Sixt Reviews

Reset
3.8
Sixt CEO Erich Sixt
Erich Sixt

Pros
  • You 'only' work 40-50 hours a week (in 3 reviews)

• New ideas will be directly taken into consideration and encourage to start new projects (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • To say that the work environment at Sixt is immature is an absolute understatement (in 3 reviews)

• Long working hours that compensate with learning and experience (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Exciting company with excellent growth opportunities!

Current Employee - Human Resources Department in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Department in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Sixt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sixt has an amazing company culture that encourages employees to share innovative ideas with management. Every day is exciting because things are constantly changing. You have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and also travel (if your position requires it). Management recognizes employees who work hard and promote based on performance. Everyone works hard because they love what they do and the company they work for.

Cons

Since the company is growing fast, the fast-paced environment can be overwhelming for some people (but is awesome for those who enjoy it).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with staying involved and recognizing employees that are doing a good job

Jul 30, 2014HR Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Sixt. We are happy to hear about the positive experiences you are having as an employee. Your comments will be used to improve Sixt as a whole.

2. I really do like Sixt.

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Sixt full-time

Pros

Great teamwork, commission structure, opportunities for growth, lots of responsibilities.

Cons

Cannot advance/transfer with out letter from manager, who procrastinates until the position is closed so you stay at their branch. Shifts are not very flexible downtown branches. Also, the ESI isn't exactly anonymous when there is less than four employees, as is contacting gaddy with issues.

Advice to Management

Focus more on helping RSAs improve irpd rather than telling them to do it. Spend more time at your branch. Keep your positive attitude!

3. manager

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sixt (More than a year)

Pros

The company gives you nice Gucci clothes as the uniform, you have to be a size 0-6, which was not fair for another employee. She needed to buy her own clothes because she was a size 10. However great benefits

Cons

Wacky hours 2pm-11pm, 4am-2pm, very random. They fly you to Miami all the time for training, not much time given if you have to coordinate family care.

Advice to Management

Train your employees properly, give them a sense of responsibility instead of doing everything for them and then expect them to know everything once your gone.

5. Incredible Opportunities !

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Sixt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the fact that everyone who works at Sixt are young professionals. There is so much room to grow in this developing company here in the US. The pay is great and the people that you work with are even better. The commission structure is amazing. You can literally start a career as a RSA (Rental Sales Agent).

Cons

I just started with Sixt, therefore there is no cons at the moment. Every company has their flaws but I haven't found one yet with Sixt.

Jun 17, 2015HR Team

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review for Sixt. We appreciate your feedback about the Rental Sales Agent opportunity and are very happy to know that you are having great ... More

From Management Trainee to Branch Manager

Current Employee - Management Trainee Program in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Program in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Sixt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Empowers employees to succeed by giving them responsibility early on
    -A startup culture with opportunity to grow personally along with the company
    -Every day is a new learning experience, whether it be dealing with customers or learning from coworkers, you will never be bored
    -Executives are a phone call or email away and truly care about your career progression
    -Company car and housing paid for during management trainee program

Cons

-Long hours with mediocre pay to start, but it gets better after you earn your place
    -Car rental is the toughest customer service job there is because customers have the highest expectations of service and product
    -With so much rapid expansion occurring within the company, there tends to be a lack of communication on a micro and macro level

Advice to Management

As we grow, don't forget where we came from and who we want to be, you are only as good as your weakest employee.

Jun 4, 2015HR Team

Thank you for providing your honest opinion of the company thus far and sharing your experiences both as a Management Trainee and Branch Manager. We are happy to know that you are satisfied with Sixt ... More

Awesome Opportunity

I have been working at Sixt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They definitely give you opportunities to work overtime, and make really good money.

Training is hands on after three day training in Fort Lauderdale.

Cons

I dont really have any cons about the company as of now lol really hoping to continue loving going to work as much as I do.

Advice to Management

I know that they can get really busy just wish sometimes they had more time to give feedback to make sure you aren't taking bad habits from coworkers who have been there for so long, especially with making sales.

Jun 4, 2015HR Team

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide feedback to Sixt USA! We are happy to have you as a part of the team and are very delighted to know that you are pleased with the ... More

8. Great company in the beginning...

I worked at Sixt full-time

Pros

Sixt has a great company culture and celebrate success. They are growing a lot across the US and there is room for growth. They have nice locations and branches and provide good customer service.

Cons

You will have to work a lot of hours in any job and a lot of the time everything changes completely. There is no work/ life balance and no recognition when you do a good job. There are a lot of young managers that are not trained to manage people and can not handle different situations.

Jun 25, 2015HR Team

Thank for taking the time to review Sixt. We are glad that you enjoyed the culture and five star customer service that our growing company provides. At Sixt we definitely encourage a work life ... More

9. No Consistency.

I worked at Sixt full-time

Pros

Great room for growth in what i see as a potentially big company, compensation looks promising, excellent training staff.

Cons

HR department just couldn't explain or take the time to explain issue and differences they had with my employment just a HUGE shame in a great company.

Advice to Management

HR just might need to go thru some training on people skills.

Jun 11, 2015HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction with our training, compensation, and growth opportunities. At Sixt we strive to provide the best environment for our employees, so we are ... More

10. Location manager

I have been working at Sixt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great growth opportunities, well rounded experience in all facets of entrepreneurship. Very challenging position, as there are an infinite number of tasks to keep track of. Easy access to upper management, very open to assist.

Cons

Long hours and sometimes insufficient compensation.

Advice to Management

Provide more feedback, both positive and negative (for making appropriate changes), show a little more employee appreciation.

Jun 4, 2015HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Sixt USA, we appreciate your feedback. At Sixt we value our employees and make every effort to recognize and assist. We are happy to hear that you ... More

11. the worst employed I have ever had

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Sixt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am very surprised about all the good reviews on here and it does not reflect what I experienced when I worked for Sixt. The vast majority of my co-workers were applying for jobs elsewhere and felt treated unfairly. The work environment at Sixt is immature and very negative, people constantly badmouth each other. Management participants in this.

Cons

The salary is bad and you are expected to work overtime on a daily basis without extra pay. The salary as a management trainee is barely enough to make a living. The management was stuck up and arrogant, employees who came to Florida from Germany talked down to the new staff and acted superior for some strange reason. The truth is that the smart people leave as soon as they find something better and people who stay for 2 years or longer only do so because they cant find a decent job anywhere else.

Advice to Management

It is obvious that a lot of the reviews here were written by the HR department which says a lot about the company. However, this is just a short-term strategy as people will see the truth once they start working for Sixt.

Jun 17, 2015HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Sixt. In regards to your concerns about Management Trainees, the compensation is hourly not salary. There is a guaranteed $33,000 per year that ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed