Skechers U.S.A.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Skechers U.S.A. Chairman and CEO Robert Greenberg

Robert Greenberg

Pros:
  • "Really fun atmosphere if you're in a store with good people"
    in 3 reviews
  • "What can i say this was a great place to work"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "No room for advancement, promotions were rarely given unless desperate"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Regional Managers that are not honest with the people below them"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Company

Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. part-time for less than a year

ProsThere are many great things about the company including very flexible scheduling and requested time off, hardworking co-workers and a solid store team, great management who are all very involved, and a solid company foundation with awesome core values and ethics.

ConsThere aren't too many cons except for the amount of hours scheduled, which is for 2nd Assistant Managers, usually 15-25. The wages are mediocre; not too bad but definitely lower than most other retail employees with management positions.

very nice place to work for.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. part-time

Proswork-life balance, learn great customer service skills, great training skills

Consnot much promotion from within. needs to hire more employees!

Advice to Senior Managementpromote more from within, there is a lot of good employees that work for the company that usually get over looked for outsiders.

a very enjoyable time to start off a sales career

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time for more than a year

Prostheir training is great. they have you look at videos and train you about the newest products and how to satisfy customer needs.

Consthere were none. it was a great experience

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Assistants Work Your Ass OFF while Managers get paid!

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. part-time for more than a year

ProsLearn a lot of management duties as an assistant

Cons- Very OId school with numerous procedures
- Although they say they hire within - I know about 3-4 stores have hired a new manager = and not one came from being a Skechers Assistant

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through with SM's to make sure they are developing a pool of strong future managers

Store Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Skechers U.S.A.

ProsI worked for this company for 2 years and I honestly cannot think of a single positive thing I could say about this company.

Conshorrible hours, minimal pay, unrealistic expectations, awful support from district manager and even less from corporate, if your not a well endowed woman you will not move up. I used to sit outside the store before I had to open the doors and cry because I hated that job.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive up and start over.

Do more with less! A good plan today is better then a perfect plan tomorrow!

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCurrently lots of growth opportunity if your a male pretty and skinny (beware once new stores stop opening growth will stop)
Discount
Flexible schedule

ConsDo more with less And a good plan today is better then a perfect plan tomorrow are the company's mottos this year which is rediculous!
Company does not back up employees on return policy and even when the customer is clearly scamming you your expected to kiss there ass!
Huge gain expectations with decrease in payroll every year makes no sense.
Pay and bonus structures are constantly being decreased.
No communication
Corprate manages with fear!
8 years ago this company was great to work for ever since 2011 all down hill.
No payroll for the constantly changing visual updates sometimes you'll get 4 window updates in 1 day because they decided to change there minds.
The company can't come up with any new "innovative" ideas so they are constantly asking retail employees for "bright ideas" so they can steal them. Bit of advice DONT SHARE ANY GOOD IDEAS YOU WILL GET SCREWED!
Out dated systems and policys.
Customers can return shoes they bought online but we can't order shoes for our customers from online.
Company discriminates against people who are overweight, and not "branded"
Your given minimum payroll then given insane amount of projects to complete then told by your DSM to add hours to get it done forcing you to not hit your payroll bonus its a huge scam from the company to save money and fire you for either not adding payroll and the projects not getting completed or when you add payroll you get in trouble for going over. You can't win.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like you treat your customers.
Get rid of the out dated old males in the corporate office retail isn't the same as it was in the 50's times have changed.
Flip the ENTIRE corporate office and board of directors company needs a huge over haul.

Decent.

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A.

ProsRelaxed environment, nice people, clean.

ConsNo food, dark bathrooms, parking is down two blocks.

It was a great job back then. work environment was pleasant, I learned about Logistics.

Trade Finance Specialist (Former Employee)
Manhattan Beach, CA

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent corporate discount, excellent parties, no dress code, growing company, fun work environment. Takes great care of employees with parties, catering on a regular basis.

ConsExpected to make miracles out of barely anything. Extremely political company, Raises were not given often, no room for advancement, Terminates employees for not living up to unrealistic goals and tasks

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to stop having so much politics, appreciate people that really want to be team players, hire employees that have compassion for the job.

Sales Associate

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A.

ProsGreat company that offers quality shoes

ConsLack of marketing tactics in some areas

Advice to Senior ManagementEnhance marketing strategy and appeal to a broader target market

The worst company to work for!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. full-time

Prosgood discount on shoes

ConsRetail division is poorly run and there is constant turn over because of the abuse. Miscommunication happens everyday because the retail president demands things to happen instantly but then constantly changes his mind and then blames it on you for not listening. Your quality of life will be destroyed because of all the stress and all the yelling that is directed at everyone - you will spend everyday trying to stay out of the line of fire but it is useless because you will get screamed at and told you are worthless. This place is run by fear and not by respect and they have no dedication to retain their good employees and they have lost a lot of quality people. Run as far as you can from this place and look elsewhere, it's not worth it!!

Worked for Skechers U.S.A.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Skechers U.S.A. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Skechers U.S.A. CEO Robert Greenberg. All 67 reviews posted anonymously by Skechers U.S.A. employees.