Sizzler USA Reviews

Fun!

Former Employee - Cashier/Host
    Former Employee - Cashier/Host

I worked at Sizzler USA part-time

Pros

Making new friends and learning the basics of customer service. I also loved the fact that I had a very friendly manager/ boss. Working at Sizzler was like being part of a family. You get free food when you befriend the waiters and the cooks.

Cons

Dealing with cranky customers and ever since minimum wage rose up we lost the benefit to grab food/ our lunch from the salad bar.

Pioneer Of Fast Casual

Current Employee - Market Manager  in  Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Market Manager in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Sizzler USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great management training program and systems; great leaders who were invested in your career and growing the company. I felt valued, respected and empowered.

Cons

The early years of your career will require a larger time commitment until you can learn the ropes, play to your strengths and use your other store teams as resources, thereby increasing your circle of influence.

At the time I was a GM, there were no non-salaried 'key' holders which necessitated scheduled and emergency open to close shifts. And, it did not help to develop the bench of highly talented shift supervisors.

Working at store level fun and exciting, upper management tries to micro manage daily routine.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Sizzler USA full-time

Pros

Sizzler has extremely long term employees, so everyone knows their job and needs minimal direction. guest have been coming to Sizzler for years and know exactly what they like and will keep you on your toes.

Cons

Store level and corporate management are also long term and likes minimal changes. No room for advancement. They say management schedules are flexible but question any time a manager takes a weekend day off.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sad that it wasn't that great of a place to work

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Roseville, CA

I worked at Sizzler USA part-time for less than a year

Pros

50% off food if you eat there, 10% off for take home
    Free drinks
    Nice customers
    Cooks would make extra food for everyone to eat at the end of the night

Cons

Chemicals used to clean caused me to get an inhaler
    Management was lazy and didn't offer customers alternatives when faced with issues
    They played favorites and didn't look at how hard people worked
    Made people clock out after the store closed, but still had them work so they could save hours
    Spoke about advancement, but never followed through

Stop playing favorites, actually help during the busy times, and pay people the hours they worked

Great company

I have been working at Sizzler USA part-time

Pros

Really fun place to work

Cons

Starter job coworkers mostly teens

Inability to manage Payroll

Former Employee - Cook  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Cook in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sizzler USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good entry level experience. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Excellent employee meal discounts for friends and family.

Cons

I worked for a franchised sizzler, which consistently issued paychecks with Non-sufficient funds. Time off or schedule changes required a multitude of forms and talking to different managers.

Hire an accountant.

Too much work and too little pay.

Former Employee - Salad Bar and Counter/Hostess  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Salad Bar and Counter/Hostess in Portland, OR

I worked at Sizzler USA part-time for more than a year

Pros

Family-like environment, flexible hours, cool manager.

Cons

You'd be very lucky to get a raise EVER, there will always be another little thing for you to do, never enough time to get everything done right even if you're a good worker, no benefits, servers are only required to tip out the kitchen so everyone else never gets tips besides the counter on occasion, VERY unfair working environment, you work alone a lot even on a sunday when a crowd of church people are waiting in line, too many tasks for one person to do alone because they want to save money, etc., etc., ETC!

Stop making counter work alone and properly train employees. Even tip distribution and even tiny raises would also be appreciated.

Easy Money.

Former Employee - Server/Waiter  in  Merced, CA
    Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Merced, CA

I worked at Sizzler USA part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours
    Potential to earn a lot of money in tips.
    Easy going and friendly environment.

Cons

Same as most restaurants - You work with many people that don't really want to be there or work harder than they absolutely have to. This leads to dirty plates, dirty tables, bad preparation on food, meals that aren't always picturesque, etc. - which leads to apologizing to customers and loss in tips.

Really keep an eye on the employees that do work hard and reward them as such. Sometimes just a little praise can really boost morale. Also be more mindful during the hiring process of personalities and how the new hire will mesh with each area of the restaurant.

An up and down crash course on professional work experience and people.

Current Employee - Counter/Server  in  Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Counter/Server in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Sizzler USA

Pros

Flexibility! Management is awesome on giving you time off when you need it. It's great for college or even high school students in particular-people with few bills who are looking for part time work and wanna make a little extra cash.

Cons

Our system of advancing is not entirely based off work merit. Personal schedules and attitudes can interfere with company promotions. Our pay system is ridiculous-I've had better!

Owner needs to be more involved with knowing who works for his company. Our non stop issues with company pay needs to be corrected.

good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

I worked at Sizzler USA

Pros

a very good company to work for when ran buy corperate.

Cons

The restraunt is not ran well when it is ran by a franchisee,,,many rules are not followed and kept up to sizzler standarders.!!!

as an employee for over 27 years at sizzler,,,i have seen many restraunts both ran buy corparate and franchisee.I think corperate need to keep a better eye the way franchisee,s run the store so that the name Sizzler is still held in a good standard.

Worked for Sizzler USA? Contribute to the Community!