SkillPath Corporate Strategies

Jack Cave
1 Rating

1. It is what you make of it

I have been working at SkillPath Corporate Strategies

Pros

health benefits, time off, unlimited earning potential

Cons

Some management concerns, but it is what you make of it!

Take a Closer Look

Current Employee - Administrator in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Administrator in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at SkillPath Corporate Strategies

Pros

In light of some poor reviews on this site, we feel that it is fair to clear up some misconceptions with accurate, factual data.

• We have been in business for 26 years, and we recently acquired our largest competitor in the training industry. SkillPath is now the largest nationally recognized training company in the U.S.
    • We are always seeking top sales performers to add to our team. With this growth also comes turnover—very common for sales organizations.
    • These reviews are not reflective of how most of the Sales Professionals here view this position, but rather the few Reps that could not do the job or show up for work.
    • Our retention is more impressive than our turnover and something that should be noted on this site. Here are the FACTS:
    o A third of our sales team has been here between 1-3 years.
    o Currently, a third of our sales team has been here for more than 5 years. This is virtually unheard of in sales!
    o Our most tenured sales reps have been with the company for 10, 12, 17, and 19 years. These are the actual years our most tenured Reps have been here.
    • A big factor of this tenure is due to their incredible earnings we see them successfully achieving every year. Here are the FACTS:
    o Year one average earnings: $47K
    o Year 5 average earnings: $76K
    o Average earnings of all reps over 5 years: $121K
    • We believe thoroughly in internal training and have one of the best new hire training programs that spans three weeks of classroom time, hands-on application, and evaluation of each person that joins our team. Our goal through this new hire training is to set people up for future success on our sales team.

Cons

As we continue to grow as a company, changes will happen. We strive every day to overcome challenges and acknowledge areas that we can improve upon.

Advice to Management

With regards to feedback on this site, we know there’s always room for improvement, and we do value our employees. Our employees are what make this company great and will continue to be for many years to come. We hope that you will take these facts in to consideration as you consider SkillPath as a future employer. Current employees are welcome to address any concerns at any time, as there is always an open door policy at SkillPath.

Terrible.....run away!

I worked at SkillPath Corporate Strategies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing..... They say the benefits are great, but most hired on will never know.

Cons

We were told after being hired that they only expected to keep 1-2 people from training out of 20!!! That is an unethical way to operate, even when you mask it around 'sales positions are tough'.

Advice to Management

Scrap your current business model. Sites like Glass Door brings light to how you operate.

SkillPath Corporate Strategies Response

Jun 15, 2015Administrator

We are sorry you had a bad experience, it sounds like this wasn't a great fit. We try very hard to identify talented individuals in our screening process and clearly you were one of those ... More

5. All positions are horrible in this organization

Current Employee - Lead Generator in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Lead Generator in Mission, KS

I have been working at SkillPath Corporate Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's close to home. That is the ONLY positive thing I can say.

Cons

Every position in this organization SUCKS. I feel sorry for the sales reps and for the lead generators. The work space is atrocious, old, outdated, disgusting.

Advice to Management

Get new management. Get a new CEO.

Account manager

I have been working at SkillPath Corporate Strategies

Pros

Good benefit, you can come to work dressed anyway you want and I mean anyway you want. Employees are nice

Cons

Trainers aren't very experienced. High turnover. You will get burnout real quick trainers think they are really good ,but they are not

Advice to Management

Get trainers that no how to develope account managers not just rush them through the training program maybe have some type of dress code

SkillPath?? More like SkillPath of Destruction

Former Employee - Account Manager in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Mission, KS

I worked at SkillPath Corporate Strategies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to wear anything you want, good benefits if you can last 90 days, good sales training which I can use elsewhere.

Cons

Management is fake, tell you that you are doing excellent, improving, and you have what it takes to be successful. If you come across a HUGE opportunity for revenue they will take the account away from you and tell you that you're not ready to handle the account, how is someone suppose to learn??The culture there is real weird, nobody talks to the newbies cause they know there is a 99% chance they will get fired and they seem selfish and don't want to be a mentor. Unless you drink the kool-aid you won't make it. Don't ever give your opinion on something cause you're labelled as having a bad attitude. I was terminated just under 6 months, how convenient. The contract you sign the first day states that under 6 months if they feel you're not a good fit then your employment will be terminated.

Advice to Management

Ask to take some Management courses to help yourselves

Steer Clear Of This Company

I worked at SkillPath Corporate Strategies full-time

Pros

There are no pros to share.

Cons

Management is absolutely secretive and power hungry. Turnover in this organization is extremely high. There is no regard for employees and the pay is low.

Advice to Management

They would not listen so I will not bother giving advice.

Dysfunctional organization

I worked at SkillPath Corporate Strategies

Pros

The only pros are the benefits, but they aren't worth what you will have to withstand to get them.

Cons

This is the most dysfunctional organization I have ever been a part of. You would think for a company that trains other organizations on how to become better, that they would be walking the walk. That isn't the case.
    The turnover is off the chain and the leadership of this organization doesn't give a second thought as to why. They blame it on everyone but themselves.
    There is a potential of making good money and having a great benefits package, but you will have to be able to withstand a "zombie culture" of imprisonment, micromanagement, and emotional abuse in order get there. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work at SkillPath.

Advice to Management

Take your own classes on "Dare to Lead". Get out of your own way by thinking you have any assets in this organization. Take a good hard look at the real issues at hand and start to address them before you don't have an organization left. A company is only as good as the people that work there, and not a single person that I met actually likes their job and feels empowered to grow as a professional. It's a sad state within the walls of these buildings.

10. You get what you put in...

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Mission, KS

I have been working at SkillPath Corporate Strategies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

get paid for how hard you work
    decent base and good commission
    great benefits but you have to earn them first(1year)
    great support for sales team but you have to ask

Cons

tough getting started but after one year everything gets SO much better.
    Office environment can be volatile at points
    high turn over
    little recognition

Advice to Management

Truly value your employees. train them more...lots more

11. Account something

I worked at SkillPath Corporate Strategies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

40 hours, casual dress, free parking, carnival for kids, ok benefits, 403b used to match but no longer

Cons

Toxic place to work. Heard of health issues caused by stress, so good thing there's insurance. If sales aren't there, go in a circle and say what you are going to do to turn it around. Sounds positive? Torture chamber. Never worked somewhere that upper management was so despised because of their favoritism and lack of empathy, as well as lack of training skills. If numbers go up, and w changes they will, nothing will ever improve. Maybe newish ceo will see the light. It will take one suit and the truth to finally come out. Reign of terror will continue until enough lawsuits arise. Employees afraid to say on court of law the truth. Work anywhere, truly anywhere, but here. Ps I was well paid-my need for sanity led me to a lower paying job with better culture. So sad for long term employees used to the abuse. Guessing one positive review from management. Ps source says one female nearly miscarried in bathroom and was written up for going immediately to ER versus HR. Abominable! I believe it's true.

Advice to Management

Won't listen. To CEO- the truth is out there

RSS Feed </> Embed