Situs

Updated November 28, 2014
Updated November 28, 2014
2.6

D. Keith Johnson

Pros
  • Some can really learn a lot if you position yourself around the right individuals (in 3 reviews)

• Work closely with senior management (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • We will simply continue to collect our senior management quotes of the week or month (in 8 reviews)

• No comp time offered despite expectation of long nights and weekends (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

21 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

A Growing, Vibrant Company

Current Employee - Commercial Real Estate Analyst - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Commercial Real Estate Analyst - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs full-time (less than a year)

Pros

From what I have seen at Situs, they are a company intent on being a leader in their industry. The company has been very profitable the past 2 years and has made a few strategic acquisitions to expand the business. They offer in-house training in the areas of professional education and self-development. I see a lot of similarities in this area with the Big 4 accounting firm where I previously worked. I have read the previous reviews and don't see the management dysfunction noted by some. In fact, the management works very interactively in setting up other internal groups with client leads. Management incentivizes marketing professionals to bring work to internal groups outside of their immediate specialties. I agree with others that the benefits are excellent. The compensation rewards high performers, so I can see where low performers might be frustrated with a merit based pay structure. If you are willing to work hard and advance your professional skills, Situs is a good place to work.

Cons

Management is extremely busy as they are continually focused on bringing in new business and meeting client deadlines. This is an area where management needs to be proactive, though I do see efforts to initiate dialogue. I find management is willing to spend time if I initiate the conversation.

Continue to grow the business, but don't lose sight of your employee's contributions.

Hasn't been called The Situs Companies for a over 2 years now, new ownership. Called Situs now.

Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

New owner is mortgage legend Lewis Ranieri. Old owners where disconnected and irrelevant, no wonder poor reviews. Company has expanded aggressively in US and Europe over past two years and is market leader in outsourced due diligence and retained risk loan servicing and asset management. Client list represents top banks and private equity firms globally. Situs is a good place for those looking for career exposer and an opportunity to learn.

Cons

Poor reputation of prior owners have been challenge for company recruiting in Houston. Company has 11 offices in US and Europe.....culture is progressive, educational and supportive. wish there was a direct program for equity ownership by employees, although deferred comp plan put in place in '12 is a big step in the right direction.

Toot your own horn a little more. You guys survived the greatest market downturn in modern history, and came back stronger than you were before. good job, glad to be part of the team!

Hard work, great learning opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent company to learn a great deal of information.

Your work and effort is noticed and rewarded with more responsibility.

Cons

This company has gone through numerous layoffs in the past couple years. Some deserving some not. The pay is low considering the work load you are expected to handle.

To attract top applicants, you must pay a premium.

The change is huge - and all for the good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Situs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Generous Bonus payments
    Good salary
    Benefit package upgraded is now the best
    11 public holidays
    Above average vacations
    Great opportunities to transfer internally (domestic and international)
    Moving to new offices at the beginning of the Fall.

Cons

Hard work and occasional long hours.
    Sometimes, supervisors get so wrapped up in their own work they dont take the time to mentor junior staff.

With the growth of Situs and the change in management we have seen a very pleasant change. Please keep it going.

Turning in a better direction

I have been working at Situs full-time

Pros

recent system upgrade is far improved than previous
    management is more stable and communicates better than in the past

Cons

rightsizing some groups is sad to watch

more improvements needed

Excellent place to gain lots of experience in a very short time

I have been working at Situs

Pros

Training
    Ability to make a difference

Cons

If you are not a self motivated, self directed individual - you may not get the most out of the experience.

Great place to gain fast experience

Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs

Pros

Tremendous exposure to all aspects of the Real Estate Market. Small company doing Really Big things. Smart Management with a firm grasp on the industry.

Cons

Pay and promotions seem to be based on politics. Working weekends are expected. Weak IT decisions may have seriously crippled the company.

Good job on growing the company. To keep growing you may want to upgrade to a enterprise level system and give higher compensation than your competitors.

Neutral

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The business is not too bad.

Cons

The business is not very exciting.

Improving in the right direction, just taking awhile.

I have been working at Situs full-time

Pros

Situs has a good culture, values and giving back to others. You can also gain much experience and knowledge from working here. The atmosphere is generally nice to be around.

Cons

This company has a hard time retaining employees. In certain departments, Management tends to forget about lower level employees. There is also an unspoken bitterness with some of the employees who have been with Situs before it started changing.

Learn how to through with what you've promised. For example, year end bonuses, moving our company location, etc.

Excellent training, poor leadership.

I have been working at Situs

Pros

Working with an outdated system helped me learn the ropes quickly. Skills I learned at Situs will only help me in the long run.

Cons

Management routinely lies to staff and expects them to believe what is being told, when staff can easily deduct the real truth. Management fails to realize this is a small and niche market, one phone call to another firm and you gain the "real" truth. Layoffs are so routine no one is surprised or shocked at this point. Only the few that survive are part of a select clique, and they are no longer immune to the exit door.

Be honest and stop lying, you are only making a bad name for yourself. You know who you are, so please take what is being said on this site seriously. Situs was once a well respected company, now they are the date that no one wants to take to prom.