Sitel UK Reviews

Updated October 13, 2014
2.3

Bert Quintana

Opportunity to grow

Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I worked at Sitel UK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people and good doing-together-feel. Some big well-known clients. Good opportunities for personal growth. This company is a fantastic stepping stone for anyone ambitious with right mindset wanting to progress - there are a lot of promotion opportunities from entry level onward like training, team management etc.

Cons

Lots of paperwork and stiff global processes. Pay is limited and and does not grow enough with your experience. Many move on after they have learned enough and get hired elsewhere.

Keep rewarding skill and achievements to keep the valuable people on board!

Alright at first but getting worse

Current Employee - Call Centre Agent in Exeter, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Call Centre Agent in Exeter, England (UK)

I have been working at Sitel UK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with my friends, getting paid, city centre location, paid the bills, some advancement options.

Cons

I've been here six months. There were 15 people in my training group, 10 of them have left. Favouritism is beginning to creep in at my location and campaign. I applied to work on the back office functions only to have my application mysteriously vanish, and moreover another girl who most considered to be worse at the job compared to me was asked to apply had no interview and was given it straight away... Pay is comically low for the work we do. 70 calls a day plus 20 emails minimum. If you fail to do 20 emails your priority goes up and you get more calls and you're expected to do those 20 emails as well meaning you have no option but to let your AHT suffer and cherry pick both which affect service level and also result in management shouting at you and then increasing your priority again and routing emails to you automatically. Furthermore ageing systems make the job even harder and as a result customers are ruder than they used to be. We lost 20 agents on my floor in 3 weeks once as it got so bad. Oh and you can guess the work makes you stressed take too much time off and you will be out of a job. On the plus side many local bosses are aware of this company and are sympathetic and don't mind the fact you got fired for being ill as I know so many people who've not suffered for getting fired.

The parallels with amazons warehouses are there do you want Sitel to be the next scandal?

I only did this because I needed the money

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

I worked at Sitel UK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

they hire almost everyone, no experience? no problem! the interview and "tests" are easy as well. the tests you can complete during your training are going to be rewritten until you make it (even if that includes your trainer turning your back at you while you have your notes open). two 15-mins break which are paid. if you speak any other language than English, the pay rate is quite fair (for me it was around £9.50/h). great opportunity to get started in London. usually flexible with your shifts if a colleague wants to swap with you.

Cons

can't leave your desk if it's busy because there's too many calls. have to pay for things like coffee or tea. time limits and pushing you into them. every call gets recorded, your team leader listens to most of them and rates you. always being hovered over like you're back in kindergarden. your statistics are out for everyone to see.

I don't even know where to start, everything is wrong with this company.

It was an amazing experience

I have been working at Sitel UK part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at SITEL taught me how to give top-notch customer service. The training adequately prepared me for the job. I worked in a friendly environment and the managers were always there to clarify any issues I had.

Cons

Some of the customers were rude and very impatient. The work space was a little small for the number of people that worked there at the time.

An online video service run by a well known tax avoider

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

I have been working at Sitel UK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only real pro to the job were some of the people who worked on the phones with you. Many were quite two faced, tactless and clumsy but there were some small numbers of decent colleagues.

Cons

Unfortunately I couldn't give this employer zero stars or even half a star which is what really reflects this bottom end employer. Mostly drunk senior staff often sexually harassed female members, made open racial slurs and physically assaulted male members of staff with bribes paid to not report such instances.

Senior management are the problem so advice is pointless.

Welcome to kindergarten

I worked at Sitel UK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are the reason why so e are still there

Cons

Be treated like a kid. No phone pay for this not allowed a minute extra on the floor

Tragic

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

I worked at Sitel UK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Beats the dole, but not by much. A pro is that you can feed yourself and just about pay your rent by being there.

Cons

Run by people who are clueless to what competency and efficiency is. Will regularly not publish work rota schedules until a day or two in advance. Given the opening hours are 7 days a week, between 8am and midnight, this is a significant intrusion on the personal life of all staff. Top management is so self serving that everyone working there feels violated and exploited all the time.

By promoting those that are mainly unable to find better jobs elsewhere you'll continue to have a reputation for incompetency.

Very friendly staff

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor

I have been working at Sitel UK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good range of staff ages. All staff seem to have a good sense of humour. Managers approachable, very friendly and always happy to help

Cons

Can have long periods between calls. Yes, you do get demanding people, but don't all businesses these days ? Low pay, but paid weekly in arrears when almost all companies pay monthly

My managers appreciate what you do, and do thank you.

Sorry so many other writing reviews had poor experiences.

Poor experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

I have been working at Sitel UK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

you get to meet great people from many different cultures, warm environment amongst colleagues.

Cons

The management does not do much to make you feel appreciated. All that matter is their service level. the advancement opportunities are very limited, not much to help development of associates

A company that only looks at its revenue and not its staff

Current Employee - Global Account Management
    Current Employee - Global Account Management

I have been working at Sitel UK full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people that work at Sitel are good, but you have to be careful about backstabbing. The clients that you work for make working at Sitel good.

Cons

Management only looks at the revenue and not its people. Its vision, People, Passion, Vision is definitely NOT followed.
    Whilst the profits are there, everything is great, once a client leaves, you are treated as dirt.

Respect your staff, be human towards them.