Skechers U.S.A. Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

Sales Associate

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time

Pros

Skechers' provides employees with great product knowledge providing employees with the confidence necessary to provide luxury customer service.

Cons

As a sales associate you are offered part-time. The hours vary depending on the time of year. Best times are holiday season. Although the hours vary, each sales associate has the opportunity to make some extra cash if they put in the effort (hourly wage plus commission). This is a great entry level job for anyone who in college and just want to make some extra money.

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great customers Great team Good discounts Bonus if you hit it OT if allowed Great teamwork with other store managers

Cons

Horrible upper management directive. They have a huge miscommunication/disconnect going on between regional and district. Confirmed several things with dsm in which rsm said was wrong. I believe it was lack of training. Upper management is fake, gossips and have favortism. Indecisive direction on promotions. Way too frequent changes. Not enough payroll to execute visuals, floor moves, big shipments, transfers, etc. No bonuses for assistant managers. Quality enhancements on product. Easier communication to corporate.

Advice to Management

Train your new dsms better on expectations and test them to make sure they are able to lead by example. Listen to your employees, they run the business more then your one day visits. Bonuses for assistant managers. More full time positions. Upgrade pos system. More realistic payroll for tasks with last minute deadlines or uncontrollable circumstances.

Joke joke joke

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cute shoes, discounts, I can dress cute, free gum balls and popcorn....fast crazy pace, no staff on the sales floor, no hours for shipment, and unrealistic expectations.

Cons

Nightmare!!! Racists, sexists, and abusive to all ......no respect, they feel like they can whatever they want, they move staff from premiere stores if they are overweight or don't look right.....horrible executive leadership.

Not the best, but definitely not the worst.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Decent staff -Will work with your schedule -Good discounts on shoes/accessories

Cons

-overwhelming demand on the visuals of the store -overly high expectations on how well the store should look when comparing it to the amount of pay employees receive. -Customers can be overwhelming/too picky/rude at times as with any retail/service job

Advice to Management

If visuals are important, keep all of your shoes in the stock room and just leave displays in the front, and organize the store in a way that is more customer friendly as far as seating. POS system needs to be updated.

Store Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only have to work 40hrs a week

Cons

Very poor upper management Corporate has very unrealistic expectations The product is very cheap and not good for your feet Don't value there employees

Fun environment, difficult at times.

Current Employee - First Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - First Assistant Manager

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great customer interaction, wonderful teams that you work with in your store, there are amazing amounts of opportunity in this company.

Cons

The company does change its mind on standards quite often, which makes for a frustrating situation, however they try to guide you though to make the right decisions as best as possible.

Advice to Management

Have more one on one walk throughs with your management team in stores to give a better grasp on how to do things accurately and more effectively instead of saying it over the phone for a couple seconds and having management figure it out the rest of the way.

8. I love it

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A.

Pros

Flexibly and Development . Very good upper management . Great pay and great atmosphere

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the company . My time here has been amazing . Maybe updated systems

Advice to Management

N/a

This place needs work

Former Employee - Information Systems in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Information Systems in Manhattan Beach, CA

I worked at Skechers U.S.A.

Pros

Skechers is a good company overall. Their products are okay, although they tend to fall apart after about 4 months and are kind of gimicky. The office is very nice and clean and the people are nice to work with.

Cons

Management is very cliquish, and won't give you the time of day unless they REALLY like you. Same for salary and raises...unless you are in good with upper management, don't expect any perks from this job. Also, there's relationship issues everywhere and upper management and HR will not lift a finger to try to resolve them. Each department tends to be a silo, and often times my work would come to a stand still because management won't do anything to get their staff to work. Even when I escated the issues to my own manager, things would rarely get done and ultimately the issues would just circle back to me to get resolved. The internally developed ERP system is outdated; looks like something that was developed in the mid-90's, and and only a small handful of people within the company knows how it really works

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees, and encourage more cohesiveness and communication amongst them. Update the ERP system, and get rid of that embarassing ancient artifact and perhaps you could increase the productivity. Get a better QA department. The lifespan of the shoes are way too short for the price people pay for them.

Rewarding but very stressful.

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

free shoes, and at times there was a great commision that was attainable.

Cons

Hard to make commision, very rough on your body.

Advice to Management

When you have someone helping out at three or four stores and training the new store managers you should think about promoting the employee. Also, if someone is responsible for the store while the store manager is on leave, that person should have some authority, rather than being on equal footing with the other part time assistants. This way I can't be threatened with my job since the store isn't up to standards AND I can't tell the others to do anything since we all have the same rank (yet they aren't talked to since "I'm in charge".

Store manager

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A.

Pros

Great company to grow. We are big in internal succession.

Cons

communication with corporate is not 100% , and field team members

Advice to Management

Na

RSS Feed </> Embed