Sixt

Erich Sixt

Great place to work at.

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent

I worked at Sixt part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Get to travel for training every 3 months/quarter for training and work evaluation.
    Can move up the corporate ladder easily with the right experience and graduating University with a BS degree.
    Pay is excellent compared to the competitors.
    Depending on your manager: you get treated very respectfully, will work around your school schedule, and if you have any exams or emergencies, you can take unpaid time off however long you need.
    Definitely recommend to any student looking for a company who treats their employees with respect, great pay, and works around your schedule whenever you have an issue or problem.

Cons

Must graduate with any BS degree if you want to move up and get promoted.
    Everyone including management is between 21-27, which makes you feel like your somewhat back in high school as some other reviewers pointed out.

I think what SIXT is doing is great. They treat employees respectfully and the pay is great. Only thing I would ask management is to lower the degree requirement in order to get promoted and move up the corporate ladder. Instead of requiring employees to graduate with a BS degree, lower it to Associates Degree.

Oct 21, 2014HR Team

Thank you for taking time to review Sixt as an employer. We appreciate your feedback, and are striving to improve in many different areas, as well as continue to provide the perks you mentioned.

Only apply to this company if you are Caucasian, Hispanic, German or a female.

I have been working at Sixt

Pros

International Rental company, perfect office location (located right before the bridge that takes you to Down Town Ft. Lauderdale). Great if you love German vehicles and of course all types of cars. Young working environment.

Cons

Finding other cultures in the company is rare. When that rare moment happens, chances are that they are hourly employees who work for the branch. It is a rare sight to see diversity inside SIXT corporate office. Due to the fact that THE HR AT SIXT IS BIAS, (Mostly females hired, Caucasians, Germans and Hispanics.)

Other Cons
    A lot of lazy and unorganized people. Can cause confusion.

Barley an equal opportunity employer.

If you are paying your branch employees $ 11 an hour and commission, I would expect a higher pay grade for those individuals working in HEADQUARTERS. You are a lucrative company, stop being cheap. Spend those Euros if you really care about your employees. I'm not sure how all these under paid employees are surviving. Its only a matter of time before your retention rate becomes a new issue to your company..

I've had an excellenting hiring experience with Sixt!

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sixt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am more than impressed with how efficient and modern the hiring process is with the company. I was given an opportunity to really reach out and show my personality without leaving the confinement of my front door. I notice that the hiring department employs young, innovative, and bright individuals who look for key aspects in an applicant that they think may make a customer smile and continue to buy. I believe these individuals will take Sixt to the next level in this growing market.

Cons

I have not experienced any challenges thus far. The only challenge would be my lack of knowlege, but overtime I am sure I'll gain all the skills and knowledge to perform exceptionally.

Oct 21, 2014HR Team

We appreciate you taking the time to review Sixt as an employer! As a company, we strive to provide ample training for all of our employees both in the classroom and on-the-job. If you have any ... More

Best job benefits and employees

Former Employee - Rental Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Rental Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Sixt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits for school, for enjoyment, for travel, and money support.

Cons

When you lose your job you want it back.

Training is awesome and excell's future young woman and men for work.

Oct 21, 2014HR Team

Thank you for your taking the time to review Sixt. We appreciate your feedback!

You basically a human cleaning rag, useful in the beginning, trash in the end.

Former Employee - Rental Return Agent in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Rental Return Agent in Miami, FL

I worked at Sixt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed my time working at Sixt it truly is a great car rental company. The majority of the vehicles are top of line meaning that you don't have crappy tools to work with. The company has fair benefits, and takes care of its employees more than most. They have a great commission insentive for people who are good at selling so you know you get what you put into it. Also working with a young team makes you wanna do better to meet your goals and be a better employee, which is hard to find in a lot of companies. The corporate vision is great and there's room for professional growth if you have skills and ambition.

