Siteworx Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Ken Quaglio

A challenging and rewarding environment

I have been working at Siteworx full-time

Pros

I've been working at Siteworx with the design team for a number of years and can honestly say that my time here has given me some of the most rewarding experiences of my career. Pros: Talented and dedicated colleagues. These folks care about quality work. They care about their clients. They care about their team. Some of the people I've worked with here are seriously AMAZING at what they do. Top tier clients. You will work with large companies, brands and organizations that reach many, many people. Opportunities for professional growth. At Siteworx, I've been able to grow into new roles and introduce new ways of doing things. When you have a good idea, or take initiative, people at Siteworx tend to listen. Down to earth company culture. This is not a pretentious agency environment. I'd say it's a little on the nerdy side, and I like that. Coolness is great, but it's not the most valued commodity around here. Skill, ingenuity and positivity are where it's at.

Cons

Siteworx is still undergoing transition, and that is not for everybody. I think we've found our path and have a very bright future, but not everyone wants to work in an environment of flux and change.

Advice to Management

Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling... But seriously—above all, continue to be transparent in your management of the company and support your employees' well being. A digital agency is only as good as its people.

Feb 27, 2015

Thank you for sharing your employment experience. As a tenured member of our team, we appreciate your perspective and recognition of your team’s passion! It’s great to read about the impact that ... More

Completely Awful Experience

I worked at Siteworx

Pros

Siteworx got a one-star review (may also be viewed as a Glassdoor.com con: zero star reviews are not an option.)

Cons

I wouldn't trust the positive reviews on here. This was the worst place I've ever worked, and the only place I've ever been let go from. After I was let go, I kept track on how the position I was in evolved - and it very much seemed like a "churn 'em and burn 'em" - and fire 'em - mentality. It's been a few years, so it's possible things have changed, but I'd be VERY CAUTIOUS about applying here if you'd like to have a job and keep it.

Jun 1, 2015

Thank you for acknowledging that your opinion of Siteworx is based on your experience of several years ago. We encourage those looking to evaluate the Siteworx of today against more current reviews.

The future is what you make it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Siteworx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked here for nearly 2 years, I've found that the company is willing to change, where necessary. Recognizing the need might be slower in coming than some envision, but recognition does happen. The future potential for the company is what we make it to be. Are we willing to learn? Are we willing to help bring the company forward into new venues and technologies? Are we willing to grow ourselves? Answers to these questions will greatly enhance where the future takes us, both as a company and as an employee. Current push is for the one way of doing everything, the Siteworx way. What I find in observing the changes is that this company resembles the recognition of the need for change and the willingness to take the effort to cause that change, no matter how hard it is to accomplish. It reminds me of another company I worked for a number of years ago that was considered a dying company, not once, not twice, but at least half a dozen times. It's not dead, and neither is Siteworx. Recognizing the niche markets we fit into as well as what we need to do to ensure future success will take time and will come to fruition. I'm willing to be a part of that change here and anyone coming here would be well advised that their efforts will be appreciated . . . and rewarded. Nothing that is worth having is easy; the same can be said of where we work. What is worth having will take work. Siteworx is ready.

Cons

Need to hire more folks to ensure no employee starts down the path of burn-out. Don't want to lose people who are valued, assuring the best talent is retained. The differing directions of the various offices needs to be reined in - company should push for one way, not many

Advice to Management

Keep on pushing the Siteworx way

Jan 30, 2015

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your Siteworx employment experience over the last 2 years. Your insights recognize the strong commitment of our staff. Each of us has an opportunity to take ... More

Very good agency with huge potential

Current Employee - Engagement Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Engagement Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Siteworx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent management team with the experience and vision to make this a great company. Some incredibly sharp people. Deep technical skills and experience. A genuine passion for serving clients.

Cons

Some growth pains along the road, which are expected when a company grows and evolves. Market perception that Siteworx is purely a system integrator, a dev shop; however I think that's a dated view of the company that has invested in talented Creative and increasing strategy, analytics, and eCommerce capabilities.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Keep focus on exceptional delivery for our clients. Take care of your best people. Model off other successful agencies but dare to be different.

Feb 11, 2015

Thank you for your feedback and for recognizing Siteworx’ passion for solving our clients’ problems but more importantly helping them to achieve unmatched results. We are all working collectively to ... More

6. Cool place to work with a fun atmosphere

I worked at Siteworx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My time at Siteworx was enjoyable. The work environemnt was very casual. Work life balance seemed to be very imporatant to the company as a whole.

Cons

There also seemed to be a lack of loyalty coming from upper management. During my time with Siteworx there were layoffs for what seemed to be no reason.

Great place to learn and to share ideas.

I have been working at Siteworx

Pros

The office, the people, the culture, the range of technologies

Cons

Salary and bonus structure could improve

Jan 30, 2015

Thank you for sharing that our workplace is a great place to learn and encourages sharing ideas. This reflects the environment we are creating as part of our Siteworx way! We are working hard to give ... More

You go to work at a company for the opportunities to grow, you stay because of the people.

