Sixt

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
3.7

Erich Sixt

Pros
  • You 'only' work 40-50 hours a week (in 3 reviews)

• New ideas will be directly taken into consideration and encourage to start new projects (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a complete mess, employees are constantly stressed out, the work environment is very negative (in 3 reviews)

• Long working hours that compensate with learning and experience (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

The company culture is phenomenal. I've never had so much fun at work.

Current Employee - Reservation Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Reservation Sales Agent

I have been working at Sixt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers.
    Personable managers.
    Great benefits (free healthcare, 9 PTO days)

Cons

There are none so far.

Jan 22, 2015HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Sixt as a Reservation Sales Agent. We appreciate the positive feedback!

If you work hard you get rewarded

I have been working at Sixt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are willing to work above and beyond and represent yourself PROFESSIONALLY you will undoubtably get promoted. Company cares about their employees. They pay for every employees cab ride during holiday parties, full insurance, and you get to travel internationally depending on your position. The upper management is available all the time during stressful situations (even weekends and holidays).

Cons

Company is expanding in the US very fast, so it can be stressful at times. Sick days come out of vacation days. Pay rates can be a little higher. HR department could use a little renovation.

Although I love working for Sixt, I would suggest adding sick days and personal days for employees. Also work on your HR.

Jan 19, 2015HR Team

We appreciate you providing feedback on your current position with Sixt. We do care for our employees and do our best to provide innovative ways to display this. As far as your concern regarding sick ... More

It's okay if you are looking for an underpaid overworked job.

I have been working at Sixt

Pros

Good benefits. Fun coworkers.

Cons

No room for advancement. Untrained supervisors. Too big of a workload and not enough compensation.

I have none.

Jan 29, 2015HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear you enjoy working with your team!
    Here at Sixt we do very often promote from within the company. Check out some
    ... More

New Company, looking for anyone willing to go the extra mile to put the company on the map in the rent a car world.

I have been working at Sixt

Pros

Great co- workers, interesting paid training.

Cons

Inexperienced managers, lack of structure and consistency

Jan 29, 2015HR Team

Thank you for letting us know you enjoy working with your team! Our management trainees attend an extensive training program in order to be prepared to supervise employees. Please continue to ... More

Hard work pays off.

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Sixt

Pros

Family ran business , hard work really pays off, full health benifits for nothing, able to move up fast compared to other companies, able to meet new people from all over.

Cons

Salary base pay is low, especially as an trainee, rental agents will make more than you ,no life outside of Sixt, forget having a gf or boyfriend for the first year or seeing family much, kind of sink or swim. Watch what you say to people in the business

Management is great.

Jan 19, 2015HR Team

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your experience working at Sixt. We do reward hard work, but we also want all of our employees to have work-life balance, so if you have any further ... More

Only apply to this company if you are Caucasian, Hispanic, German or a female.

I have been working at Sixt

Pros

International Rental company, perfect office location (located right before the bridge that takes you to Down Town Ft. Lauderdale). Great if you love German vehicles and of course all types of cars. Young working environment.

Cons

Finding other cultures in the company is rare. When that rare moment happens, chances are that they are hourly employees who work for the branch. It is a rare sight to see diversity inside SIXT corporate office. Due to the fact that THE HR AT SIXT IS BIAS, (Mostly females hired, Caucasians, Germans and Hispanics.)

Other Cons
    A lot of lazy and unorganized people. Can cause confusion.

Barley an equal opportunity employer.

If you are paying your branch employees $ 11 an hour and commission, I would expect a higher pay grade for those individuals working in HEADQUARTERS. You are a lucrative company, stop being cheap. Spend those Euros if you really care about your employees. I'm not sure how all these under paid employees are surviving. Its only a matter of time before your retention rate becomes a new issue to your company..

Nov 24, 2014HR Team

Your feedback is highly appreciated in order for us to learn and grow as an organization. At Sixt, we strive to hire the most qualified candidates, while creating a diverse workforce. As expected, we ... More

Great place to work at.

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent

I worked at Sixt part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Get to travel for training every 3 months/quarter for training and work evaluation.
    Can move up the corporate ladder easily with the right experience and graduating University with a BS degree.
    Pay is excellent compared to the competitors.
    Depending on your manager: you get treated very respectfully, will work around your school schedule, and if you have any exams or emergencies, you can take unpaid time off however long you need.
    Definitely recommend to any student looking for a company who treats their employees with respect, great pay, and works around your schedule whenever you have an issue or problem.

Cons

Must graduate with any BS degree if you want to move up and get promoted.
    Everyone including management is between 21-27, which makes you feel like your somewhat back in high school as some other reviewers pointed out.

I think what SIXT is doing is great. They treat employees respectfully and the pay is great. Only thing I would ask management is to lower the degree requirement in order to get promoted and move up the corporate ladder. Instead of requiring employees to graduate with a BS degree, lower it to Associates Degree.

Oct 21, 2014HR Team

Thank you for taking time to review Sixt as an employer. We appreciate your feedback, and are striving to improve in many different areas, as well as continue to provide the perks you mentioned.

I've had an excellenting hiring experience with Sixt!

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sixt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am more than impressed with how efficient and modern the hiring process is with the company. I was given an opportunity to really reach out and show my personality without leaving the confinement of my front door. I notice that the hiring department employs young, innovative, and bright individuals who look for key aspects in an applicant that they think may make a customer smile and continue to buy. I believe these individuals will take Sixt to the next level in this growing market.

Cons

I have not experienced any challenges thus far. The only challenge would be my lack of knowlege, but overtime I am sure I'll gain all the skills and knowledge to perform exceptionally.

Oct 21, 2014HR Team

We appreciate you taking the time to review Sixt as an employer! As a company, we strive to provide ample training for all of our employees both in the classroom and on-the-job. If you have any ... More

Best job benefits and employees

Former Employee - Rental Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Rental Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Sixt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits for school, for enjoyment, for travel, and money support.

Cons

When you lose your job you want it back.

Training is awesome and excell's future young woman and men for work.

Oct 21, 2014HR Team

Thank you for your taking the time to review Sixt. We appreciate your feedback!

International Opportunities

Current Employee - Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Sixt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sixt is a very young and innovative company. New products are implemented on a continuous basis which makes work very interesting. I enjoy working with Sixt as I am able to experience an international environment and am able to take over a lot of responsibility. New ideas will be directly taken into consideration and encourage to start new projects. Furthermore, Sixt helped me to develop myself and gives me the opportunity to grow.

Cons

As new employees are coming to Sixt on a continuous basis, it is sometimes hard to find the responsible person when searching for specific information.

Jul 30, 2014HR Team

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on Sixt! All current and former employees' responses are taken seriously in order to continuously improve our company.