u 4 it or appreciate u 4 u SITEL IS A JOKE NOT A JOB

Advice to Management

Asheville Sitel there is so much that goes on at that place management even knows about still let's it go on. I worked there and my pills were stolen when they packed my things up. Drug use by management is done there slave driver if u can avoid it not a good place to work.

9. Great Company

Pros

Fun training Nice Pay Awesome People

Cons

Sometimes coachs are too busy to assist you.

Advice to Management

Fix the Applications

10. Great Place!!!

I worked at Sitel part-time

Pros

Steady work and intense training

Cons

Low pay, long training and sometimes hours are cut.

Work@Home

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

It's nice to work from home in your pj's, no commute time, gas, dry cleaning, eating out. The job itself is fairly easy & we are empowered to making things right without having to ask for permission.

Cons

I get "cabin fever", the pay is low, not a lot of work/life balance. You don't get paid for things that's aren't even your fault like system issues. You rely on chat rooms for help when you need it, but most of the time you just have to do your best & make a judgement call. Sometimes you're right & sometimes you get coached.

Advice to Management

Higher pay would be a great start! Again, know that we rely in chat rooms & IM for support & a lot of times we are searching for information, waiting for help & spending less time helping the customer. So more support would be great!

RSS Feed </> Embed