Skanska USA Building

Be The First To
Add Photos

Skanska USA Building President Bill Fleming

Bill Fleming

Pros
  • Stable company, Good Benefits, pretty good work-life balance(in 4 reviews)

• Great company, treats interns quite well(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Though there aren't many downsides, one of the cons to the job are the long hours and the blurring between personal life and work life(in 3 reviews)

• Some people in upper management shouldn't be there(in 3 reviews)

Unfair Employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get paid and colleagues are nice.

ConsFinance management does not treat employees fairly

Great Place To Intern

Accounting Intern (Current Employee)

ProsVery flexible with school schedule during the fall/spring

ConsWork is repetitive. I'm doing mostly data entry stuff

Great Stable Company to work for, but management needs to change in this office

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsStable company, Good Benefits, pretty good work-life balance

ConsNot a lot of room for growth right now

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes to what's going on in the office and out in the field! There are many employees who are disgruntled right now due to the way we're being treated. There are some people who work really hard and others who barely do anything, yet we get paid the same and they never get in trouble because management either doesn't care or doesn't pay attention. Even when we complain, it seems to fall on deaf ears.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work if you are a permanent employee

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsFriendly and professional co-workers. But if you are looking for a place to grow, this is not the place you want to work.

ConsIt's a crappy place to work for if you are a contractor. Manager doesn't even bother to respond your email.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everybody equally even if they are not permanent employee.

Not enough Opportunities for Growth

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsNice People in within the company.

ConsIts construction its not guaranteed a permanent position with benefits

Advice to Senior Managementbetter benefits.

One of the best people enviroment places to work.

ProsGreat people environment; they really enjoy the day to day working in the same office as everyone else. If you cross a path everyone is always friendly, they usually have a once a month lunch-in or try to at least. It is a company that you can enjoy the time spent for the 40+ hours there a week. If you enjoy working long days this place is great for that.

ConsUnable to move up quickly. People do not quit and leave very often. From rumors I hear they recuited a lot of the IT from major companies and that shows why they are so strong minded as well as hard headed over in the Infra department. The back end of IT is "strong minded" and the front lines has to take the beating for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey often say we will allow you to take time to learn more and always ask you to do things more often than the hours in the day will allow. Let allow the people that you need to work with to advance within the company are "to busy" or not willing to help. The amount of time off is always never enough just as pay is never enough for what the front lines go through. Thats a normal comment from every company, let alone I would say their bonuses are yet terribly hard to get.

Great group of people, and strong leadership at the top.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsI believe the senior leadership has some of the brightest people in the industry.

ConsSalaries and bonus are based on popularity and not always skill. People tend to leave because there is more opportunity for growth and pay increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue being open and frank with the project teams.

Good People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery smart, dedicated people. You have the opportunity to work with different teams and different locations.

ConsAs with the construction industry in general - lay-off / lack of work.

Superintendent

Superintendent (Former Employee) San Juan, PR

ProsExcellent place to start a career with a good work environment. Good compensation package and benefits.

ConsDo not have enough projects in the island at the moment.

Overall the company is on the cutting edge for Technology in the Construction Industry

Estimator (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe resources they provide for their employees are plenty. A well polished organization in training and having the most up to date technological advances in the industry.

ConsHigh Turnover. A lot of CEO changes and a lot of income producing long standing managers were let go due to the market and personality concerns.

Minority firms wishing to get subcontracting work with Skanska is pretty slim unless you have some connections higher up with the present district VP's. They hold a lot of outreach for minority firms but they don't practice what they preach.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining is essential for your employees.

Worked for Skanska USA Building? Contribute to the Community!