I have been working at Siteworx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Siteworx has been in business for 12 years and has gone through many business cycles. In 2013 a private equity firm did an equity investment in the company because they saw tremendous growth opportunities. Shortly thereafter, Siteworx had some business setbacks. The company tried to expand too quickly and outran its capabilities. Unfortunately, this resulted in some layoffs. By the spring of 2014 morale was low and business was well off plan. In June the company made a commitment to restore the confidence of the investors and the employees. A number of leadership changes were made at that time and there was a renewed commitment to not just grow but to rapidly become a strong national brand focused on providing clients with digital consulting and implementation. The company developed a growth strategy and the same time worked hard to rebuild market momentum for the 2nd half of 2014. Most importantly there was a tangible and honest commitment to the employees. That commitment was demonstrated through transparency, communications, honesty about the past, renewed values and a direct connection to leaders. The company is committed to providing highly competitive total compensation. And if you're in services, you know that what attracts the best talent is the projects peoples get to work on. Siteworx has an amazing list of clients which continues to expand. The company serves all industries and works across a wide variety of engagement types. The people at Siteworx are smart and they are fun. They take the work they do really seriously. The buzz on the floor is pretty cool. They seem to genuinely enjoy being together. If you come here you will work hard. But so will the person next to you. And then you'll have a beer together. It's good to work with talented, fun people that take pride in what they do.

Cons

While the future is exciting, the company is still maturing. Many of the processes aren't as developed as they need to be and the rapid growth can compound this challenge. The company knows it has to move faster in those areas to support growth. if you're looking for a company that has everything figured out and operates like a fine tuned machine, that's not Siteworx. There is much to be done still. However, it seems that the company is aware of the gaps and has plans to address them.

Advice to Management

The recent benefits improvements were very much welcomed. The new atmosphere at HQ is amazing. There needs to be more emphasis on career development so that all employees understand what it means to them personally to stay at Siteworx. The atmosphere is really casual and that's good.

No Training, Had agreed upon bonus written in job offer and revoked 8 weeks after start date

I worked at Siteworx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job. Having one is often helpful.

Cons

If you like creating PowerPoint presentations and sitting on GoToMeeting calls all day, you have found your new home. However, if you like to get stuff done and help clients efficiently and take on new challenges, you may want to consider a different company. Worked with staff who were often senior in position and title to me, and often knew less about the subject matter than I did. Watch out for spying on your home network and the possibility of being remotely monitored via your laptop if you take home a laptop from this company. Health care benefits (Cigna) were the worst I've ever experienced.

Advice to Management

Would be nice if there were cross departmental coordination so Siteworx's right had knew what the left hand was doing. Very disorganized and disjointed sales team often waited until 1 minute before presenting to client to finish presentations. Staff reductions led to overworked and burnt out employees, while at the same time, management reduced pay, benefits and incentives for those who remained.

Jan 28, 2015

Siteworx respects our employees’ privacy. We have never and will never invade it. Our culture is based on our values which includes respect for the individual, and accountability for client results ... More

Amazing growth potential and a great group of people

I have been working at Siteworx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company's new President and COO, Ken Quaglio, is an absolutely fantastic leader. He is a constant source of inspiration and positivity and is leading the company in the right direction. I get to work with a dedicated, intelligent and kind team that knows how to work hard and have a good laugh along the way. The office environment is relaxed and fairly casual, which is a great perk.

Cons

The company is in a period of transition, becoming a better, stronger and more directed Siteworx, which guarantees a few hiccups along the way - but they will all be worth it in the end.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek input from all functional teams and work to break down any remaining stale structures hindering Siteworx' growth.

The New Siteworx.

I have been working at Siteworx full-time

Pros

I've been working at this company for about two and a half years, and I've seen a lot during my time here. As you would expect with any digital agency, there have been ups and there have been downs. In May of this year, the company went through a pretty rough time. But in June Siteworx brought in new leadership and as a result, I can honestly say that everything changed -- for the better. Our new President and COO has brought new life to the company, and it has filtered down through executive leadership and management. I don't think I could say enough about the type of person and leader Ken Quaglio is. He walks around, talks to you... gets to know you as a person. His energy radiates throughout the entire company. Employees are excited and motivated by the momentum we've gained in the past few months under his leadership. The overall culture has been revamped and it's a refreshing change of pace. There is great opportunity to grow and expand your skills here if you work hard and show results. I was hired as an intern right out of college and after three months was hired full-time. A year and a half later, I was promoted. Working for a digital agency such as this pushes you to do your best. I've learned a lot here, more than I ever expected. I know that if/when I walk out of here, I'm going to be that much farther along in my career. Some other quick notes: - There are great training opportunities available, but you have to take advantage of them! - Easy access to C-level and VP-level executives. If you ever need something, you can just walk into their office and chat. - The corporate office is right next to the metro, providing easy access into Washington, D.C.

Cons

As mentioned before, Siteworx has gone through a lot of change and the picture hasn't always been pretty. It's a growing company, and as such you can expect growing pains. It's also a tough industry to work in (not everyone is in the market to buy a website)! The work here is fast-paced and you have to be able to switch gears quickly and efficiently. If you're looking for a place where you can clock in and clock out, this is not the place for you.

RSS Feed </> Embed