Skanna Systems Investigations

www.skanna.com

Skanna Systems Investigations Reviews

2.4

CEO

This was a fine place to work.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Skanna Systems Investigations

Pros

Large company, lots of divisions and chances to try other areas.

Cons

Large company, little room for comments.

Be nice, treat everyone fairly, give back to your employees, give to your community, promote from within, make health and safety a top priority.

Employees are expendable and they know it

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Team Member  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Team Member in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Skanna Systems Investigations

Pros

The employees for the most part get along well. If you want law enforcement experience to further your career elsewhere like me, it's a place to start.

Cons

Employees have to pester for a raise, and then get less than they were promised if any. I never got a raise even after my probationary period. Despite several rediculous incidents jeopardizing the very lives of their employees, management did nothing. We were frequently short hours on our pay, sometimes a whole week. They allow the client to verbal abuse their employees because if you quit-like me-they can replace you from a never ending pool of lesser candidates who will do the same job for 25-50 cents less per hour. A box jockey temp on their first day can get paid more per hour than Skanna's most senior middle managers on-site.

Lip service is cheaper than giving out raises to deserving subordinates, however the risk of losing a lucrative contract because of departing experienced staff is not wise. Minimum wage went up during my year plus tenure and we all noticed. I doubt morale could be any lower.
    Why not make a phone call or send an e-mail once in a while and pretend to take an interest in your employee's work? I would've stayed if I heard the words: "Good job" a bit more frequently than never.

Worked for Skanna Systems Investigations? Contribute to the Community!