Sitel Reviews

Updated October 21, 2014
2.5

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana
Bert Quintana

Pros
  • There are no good reasons to work from home with Sitel (in 19 reviews)

• Learned a lot about customer service and the business (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Administration is very disorganized and actual call center work is more stressful than it needs to be (in 16 reviews)

• 9/hr for a customer service position; the same job with another company could earn you (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great so far!

I have been working at Sitel part-time

Pros

Your an actual employee that works from home, and not an Independent contractor.

Cons

Pay is a little low

Up the pay for WAH Agents

Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sitel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work Environment, Co-Workers, Supervisors, Training

Cons

low pay, benefits, upper management, no advancement

Listen to your employees and take the recommendations into consideration

Not bad for a single person who is willing to work hours

Former Employee - Call Center Representative International Care in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative International Care in Ocala, FL

I worked at Sitel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fair company, diverse, fast paced, and plenty of OT sometimes forced. Its a great company for single people who dont mind phone work and are willing to work a lot of hours. Decent training. Will hire ANYONE im pretty sure if you dress up a Chimpanzee they will give it a job.

Cons

Lots of hours to the point if grueling. Even training is 3 weeks long 10.5 hours a day with 40 strangers sharing computers to train in a cramped room fights actually break out. You dont get to pick your schedule they assign you what days and times you work. To be honest i have seen better CSRs at McDonald's because with diversity comes people who have to project what ever image they have from outside of work to the work environment. They cram 40 people into a small training room for 10.5 hours a day and make people share computers impossible to learn...They hire anyone and everyone to the point of desperation.

Hire better quality people and you will have less turnover. My interview was literally two questions.

My First Full Time Job

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sitel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like the overtime. I really need it and it is there for me much of the time. Sometimes there are incentives to earn time off if you work overtime. Not having to spend money on gas is really nice. It has helped hone my communication-skills and work under pressure. Customer service isn't really that hard when you actually know the material. I can live on my wages as a single person in an apartment, and there are periodic raises, so that's nice. I haven't made any attempts to move up, but they haven't been hiring for management for my campaign yet.

The managers listen to you, answer questions is as a timely manner as they can, and generally improve things that need to be improved, although a bit slowly. They are always bombarded with stuff and sometimes you have to remind/ask them twice, but as long as you really show you care you will earn favor with them. Being proactive in your learning, and creative with the tools you are given and seeing how far you can bend the rules for the customer with the manager's approval will show that you care, and earn you favor. With enough planning, you can travel to other states for stays and bring your equipment with you and do the job from there as long as you still work your shift.

Sometimes the steps and procedures don't make ANY sense. but generally the management is very receptive to changing procedures that don't make any sense, or providing solutions for them in other creative ways.

Cons

There is a TON of stuff that you have to learn and you are always updating and refreshing your knowledge. This can be a real challenge. The official information-sources aren't updated as much as they should be and you have to be a sleuth sometimes to really dig and find information from a multitude of sources, ask a lot of questions and synthesize them into a comprehensible package for the person on the other end. I feel like there is a lot of wasted energy just finding the answer to a simple, albeit obscure question. There is a lot of red tape to execute some functions that shouldn't need it, but are abused by those who don't know what they are doing.

They don't give much time off - I would rather start off with a certain amount of time off banked per quarter/year or something but I guess this is the trade off with the amount of overtime and the stability of the job.

The technology can be slow, which can cut in to handle time.

Start scheduling group-refresher sessions for agents outside of training, and/or perhaps a weekly meeting to clarify policies and procedures, and answer questions that might have come up during the week.

Educate agents as to the WHY behind policies and procedures so that the agents can answer the more piercing questions customers ask. I think that once people understand the why, they will be more apt to remember and execute the "how." Just my two cents.

Good People

I have been working at Sitel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are dedicated and hard working. They support each other to provide the best for the customers they service daily. Teamwork is strong and supportive.

Cons

Pay for Performance does not exist. Hard working people are not recognized or fairly rewarded for their contributions. As with any large company, communication needs to be improved

it was a awesome company, hate they closed

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Sitel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome overtime and standard health benefits. .,,

Cons

Holiday and early morning high call volumes

Try to keep a positive attitude with your team members

Over worked, under paid

Former Employee - Credit Union Representative in Norman, OK
    Former Employee - Credit Union Representative in Norman, OK

I worked at Sitel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training staff was great. Casual dress code. Friendly co-workers.

Cons

Only $9 an hour. Team leaders lacked knowledge and skill, with some of them having no call center experience before being hired as a team leader. The upper management is very disengaged and doesn't seem to have a clue as to what's going on. The work stations are old Dell computers and even older chairs. There were no ergonomic capabilities of your desk for comfort. Most of the time, your days off are split up.

Try a bonus structure of some sort. Give your employees incentive to want to do a better job. Pay more than $9 an hour!

Lied to repeatedly

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Angelo, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Angelo, TX

I worked at Sitel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Set schedules, decent starting pay, room to move up if you wanted it and were willing to put in the effort. Lots of overtime opportunities for those that needed it.

Cons

Management would repeatedly start various bonus programs or incentives then change or cancel them in order to not pay what was promised. Any questions were met with canned responses.

Dishonest Hiring Practices

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Corning, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Corning, NY

I worked at Sitel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a paycheck, sort of.

Cons

Applied for a full time position, was offerred and accepted full time. Halfway through training our entire class was informed we wuld only be part time. Had to put in a special request to go fulltime after putting in overtime for at least 2 months. Informed at time of hire that pay would increase to $10.00/hour after 90 days, in actuallity pay increase was only 25 cents to $8.75/hour. Guess lieing to job candidates is the only way this company can find people to abuse and treat like cattle.

Take some ethics classes, and have all managers and supervisors learn some ethics.

OK

I have been working at Sitel

Pros

Laid Back thats pretty much it

Cons

Bosses think to much of them selves

Clean up

Sitel Photos

Friendly n Good Work place.
Outside