SkillPath Corporate Strategies

SkillPath Corporate Strategies Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Robb Garr

SkillPath

ProsGood benefits, semi-flexible hours, casual work environment, base pay plus opportunity to make a lot of commission.

ConsVery, very high turnover rate. Which kills morale a bit and causing stress and a disorganized business strategy. Some management is terrible (but others are wonderful).

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch your mid level management to ensure they're getting the proper training and not firing and hire entire departments every other month. A longer trial/training period or redesigned training/mentoring program would allow a lot of people to succeed and make the company a lot more money!

SkillPath needs to take its own training courses--HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!

Regional Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Mission, KS

ProsNone.There is nothing positive about this company.

ConsEverything. Everybody talks about everybody else behind their backs, management included. The managers drink beer in the office while we have to listen to their loud conversations. They hire and fire people every week. Management is crazy.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange management.

This company has no SKILLPATH to sell

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsFree Parking
    You have a desk, a chair, and what might have been considered a computer and phone 20 years ago.

ConsThe people who work there
    All office equipment
    All software
    The horrible product that they sell

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people you hire and fire are human beings with families and mortgages. The interview/hire process should be more forthcoming about what it is in fact that you do there, maybe let people know that they aren't really being hired. From my vantage point their business is built around contributing to the Kansas unemployment rate so their government has to contract more training programs to combat the problem.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Initial Sales Training at Skillpath/Signing your contract

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Shawnee, KS

ProsInitial training last a week and includes basic sales and system training which consists of lectures by different managers and also worksheets and a binder to take notes in.

ConsBe very careful and DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS. Although they tell you they want you to ask questions and they want you to participate they don't. If you do ask questions then you may be taken aside and told "you're giving me pushback". This is not your typical place where training is considered a safe haven and you are encouraged to learn. Also be careful not to take notes when certain managers are conducting the training. Although "active listening" is considered a skill at some organizations it isn't here. Some of the managers here are on a power trip and think that taking notes means you're not paying attention to them.

Some of the managers gave nick names to people in our training class including calling a man "Rooster"!

On the first day a person from HR comes in and talks about benefits and has you sign your contract. The HR person who did our orientation did not give us her name and also asked for the pens back! She told us she would get in trouble if she didn't take the pens back because she would be over her budget!

At the end of the week several of us were let go by the same woman. So not only was I fired by a person whose name I didn't know, I also was fired by someone who didn't have the authority to give me a pen!

Truly the worst experience in my entire career!

Advice to Senior ManagementObviously management that doesn't know it's inappropriate to call an employee "Rooster" will not recognize they need new management!

Regional Account Manager

Regional Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsThis job has given me a lot of great training. I am pretty new to sales and have learned a lot already. It is a lot of hard work but I really like the challenge and the people are fun to work with.

ConsThere is some negativity around the office and can be distracting. I have heard others complain about how the employees are treated by the managers but I have not had any issues. It does take some time to make commissions but the base salary is decent.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe technology is not very updated and really needs to be.

Good money for the 40 hr work week

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Mission, KS

ProsUncapped commission and great opportunity to make $$$ if you keep your head down and stay focused. Casual dress and AMAZING benefits!

Constechnology is a bit dated, negative attitudes tend to make a lot noise, but overall most the people are nice and tenured reps always willing to help out with strategy sessions and suggestions

Advice to Senior Managementlook at newer CRM systems

A great company to work for

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsA 40 hour work week sales job is almost unheard of. Great ongoing training program. Excellent benefits. Uncapped commission!
    It appears to me that the majority of these negative reviews were written by people who failed, and want someone else to blame. It is a complex sale, and the job is not for everyone. Most of the managers are great and are willing to help anyone be successful.

ConsNo company is perfect. There are some "office politics, " but that's everywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication should always be an area of focus.

Pay your dues and get out.

Trainer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat way to learn the speaking and training business while getting paid. Lots of miles and points. Meet some great people out on the road.

ConsNo balance. Train all day and travel all night. Really low pay and its contract so you get no bennefits and pay double social security tax. Management calls you a vendor and treats you like an expendable. No relationship building or attention to retention. They are more focused on a contiuous flow of new trainers because they burn people out extremely fast. As a low paid contractor you will still need to outlay hundreds of dollars on travel, sometimes thousands, but of course you will be reimbursed. The product they want you to sell at training is often subpar. Not doing a very good job of keeping up with technology and cutting edge training theory, which is obvious to your more sophisticated audiences. (ie. they say they are cutting edge and then don't have digital verstions of their product).

Advice to Senior ManagementTake your own leadership, communication and team building classes and then apply it.

This place is like working in Hell.

Regional Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Mission, KS

ProsNo dress code. Decent base pay for the area. Commission is good once you get it. Really good training.

ConsMicromanaging is an understatement. They love to fire people then send an e-mail to the entire company letting them know you were fired. Management is incompetent. They have rules in place so tenured reps can steal good sales from new people.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have any. It didn't work for me but it does work for some I guess.

Low energy, low morale environment in sales department

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Mission, KS

ProsYou can make a decent salary if you work hard and stay focused; Great benefits especially 403B plan

ConsThere is little to no upward mobility. Little training; manager lack experience

Advice to Senior Managementrespect sales staff;

Worked for SkillPath Corporate Strategies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SkillPath Corporate Strategies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SkillPath Corporate Strategies CEO Robb Garr. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by SkillPath Corporate Strategies employees.