Six Flags Reviews

Reset

1. Favoritism

Former Employee - Crew Member in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Six Flags part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free entry to any park in the country Free tickets 10% Discount

Cons

Management showed favoritism Rood customers, hot weather Low minimum wage Very hard to get promoted

2. Good Opportunities

Current Employee - Retail Team Member in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Current Employee - Retail Team Member in Upper Marlboro, MD

I have been working at Six Flags part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great first job! Flexible hours. Free entrance to park 35% off everything.

Cons

Favoritism when it comes to promotions.

3. Okay first job

Current Employee - Ride Operator in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Ride Operator in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Six Flags part-time (More than a year)

Pros

free access to any six flags park, discounts on merchandise, easily makes friends

Cons

Uniform doesn't work in all types of weather, very demanding hours, rude guests, favoritism

Advice to Management

New uniform, show less favoritism and treat others equally, listen to what ALL employees have to say

5. a good first job

I worked at Six Flags part-time

Pros

Great way to get your first employment experience

Cons

You're working outdoors in the heat

Advice to Management

Quality people will crest a quality guest experience

Good so far.

I have been working at Six Flags full-time

Pros

They give you classes! Teach you about what job position you'd be having to work. But, they should offer more classes! For people who just wants to make sure that when they go out there, they know what they are doing. They were easy though! I mean, they don't even try to make it hard for you or anything. no challenges at all for that. Everyone is friendly, employee wise so far!

Cons

They don't really give you a map of the park and show you where you need to go when you are working for Food Services. I think they should make an employee map or something of the other so, that our first day won't be our first day on hell on earth. I have heard stories of Six Flags Employee's being treated like dirt when it came to the Guest wanting something. I really hope that doesn't happen to me. If so, I am quiting the first someone treats me lower like they are better or something.

Advice to Management

Employee maps, tell guest to respect the employees, more classes for better first time/job experience, schedule more days for employees to work or there won't be any employees working one day (especially the new ones they aren't going to be asking anyone to be giving them any more days for work than they barely have.) , and weekly/monthly paid classes (to make sure employees are having a good experience and that they aren't still lost.).

7. Nationally solid, local experience may vary

Current Employee - Finance Supervisor in Northeast, NY
    Current Employee - Finance Supervisor in Northeast, NY

I have been working at Six Flags full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having fun is considered a job requirement! Solid long-term benefits for full-time employees - bonuses, stock options, health insurance, 401k. Great infrastructure for moving up and around throughout the entire company.

Cons

Not many offered full-time, and then the hours can be brutal. Operationally dependent on very large quantities of low-wage workers, which are in short supply.

Advice to Management

Start automating tedious jobs and bump pay scale for supervisory and skilled.

8. Six Flags

Pros

Good for gaining job experience. They host a lot of fun activities and programs for employees. These things definitely appeal to young people and there are a lot of friendships to be made.

Cons

It's seasonal so its difficult to be fully invested and work you're way up. A lot of turnover occurs and the policies are very strict. If you need a day off it's difficult to find coverage. Also if you are older, it may be unappealing to work with so many kids. Also if it's a rainy day, depending on your job, you may get sent home or called out of work. The guests can also be very difficult and weary of park policies and in turn they take it out on employees.s

Advice to Management

Keep adding incentive for workers to stay on and perform well. Too much turnover puts a lot of pressure on employees during busy days. Also look for ways to keep guests in good spirits as they constantly voice displeasure to employees.

9. Good Experience for an Internship

I worked at Six Flags part-time

Pros

Great work hours, office set up, great hands on experience

Cons

low employee moral in park

Awesome first job!

Current Employee - Games Hostess in Eureka, MO
    Current Employee - Games Hostess in Eureka, MO

I have been working at Six Flags part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free admission to the park for you and a friend -40% off all food and drinks -Great people, everyone is very friendly and everyone is very close -Many special employee events (Games tournaments, Hurricane Harbor night, movie nights, etc) -Practice with public speaking and practice with building solid customer service skills

Cons

-Minimum wage -Long hours -HOT! or rainy (but they provide water and ponchos) -Some of my leads are the same age as me, which makes it difficult to take them seriously as my boss (I'm 17)

Advice to Management

You guys are doing awesome, the only thing I would say is make the process to become a lead a little more difficult to prevent young teenage boys from being in charge of others.

Six Flags Ride Operator

I worked at Six Flags part-time

Pros

The benefits are amazing you get into the park free with a guest and get discounts on games and food.

Cons

The guests are horrible and most of the time are rood, they always expect to break the rules.

Advice to Management

Tell the customers to be more nice to employees. I mean we're human too. It's not fun to work at a place where you get harassed everday.

RSS Feed </> Embed