Sitel UK

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bert Quintana

Very friendly staff

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsGood range of staff ages. All staff seem to have a good sense of humour. Managers approachable, very friendly and always happy to help

ConsCan have long periods between calls. Yes, you do get demanding people, but don't all businesses these days ? Low pay, but paid weekly in arrears when almost all companies pay monthly

Advice to Senior ManagementMy managers appreciate what you do, and do thank you.

Sorry so many other writing reviews had poor experiences.

Welcome to kindergarten

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are the reason why so e are still there

ConsBe treated like a kid. No phone pay for this not allowed a minute extra on the floor

Worked for a well known tax avoider.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

ProsYou're in an outsourcing call centre...

ConsSenior management works by bullying their staff either directly or indirectly.
    One example of many: in the local watering hole a junior agent spoke to a senior member of staff to say that they believed the senior member of staff wasn't treating his girlfriend well. The senior member of staff punched the junior member in the face. Then, in order to stop them from reporting it, they gave them £50 cash and a company paid day off.
    Many people are easily exploited and used at this employer without a conscience.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management are the problem so advice is pointless.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor experience

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

Prosyou get to meet great people from many different cultures, warm environment amongst colleagues.

ConsThe management does not do much to make you feel appreciated. All that matter is their service level. the advancement opportunities are very limited, not much to help development of associates

A company that only looks at its revenue and not its staff

Global Account Management (Current Employee)

ProsThe people that work at Sitel are good, but you have to be careful about backstabbing. The clients that you work for make working at Sitel good.

ConsManagement only looks at the revenue and not its people. Its vision, People, Passion, Vision is definitely NOT followed.
    Whilst the profits are there, everything is great, once a client leaves, you are treated as dirt.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your staff, be human towards them.

dead-end job, no organisation, robot-like work

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosmanagement relaxed, fix working hours, could make arrangements around my working hours

Conslong list of "can't do" during working hours - feels like back in kindergarten, definitely underpaid, they hire the most stupid people, no pay rises, no benefits or incentives, if you don't come to work, you won't be paid - for whatever reason

Advice to Senior Managementget some good people in HR and management!

Nice atmosphere, great people

Back-office Agent (Current Employee) Exeter, England (UK)

ProsThe employees are nice. There is open communication and sharing of ideas. It is very easy to seek a second opinion or find help.

ConsThe company's compensation system could be much better. The company does not do much to retain talent and experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

The epitome of soul crushing customer service hell

Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) Exeter, England (UK)

ProsIt seems very easy to get a job at Sitel, so it's handy for those in desperate need of work. Some good people in there, though if they've been there much over a month expect them to be in a state that puts you in mind of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

ConsThe work is totally dispiriting and uninspiring, and despite their long-winded training you won't have a clue what you're doing because they don't know either. As best I could make out, the idea is to help provide an impenetrable edifice of red tape and incompetence with the general aim of keeping warranty payouts to a bare minimum.

The location I worked at required staff to log-in to and out of around 3 different systems almost simultaneously, including the phone, every time you arrive at or leave your desk. Get it wrong, lose pay. So you work hard to get it right, thus wasting precious minutes of your brutally short and infrequent breaks.

Every expense is spared. Want a coffee? Buy the swill from the machine. Want to eat? Buy junk food from the machine. Want to enjoy a game of pool in the exciting games room? That'll cost you too.

Predictably, everyone hates their jobs, especially the managers, and so morale is almost comedically low. The word "almost" is important here. Expect to deal with snide, mean spirited supervisors who revel in their power treat you with no respect whatsoever.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a tip from Undercover Boss and experience your company the way the hoi polloi do.

good exp gained

Linux Trannier (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Proseasy type job if ur a tech strong sales was difficult

Consnight shifts were bad grave yard shift

Advice to Senior Managementgood no comments

The Management Team is far better than any other company.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Pasig City (Philippines)

ProsI joined Sitel because they offer benefits that would suit my needs.

ConsAs of now, I am still on the adjustment period for night shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do consider the attitude of the mentors especially when they are assigned for the training.

Worked for Sitel UK? Contribute to the Community!