Cons

The biggest issue is that Sixt is the type of place that will drop you with out warning when you are of no use to their business, which is within in their right of coarse. However the way they let people go and the reasons they let people go makes you wonder if all the so called "professionalism" practiced in this company goes out the toilet when dealing with employees. I saw countless people disappear for reasons that were petty and stupid. A company should invest time in its employees to correct them when they make mistakes. I myself was let go abruptly and without any prior write ups or warnings, surprising myself and alot of my fellow coworkers how hard and random it happened. Never really learned why I was let go. My main point is that job security is not something you'll find at Sixt rent a car. The hours are extremely long sometime you'll end up working two shifts back to back or working a night shift followed by an early morning shift. You basically won't have a life outside of sixt. 60 hour work weeks aren't to outta place at Sixt. I never took a holiday or cared for one so I couldn't comment on vacation time but you have to earn it hehehehe. The biggest issue is that favoritism's big juicy fangs seeps at every corner of this company. Brown nosing will take you to the sky here.

Professional courtesy is something all your managers at all levels should learn. Its a great company I enjoyed my time there and I grew on a professional and personal level by working here but you can't treat people like expandeble dolls. Getting told a b.s.
     reason like "you're not a right fit for the company" the getting the can especially after working 7 hard months makes no sense. If your gonna fire a person let them know why, have some balls, vague up in the air answers makes youre company look like a third rate business when you're not. Sorry about the crappy grammar.

Jul 30, 2014HR Team

Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing all the positive things you experienced at Sixt. In regards to your specific situation, we do provide basic training and on-going training to all ... More

International Opportunities

Current Employee - Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Sixt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sixt is a very young and innovative company. New products are implemented on a continuous basis which makes work very interesting. I enjoy working with Sixt as I am able to experience an international environment and am able to take over a lot of responsibility. New ideas will be directly taken into consideration and encourage to start new projects. Furthermore, Sixt helped me to develop myself and gives me the opportunity to grow.

Cons

As new employees are coming to Sixt on a continuous basis, it is sometimes hard to find the responsible person when searching for specific information.

Jul 30, 2014HR Team

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on Sixt! All current and former employees' responses are taken seriously in order to continuously improve our company.

Exciting company with excellent growth opportunities!

Current Employee - Human Resources Department in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Department in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Sixt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sixt has an amazing company culture that encourages employees to share innovative ideas with management. Every day is exciting because things are constantly changing. You have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and also travel (if your position requires it). Management recognizes employees who work hard and promote based on performance. Everyone works hard because they love what they do and the company they work for.

Cons

Since the company is growing fast, the fast-paced environment can be overwhelming for some people (but is awesome for those who enjoy it).

Keep up the great work with staying involved and recognizing employees that are doing a good job

Jul 30, 2014HR Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Sixt. We are happy to hear about the positive experiences you are having as an employee. Your comments will be used to improve Sixt as a whole.

Not the company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Sixt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no pros to work for this company.

Cons

The branch management staff does not have the skills or ability to be working in this position. Most of them are from overseas and don't have any experience in management. The HR team seems to always be trying to catch up. The head of HR is never around and problem, or issue you have will not be kept confidential it will get spread thru the entire corp office.

Re-evaluate you managers branch and upper level.

Jun 30, 2014Vice President of HR

Thank you for taking the time to review Sixt rent a car. In response to your review, all of our Branch Mangers go through our Management Trainee program to receive the tools they need to succeed in ... More

Exciting company with opportunity for growth

I have been working at Sixt

Pros

This is the first job and company I have worked for that I truly enjoy. The people are amazing and there is unlimited growth potential.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say, but if you are not a motivated and outgoing person it may not be the best fit. There is a lot if energy in the office and it's always exciting.

Continue to pay attention to all employees and reward those who work hard. You guys do a great job!

Jul 31, 2014HR Team

We want to thank you for taking the time to review Sixt and sharing the positive experiences you have had with us, as well as advice for future candidates!

Wonderful, full of new chanllenges and experiences everyday.

Current Employee - Fleet Support in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Fleet Support in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Sixt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Is a stable company with many benefits and potential with rapid growth in the market in which you can see the long term.

Cons

Internantional company in which you have to be open to different cultures and traditions and be willing to learn and grow as fast as they do.

May 19, 2014HR Team

Thank you for your review on Sixt as an employer! We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback.