Situs

Be The First To
Add Photos

D. Keith Johnson

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Hasn't been called The Situs Companies for a over 2 years now, new ownership. Called Situs now.

Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at Situs full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNew owner is mortgage legend Lewis Ranieri. Old owners where disconnected and irrelevant, no wonder poor reviews. Company has expanded aggressively in US and Europe over past two years and is market leader in outsourced due diligence and retained risk loan servicing and asset management. Client list represents top banks and private equity firms globally. Situs is a good place for those looking for career exposer and an opportunity to learn.

ConsPoor reputation of prior owners have been challenge for company recruiting in Houston. Company has 11 offices in US and Europe.....culture is progressive, educational and supportive. wish there was a direct program for equity ownership by employees, although deferred comp plan put in place in '12 is a big step in the right direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementToot your own horn a little more. You guys survived the greatest market downturn in modern history, and came back stronger than you were before. good job, glad to be part of the team!

Hard work, great learning opportunity

I have been working at Situs full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExcellent company to learn a great deal of information.

Your work and effort is noticed and rewarded with more responsibility.

ConsThis company has gone through numerous layoffs in the past couple years. Some deserving some not. The pay is low considering the work load you are expected to handle.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo attract top applicants, you must pay a premium.

The change is huge - and all for the good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Situs full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGenerous Bonus payments
Good salary
Benefit package upgraded is now the best
11 public holidays
Above average vacations
Great opportunities to transfer internally (domestic and international)
Moving to new offices at the beginning of the Fall.

ConsHard work and occasional long hours.
Sometimes, supervisors get so wrapped up in their own work they dont take the time to mentor junior staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the growth of Situs and the change in management we have seen a very pleasant change. Please keep it going.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Turning in a better direction

I have been working at Situs full-time

Prosrecent system upgrade is far improved than previous
management is more stable and communicates better than in the past

Consrightsizing some groups is sad to watch

Advice to Senior Managementmore improvements needed

Excellent place to gain lots of experience in a very short time

ProsTraining
Ability to make a difference

ConsIf you are not a self motivated, self directed individual - you may not get the most out of the experience.

Great place to gain fast experience

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Situs

ProsTremendous exposure to all aspects of the Real Estate Market. Small company doing Really Big things. Smart Management with a firm grasp on the industry.

ConsPay and promotions seem to be based on politics. Working weekends are expected. Weak IT decisions may have seriously crippled the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job on growing the company. To keep growing you may want to upgrade to a enterprise level system and give higher compensation than your competitors.

Improving in the right direction, just taking awhile.

I have been working at Situs full-time

ProsSitus has a good culture, values and giving back to others. You can also gain much experience and knowledge from working here. The atmosphere is generally nice to be around.

ConsThis company has a hard time retaining employees. In certain departments, Management tends to forget about lower level employees. There is also an unspoken bitterness with some of the employees who have been with Situs before it started changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to through with what you've promised. For example, year end bonuses, moving our company location, etc.

Excellent training, poor leadership.

I have been working at Situs

ProsWorking with an outdated system helped me learn the ropes quickly. Skills I learned at Situs will only help me in the long run.

ConsManagement routinely lies to staff and expects them to believe what is being told, when staff can easily deduct the real truth. Management fails to realize this is a small and niche market, one phone call to another firm and you gain the "real" truth. Layoffs are so routine no one is surprised or shocked at this point. Only the few that survive are part of a select clique, and they are no longer immune to the exit door.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest and stop lying, you are only making a bad name for yourself. You know who you are, so please take what is being said on this site seriously. Situs was once a well respected company, now they are the date that no one wants to take to prom.

good work experience, could share the wealth a bit better with employees

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Situs full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood way to learn the RE industry; exposure to lots of different facets of the industry. good # of vacation days even for new employees. potential to improve with new ownership.

Conscompensation is not great, management (some, not all) blatantly lies to your face and actually thinks they are pulling a fast one on employees. since compensation is not great can attract some below average co workers and you will be expected to help carry their workload, even if they are higher paid/position but worse workers.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your employees better compensation wise else will not be able to attract and retain top quality employees. keep moving in the right direction.

Don't Work Here Unless You Cannot Work Anywhere Else

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs full-time for more than a year

ProsNone, none, more none, and then again more no pros

ConsThis company is so disorganized and so bent on hiring people with little to no experience so they can pay as little as possible. If their clients knew how their work was being handled, they would be appalled and would certainly move their business to a much more reputable and well known servicing company. Upper management is so unprofessional and emotional that they fire people that are smarter then themselves so they do not look bad. This company is a joke and will be bust very soon. Don't waste your time or effort in working here as you will truly regret that you left another job the day you walk in the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all current upper management or you will see this company in the list of failed companies soon.

Worked for Situs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Situs reviews and ratings in Houston, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Situs CEO D. Keith Johnson. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Situs employees.