SkillPath Corporate Strategies Reviews

Reset
1.8
Jack Cave

1. It is what you make of it

Pros

health benefits, time off, unlimited earning potential

Cons

Some management concerns, but it is what you make of it!

2. Contract Trainer

Pros

You can fill up your schedule albeit with a super low daily rate - less than $200 a day after they nickel and dime your paltry per diem rate.

Cons

This is the absolute sweatshop for trainers - most of their trainers are total hacks and on their last leg of their sad careers. SkillPath's material is so out of date and embarrassing to present - which is why you have to spend days (yes days) revamping their presentations so you do not get humiliated when presenting it. Their daily rate is pathetic and when you factor in all your prep time you are in minimum wage territory (no joke). Then they want you to sell these 1980s textbooks that anyone can find online for 1/2 the price..... Stay clear of this place!!

Advice to Management

When choosing to save a nickel or the well-being of their contractors, SP will choose the nickel every time. Run-down motels, and nickel & dimeing your per diem (they subtract parking fees and do not reimburse for any tolls or bridges) will quickly make you realize what a bad choice you made joining this boiler room of training services...

3. Regional Account Manager

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Mission, KS

I have been working at SkillPath Corporate Strategies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is close to home. If you can put up with all the BS that goes on and being treated poorly, then the benefits are good, too.

Cons

Other than that, THIS PLACE SUCKS! Seriously, don't believe ANY positive reviews. Those all have to be written by recruiters or something, because everyone i work with HATES THE SALES MANAGEMENT and HAS ZERO RESPECT FOR THE CEO.

Advice to Management

Management here doesn't listen and apparently the CEO doesn't either. It's better just to skip this hell hole and get a job elsewhere.

SkillPath Corporate Strategies Response

Aug 12, 2015 – Administrator

If you are currently employed, you should speak with your manager about any issues you are having, perhaps we can change your mindset! We recently offered a half day of in-house training on one our ... More

5. Reconsider

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Pros

The benefits are great. Medical and dental and vision insuranc, cafeteria plan paid time off 401k matching and bonus opportunity

Cons

You will be working among some of the most unhappy unfulfilled people you have ever known in your life and will work very hard to maintaining a positive outlook

Advice to Management

No advice to management. Skillpath Corporate Strategies is a very profitable company and there will always be fresh meat to replace burned out unappreciated employees with. Keep up the great work.

Take a Closer Look

Current Employee - Administrator in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Administrator in Kansas City, MO

Pros

In light of some poor reviews on this site, we feel that it is fair to clear up some misconceptions with accurate, factual data. • We have been in business for 26 years, and we recently acquired our largest competitor in the training industry. SkillPath is now the largest nationally recognized training company in the U.S. • We are always seeking top sales performers to add to our team. With this growth also comes turnover—very common for sales organizations. • These reviews are not reflective of how most of the Sales Professionals here view this position, but rather the few Reps that could not do the job or show up for work. • Our retention is more impressive than our turnover and something that should be noted on this site. Here are the FACTS: o A third of our sales team has been here between 1-3 years. o Currently, a third of our sales team has been here for more than 5 years. This is virtually unheard of in sales! o Our most tenured sales reps have been with the company for 10, 12, 17, and 19 years. These are the actual years our most tenured Reps have been here. • A big factor of this tenure is due to their incredible earnings we see them successfully achieving every year. Here are the FACTS: o Year one average earnings: $47K o Year 5 average earnings: $76K o Average earnings of all reps over 5 years: $121K • We believe thoroughly in internal training and have one of the best new hire training programs that spans three weeks of classroom time, hands-on application, and evaluation of each person that joins our team. Our goal through this new hire training is to set people up for future success on our sales team.

Cons

As we continue to grow as a company, changes will happen. We strive every day to overcome challenges and acknowledge areas that we can improve upon.

Advice to Management

With regards to feedback on this site, we know there’s always room for improvement, and we do value our employees. Our employees are what make this company great and will continue to be for many years to come. We hope that you will take these facts in to consideration as you consider SkillPath as a future employer. Current employees are welcome to address any concerns at any time, as there is always an open door policy at SkillPath.

7. Overworked underpaid

Former Employee - Trainer in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Trainer in Mission, KS

Pros

Control over your schedule. Frequent flyer miles. Get some experience and make some good contacts.

Cons

Don't let the salary estimates on here for you. This will never be a full-time job and he would die if you did it full-time. Even part-time is completely exhausting and an absolute burn out job. Management treats the contract trainers like a nuisance and an inconvenience even though we are the only thing that makes their business valuable. They claim to be a cutting edge training company but are completely behind technologically speaking. The only reason they get the business they do is because their product is cheap and there's not a lot of other competition. If you decide to contract with them go in and get some experience and get out as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

As many other reviewer's have stated, you may want to consider attending some of your own management classes.

Terrible.....run away!

I worked at SkillPath Corporate Strategies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing..... They say the benefits are great, but most hired on will never know.

Cons

We were told after being hired that they only expected to keep 1-2 people from training out of 20!!! That is an unethical way to operate, even when you mask it around 'sales positions are tough'.

Advice to Management

Scrap your current business model. Sites like Glass Door brings light to how you operate.

SkillPath Corporate Strategies Response

Jun 15, 2015 – Administrator

We are sorry you had a bad experience, it sounds like this wasn't a great fit. We try very hard to identify talented individuals in our screening process and clearly you were one of those ... More

Account manager

Pros

Good benefit, you can come to work dressed anyway you want and I mean anyway you want. Employees are nice

Cons

Trainers aren't very experienced. High turnover. You will get burnout real quick trainers think they are really good ,but they are not

Advice to Management

Get trainers that no how to develope account managers not just rush them through the training program maybe have some type of dress code

SkillPath?? More like SkillPath of Destruction

Former Employee - Account Manager in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Mission, KS

I worked at SkillPath Corporate Strategies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to wear anything you want, good benefits if you can last 90 days, good sales training which I can use elsewhere.

Cons

Management is fake, tell you that you are doing excellent, improving, and you have what it takes to be successful. If you come across a HUGE opportunity for revenue they will take the account away from you and tell you that you're not ready to handle the account, how is someone suppose to learn??The culture there is real weird, nobody talks to the newbies cause they know there is a 99% chance they will get fired and they seem selfish and don't want to be a mentor. Unless you drink the kool-aid you won't make it. Don't ever give your opinion on something cause you're labelled as having a bad attitude. I was terminated just under 6 months, how convenient. The contract you sign the first day states that under 6 months if they feel you're not a good fit then your employment will be terminated.

Advice to Management

Ask to take some Management courses to help yourselves

Steer Clear Of This Company

I worked at SkillPath Corporate Strategies full-time

Pros

There are no pros to share.

Cons

Management is absolutely secretive and power hungry. Turnover in this organization is extremely high. There is no regard for employees and the pay is low.

Advice to Management

They would not listen so I will not bother giving advice.

RSS Feed </> Embed