SkillSoft Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

impersonal corporate culture

Pros

Excellent health insurance coverage. Some other decent benefits. Flexibility, depending on your role. Relaxed office environment.

Cons

Focus is all on sales at this point in the company's existence (obviously not a con if you think you are well-suited to sell e-learning solutions). Development, engineering, and content development are very low priorities; consequently the work environment in these areas can be demoralizing and lacking resources for success. No real path for career development. You are a cog in a money-making machine. They know it, you know it, and they know you know it.

2. Software engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Nashua, NH

I have been working at SkillSoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company cares about its employees. Benefits and pay are good.

Cons

No agile. Product groups are spread throughout the world, making it difficult to collaborate in a timely manner. Not enough challenge in day-to-day activities. No communication between product teams.

Advice to Management

Conduct small group meetings once in awhile so the teams know what the other teams are doing, especially if it directly impacts the team.

I'm an adult, why am I forced to share a room??

I have been working at SkillSoft (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great product, really nice co-workers and basically friendly atmosphere

Cons

Two things and these will make me eventually resign as will others. As an adult professional I'm forced to share a room for company sales meetings. This is absurd and something I did with an entry level sales position in my first sales job. As a professional, the thought of going to a meeting and being forced to share a room just sucks, this will make me resign. I can say that 100% of the sales team resents this and it's a major issue. The 401k is awful, enough said.

Advice to Management

Open your clam shell of a wallet and don't make the sales team share rooms. It's demeaning and potentially is an HR lawsuit waiting to happen. Seriously review this policy and just change it, the money you're saving is nothing to the lost revenue in good reps leaving the horrible morale this causes.

Compliance- Inside Sales

I have been working at SkillSoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The professional culture and commitment to customer satisfaction is unmatched in my experience. This is a company that I am proud to represent. No pressure to cut corners to achieve goals, Collaborative office culture. Strong focus on development, as an employee we have full access to eLearning content, a big plus for me.

Cons

There are no Cons that stand out. The company isn’t scared to deal with problems.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Management is accessible to all employees. Awesome job.

6. Learned a lot - valuable time spent.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I worked at SkillSoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Forward-thinking, intelligent people that I loved working with. We had a lot of fun while getting a lot done. Casual environment In-demand product. Great technology to work with. Company-wide Quarterly Bonuses when sales goals were met. Generous PTO / Sick Time

Cons

Compensation was an issue then, I hear it's better now. Long hours, but a) it was an IT job and b) the infrastructure has matured to mitigate a lot of late night, off hours work

Advice to Management

I hear good things about the direction of the company now. Keep up the good work.

Revolving door

Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at SkillSoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free coffee; the occasional free lunch and their health insurance benefits.............

Cons

micro-managed; unrealistic expectations; revolving door, commodity vs a human, excessive call metrics, zero career path

Advice to Management

recognize we are humans too

Good company

I worked at SkillSoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company with great benefits and work-life balance is good. Business is recognized leader in the learning solutions industry.

Cons

No performance appraisals, no career path or guidance for continued growth within company. Compensation is average in comparison to similar jobs in other industries.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for own employees professional development. Promote your own professional development in house to set the example for best practices in your own industry.

9. Good company, often chaotic.

I worked at SkillSoft full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great colleagues, very flexible as far as work-life balance, room for advancement.

Cons

Often working at cross-purposes as departments don't communicate well.

Advice to Management

Share information on projects, including contact information.

10. Outstanding place to work

I have been working at SkillSoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all, the culture at Skillsoft is outstanding. Everyone gets along very well across all locations. There is good healthy competition between sales teams that is motivating to management and associates alike. The benefits are outstanding and the executive management really cares about the employees. This is by far the best inside sales position that I have seen in my career with real opportunities to make good money.

Cons

None that I have seen so far; very pleased with every aspect of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing; you are all doing a fantastic job! You have created a great environment here that motivates people to succeed, and the rewards are excellent. Thank you for all that you do!

No work life balance

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SkillSoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great! You can make alot of money and the support team is very helpful most of the time. At some point you have to decide if the money is worth selling your sole.

Cons

Very micro managed, Leadership team tends to bully you to make your numbers. The leadership team is always looking for a new sales strategy, a silver bullet, instead of looking at the core issues in the structure of their solutions and pricing. It is not the sales people you hire that don't get the sales done, it's your own way of all the processes you have. Clients feel they are not partnered with rather everything is about selling them something new so they get an upgrade. . Because you are bullied all the time, it's about what have you done for me today not your history of being a good sales person. A bunch of fakes.

Advice to Management

You hire good sales people, trust them more to do what you hired them to do. Take off the hand cuffs. Be more flexible with your clients needs and focus more monies on services for your clients. You are an elearning company that does not practice what you preach. You have no sales training online, no one uses the products sold internally. No career path. Pretty shameful

RSS Feed </> Embed