Six Flags

Six Flags Reviews in San Antonio, TX

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Six Flags Chairman, President, and CEO James W. P. (Jim) Reid-Anderson

James W. P. (Jim) Reid-Anderson

Pros
  • Being able to communicate with customers and getting in the park for free(in 20 reviews)

• You get free admission to every Six Flags and you get discounts(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • the long hours sometimes you put in 10-12 hr days but other than that its great(in 37 reviews)

• they work you like a slave for minimum wage(in 32 reviews)

23 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A good first job

Ride Operator (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe jobs are straighter forward, and they observe most holidays.

ConsThe weather is your worst enemy, sometimes it will cancel work; or it may rain. They won't let you wear coats or rain gear from home.

Typical.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat learning experience. You experience something different everyday. Really enjoyed the perks that came with the position at Six Flags Fiesta Texas: free everyday admission to the park plus a guest, discounts, and free tickets.

ConsManagement needs major improvement. They do not care about the employees; they only want the job to get done. There is a lot of walking and working in the heat. Be prepared to get horrible tan lines and sunburn.

Advice to Senior ManagementAgain, management needs major improvement. They are not professional and lack proper training in all departments.

Fun for guest not for employees

Ride Operator (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

Prosfree pass to get in but thats about it

Consvery low discount on any thing you get. pass members get almost as much as a discount, work hours suck, your in the hot sun if you operate rides, supervisors are stupid and never nice, lots of internal problems and favortism,

Advice to Senior Managementadd more benifits for emplyees, higher pay for workers since they are the backbone of the customer experience

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Security Officer

Security Officer (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

Prosflexible hours, great people, laid-back

Conspay isn't too great, not a lot of hours

It was a okay job.

Ride Operator (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGet in for free, buddy pass, discount on items in the park, discount on season passes.

ConsLong hours, rude guest, hard work, low pay, few days off, hot summer heat.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess hours would be nice.

Good for a first job, extremely corporate though.

Games Lead (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsPlace to move up (to a point anyway.)

Fun if you connect with your co-workers.

Rewards for doing well.

Free admission into park.

ConsHigh expectations with low pay.

Rude customers you need to get after if they're smoking.

No overtime pay, but they give you long hours.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

A pretty fun place to be at

Lead (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsBenefits like discounted tickets, season passes, free entry for you and a friend to all Six Flags Parks, discounts on food and items inside the park when you come as a guest. The job advancement is real fast depending on what department you work at.

ConsThe seasonal hours and pay which is minimal wage and the attendance policy/point system

Love my job!

Lead (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsFlexible hours - you can work as much or as little as you want
    Great people - I'm younger, and so are all of my co-workers, so working is always fun
    Making someone's day - The reason I love my job is because you have the opportunity to make someone's day great. This may be the trip of a lifetime for a person, and I love knowing that even at a small level, I am involved in that.
    Air conditioning - I work at one of the few places inside, so I never have to worry about the heat. Try and get an inside job if you can, you'll love your job so much more, trust me!
    Lots of opportunities for advancement - People are getting promoted left and right :)
    Great benefits also :)

ConsPay - As a cashier you start out at minimum wage, although I can't speak for the rest of the park. You really earn your money with all the work that you do. If you work a lot of hours though, it makes it more worthwhile though

Very fun, diverse work experience!

Park Services (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsMany opportunities to move up. Meet many people with many different backgrounds and experiences, you earn things you never thought you would working at an amusement park!

ConsNot full-time unless you have spent a number of years there, or have special expertise. Outdoor work, not much feedback from management

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you take care of the ones who have been loyal for years.

Adults need not apply

Admissions Hostess (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThere is free admission to the park and it is a fun atmosphere to work in. That's all.

ConsIt's an OK job for teens or college students who live with their parents, but I wouldn't recommend it recommend it to anyone who actually needs an income to live on. The pay is terrible, most of the employees are young and immature, and employees are not treated well at all. Most of the supervisors have no business being in charge of anyone and are completely unprofessional. As an adult in my 30s, I often had to pick up slack for the younger workers. By the time I left, one of my supervisors was a high school student. I was clearly much more qualified but kept getting passed over because I wasn't in the in crowd. A total joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through on your promises. There was an incentive program that I missed out on because too many people qualified and they had to go by supervisor evaluation, which was in this case completely arbitrary. The employees whose supervisors beefed up their evaluations were the only ones who got the bonus. Also, try to recognize and compensate the extra level of professionalism that comes from adult workers. And stay in your own lane. RIdes supervisors don't need to be poking their noses into admissions business.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!