Situs Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Steve Powel

Pros
  • Some can really learn a lot if you position yourself around the right individuals (in 3 reviews)

• I agree with others that the benefits are excellent (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • We will simply continue to collect our senior management quotes of the week or month (in 8 reviews)

• Senior management at the Director level is unprofessional and unethical (in 3 reviews)

1. Situs!

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Situs

Pros

The benefits are excellent, there is opportunity for quick growth, great team members, and they do try to take care of their employees although sometimes they do fall short.

Cons

Work life balance is pretty bad, they want you to devote all your time to the job and their expectations seem unrealistic at times. When I left they still had not figured out what their culture was though they tried hard to create one.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees, try to listen to your people they are extremely smart and have a lot of great ideas for the company and its culture.

2. Vice President

Current Employee - Texas in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Texas in Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs full-time

Pros

Good experience, knowledgeable upper management, a lot of vacation time (if you can actually take it), good health insurance

Cons

Too much work and salary not commensurate with the hours, no respect from clients, no work life balance

3. Neutral

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The business is not too bad.

Cons

The business is not very exciting.

A sinking ship. Do not get on.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Situs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The review below did give me a nice laugh because it is obvious that it was not written by an employee.

Cons

The company is in the process of outsourcing many positions to Robbins, North Carolina including that of a Managing Director position. You will only make it in this company if you are part of the in-crowd. You are brought in significantly below market and you will be lucky to get a 2% increase after one year.

Advice to Management

Situs managements needs to spend less time posting positive reviews on Glassdoor like the one below, and instead focus on retaining their employees.

A Growing, Vibrant Company

Current Employee - Commercial Real Estate Analyst - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Commercial Real Estate Analyst - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From what I have seen at Situs, they are a company intent on being a leader in their industry. The company has been very profitable the past 2 years and has made a few strategic acquisitions to expand the business. They offer in-house training in the areas of professional education and self-development. I see a lot of similarities in this area with the Big 4 accounting firm where I previously worked. I have read the previous reviews and don't see the management dysfunction noted by some. In fact, the management works very interactively in setting up other internal groups with client leads. Management incentivizes marketing professionals to bring work to internal groups outside of their immediate specialties. I agree with others that the benefits are excellent. The compensation rewards high performers, so I can see where low performers might be frustrated with a merit based pay structure. If you are willing to work hard and advance your professional skills, Situs is a good place to work.

Cons

Management is extremely busy as they are continually focused on bringing in new business and meeting client deadlines. This is an area where management needs to be proactive, though I do see efforts to initiate dialogue. I find management is willing to spend time if I initiate the conversation.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the business, but don't lose sight of your employee's contributions.

Don't Work Here Unless You Cannot Work Anywhere Else

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, none, more none, and then again more no pros

Cons

This company is so disorganized and so bent on hiring people with little to no experience so they can pay as little as possible. If their clients knew how their work was being handled, they would be appalled and would certainly move their business to a much more reputable and well known servicing company. Upper management is so unprofessional and emotional that they fire people that are smarter then themselves so they do not look bad. This company is a joke and will be bust very soon. Don't waste your time or effort in working here as you will truly regret that you left another job the day you walk in the door.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all current upper management or you will see this company in the list of failed companies soon.

Worst experience ever!!! Never work here!!!

I have been working at Situs full-time

Pros

The people you work with are great. They work hard and are truly great people.

Cons

Everything else. Management is so busy stabbing each other in the back that they are always covering their own and therefore, throwing all of their employees under the bus. They don't care about the employees at all. They are all about themselves and trying to figure out how they can make a bigger bonus. They do not listen to their employees and they are constantly looking for ways to screw their employees over.

Advice to Management

Stop lying about caring about your employees and that you are willing to make a change to improve things when you are not. Stop allowing your CHRO to intimidate and manipulate situations to make herself look better. She truly is one of the biggest factors in the backstabbing and the lack of trust that everyone has for one another and everyone knows it but no one does anything to change it. Actually make changes and hold people accountable for their actions. Value what people do and what they bring to the table.

9. Hasn't been called The Situs Companies for a over 2 years now, new ownership. Called Situs now.

Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New owner is mortgage legend Lewis Ranieri. Old owners where disconnected and irrelevant, no wonder poor reviews. Company has expanded aggressively in US and Europe over past two years and is market leader in outsourced due diligence and retained risk loan servicing and asset management. Client list represents top banks and private equity firms globally. Situs is a good place for those looking for career exposer and an opportunity to learn.

Cons

Poor reputation of prior owners have been challenge for company recruiting in Houston. Company has 11 offices in US and Europe.....culture is progressive, educational and supportive. wish there was a direct program for equity ownership by employees, although deferred comp plan put in place in '12 is a big step in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Toot your own horn a little more. You guys survived the greatest market downturn in modern history, and came back stronger than you were before. good job, glad to be part of the team!

Hard work, great learning opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent company to learn a great deal of information. Your work and effort is noticed and rewarded with more responsibility.

Cons

This company has gone through numerous layoffs in the past couple years. Some deserving some not. The pay is low considering the work load you are expected to handle.

Advice to Management

To attract top applicants, you must pay a premium.

This place sucks the Soul out of You!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Situs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. And I must emphasize how bleak this company is.

Cons

Management is out of touch, arrogant, disrespectful and downright dangerous.

Advice to Management

Quit before you get fired.

RSS Feed </> Embed