Skechers U.S.A. Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
2.7

Skechers U.S.A. Chairman and CEO Robert Greenberg
Robert Greenberg

Pros
  • Great core values, with a great focus on customer experience (in 4 reviews)

• Very Easy job expect in a huge store with no hours then it becomes quite the challenge more workload on less ppl for same amount of money (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a lot of turnover because of the low pay, so if you have a car you can expect to be going and helping out other stores constantly (in 7 reviews)

• At Store Manager level, there's not much room for advancement within the company unless you are willing to relocate to California (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

It's not a dream your in hell!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Skechers U.S.A.

Pros

None-Fullerton area is really nice.

Cons

Skx Retail Division is stuck in the 80s...that's when Bob Greenberg was bankrupting his first company L.A gear remember? The same result will happen here over the next decade as the company refuses to invest in any technology not even email! H.R is not effective and are discussed terribly throughout org. They are so disconnected focused on recruiting good looking 'branded' people who have zero business acumen. Stores are not supported, managers forced to work while clocked out for lunch. 50 boxes of transfer product showing up out of nowhere daily...Retail Division needs an overhaul. Regional Manager won a camaro from the company she proudly flaunts while employees struggle to feed their families. Start the firing with the Director of Stores then work your way down!

Pursue licensing agreements with partners who can drive traffic..I'm thinking US tour De France team sponsorship.

a very enjoyable time to start off a sales career

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time (more than an year)

Pros

their training is great. they have you look at videos and train you about the newest products and how to satisfy customer needs.

Cons

there were none. it was a great experience

none

very nice place to work for.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. part-time

Pros

work-life balance, learn great customer service skills, great training skills

Cons

not much promotion from within. needs to hire more employees!

promote more from within, there is a lot of good employees that work for the company that usually get over looked for outsiders.

Assistants Work Your Ass OFF while Managers get paid!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learn a lot of management duties as an assistant

Cons

- Very OId school with numerous procedures
    - Although they say they hire within - I know about 3-4 stores have hired a new manager = and not one came from being a Skechers Assistant

Follow through with SM's to make sure they are developing a pool of strong future managers

Store Manager

I worked at Skechers U.S.A.

Pros

I worked for this company for 2 years and I honestly cannot think of a single positive thing I could say about this company.

Cons

horrible hours, minimal pay, unrealistic expectations, awful support from district manager and even less from corporate, if your not a well endowed woman you will not move up. I used to sit outside the store before I had to open the doors and cry because I hated that job.

Give up and start over.

It was a great job back then. work environment was pleasant, I learned about Logistics.

Former Employee - Trade Finance Specialist in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Trade Finance Specialist in Manhattan Beach, CA

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent corporate discount, excellent parties, no dress code, growing company, fun work environment. Takes great care of employees with parties, catering on a regular basis.

Cons

Expected to make miracles out of barely anything. Extremely political company, Raises were not given often, no room for advancement, Terminates employees for not living up to unrealistic goals and tasks

Needs to stop having so much politics, appreciate people that really want to be team players, hire employees that have compassion for the job.

Decent.

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A.

Pros

Relaxed environment, nice people, clean.

Cons

No food, dark bathrooms, parking is down two blocks.

Sales Associate

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A.

Pros

Great company that offers quality shoes

Cons

Lack of marketing tactics in some areas

Enhance marketing strategy and appeal to a broader target market

The worst company to work for!!

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. full-time

Pros

good discount on shoes

Cons

Retail division is poorly run and there is constant turn over because of the abuse. Miscommunication happens everyday because the retail president demands things to happen instantly but then constantly changes his mind and then blames it on you for not listening. Your quality of life will be destroyed because of all the stress and all the yelling that is directed at everyone - you will spend everyday trying to stay out of the line of fire but it is useless because you will get screamed at and told you are worthless. This place is run by fear and not by respect and they have no dedication to retain their good employees and they have lost a lot of quality people. Run as far as you can from this place and look elsewhere, it's not worth it!!

HORRIBLE SHOE COMPANY!

Current Employee - First Assistant Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - First Assistant Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

50% discount on all shoes and 25% off accessories

Cons

low pay, no incentives, unrealistic contests, corporate office never knows what to do when you call with a question, out-dated POS systems, & its a "buddy" system from store manager, district, & regional.

Take advice from Nike on EVERYTHING!

Skechers U.S.A. Photos