SkillStorm Reviews

Vince Virga

Work Hard & Play Hard

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is a very supportive company, and all offices across the company know each other well and keep in contact weekly if not daily. This is not your typical recruitment position, teamwork is constant. There is a lot of respect and people really care. The job is fulfilling and serious, but we also have a lot of fun. modern environment and culture for sure.

Cons

If you are not willing to put the work in, you won't get anything out of it.

Vested Interest in employee

Former Employee - Project Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Project Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at SkillStorm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The folks I dealt, based in Phoenix and San Diego, were very supportive and helpful.
    - Provided on-site pre-interview coaching and introductions to interviewer
    - Awesome follow-up after hire
    - Provided great advice and insight on broaching subjects with employer
    - Seemed very much interested and involved with taking care of me as a person

Cons

- Due to circumstances not in the control of Skillstorm, after two months on the assignment, my contract was handed over another payroll/staffing agency/company. I am no longer under Skillstorm's direct management. Which is a big disappointment for me. The positive to the switch is that my pay and assignment wasn't affected. I appreciate Skillstorm taking the high-road and being professional in handling this unusual scenario.
    - Job Assignment: So far, the job assignment I have been given does not match the job description provided to me during the interview - NO FAULT OF SKILLSTORM. The job duties are more administrative and HR oriented vs Project Coordinator/Specialist. A bone of contention for me, but the pay is exceptionally better than my previous assignment and I'm just sucking it up for now. As a result, I have more respect for Admin personnel. There really is a discriminatory manner in how Proj Mgr and Directors treat Admin vs Proj Cood, etc. Very disturbing.

Keep on with your hands-on method of encouraging, coaching and positive reinforcement.

GrGrGreatG

Former Employee - Information Technology in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at SkillStorm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people - dedicated to success - work hard and pay attention

Cons

No office in my region; so no face-to-face contact with colleagues

Any way to give 'satellite employees' a way to feel like a part of the picture -- you were already sending information / updates / notices ... everything was great ... no complaints; just encouraging more shining of the apple; you know?

Very Unprofessional

I worked at SkillStorm as a contractor

Pros

They were nice and accommodating...for a short time.

Cons

Very friendly until they get news they don't like. They hounded me 8 to 10 times a day for updates, but never answered when I called. They stated they would negotiate with my pay rate, and when it came up; they refused to negotiate at all. I had gotten another offer and informed SkillStorm. The recruiter was rude, stated that I didn't know what I was giving up and continuously stated how disappointed he was with me. I left that phone call feeling upset and dejected. I would not deal with them anymore after this.

Force your employees to attend course on how to be professional. Do not let them hound your possible contracts and do NOT allow them to make a person feel bad about choosing to not take the job.

Great People - Takes care of their employees

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I worked at SkillStorm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people they hire are all top-notch, they give you all the tools you need to succeed, take care of you and actually care about you not only professionally but personally. Money is to be made, they pay a competitive base salary and the commission structure is good. If you're in Raleigh, you'll love working with Greg Silvestri and Will Kincaid.

Cons

It is a number driven business so expect it. If you're not familiar with the staffing industry expect to hustle and work long hours, it's the only way you'll succeed.

Group your recruiter/acct mgr meetings into one instead of several calls weekly. As almost every office, top-down communication is key.

all about numbers

I worked at SkillStorm

Pros

fun group, always a good time out of the office and at events.

Cons

Clearly double standards when family and friends work there

Slow, inaccurate, disorganized.

I have been working at SkillStorm as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Was a (contractor) step into a real company.

Cons

They send emails to me that clearly do not apply such as receiving promotional items etc. They got my name wrong on the first couple months of paychecks (not sure how that is since the entire communication was written but it looked like someone phonetically misheard the name). The representatives do not seem very knowledgeable and communication through SKILLSTORM is painful.

Reorganize the company so that there are not constant novice mistakes.

Interesting environment, they don't value honesty or integrity but instead value winning and drinking excessively.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SkillStorm

Pros

Opportunity for advancement is good, the company is growing, so there is money to be made there. They have a pretty fool-proof process for success. You can control your own earnings.

Cons

Unstable management (personality wise), it's like walking on egg shells everyday. You don't know if they'll bit your head off, or greet you with a smile. You should be able to voice concerns without fear of retaliation but that is not the case. You can not be honest about your concerns whatsoever.

Allow your employees to voice their concerns freely. Try adding honesty and integrity to your core values. Re-evaluate your management (people, not style).

SkillStorm is a Fantastic Place to Work

I have been working at SkillStorm

Pros

I am fairly new to the SkillStorm team. I joined the company a few months ago. I have to say, this company is amazing. Everyone has really gone over and beyond to make me feel at home. I have been extremely impressed with the leadership, support staff and overall direction of the company. I absolutely love the culture here. We are growing so quickly the opportunities to earn and advance are limitless. I have not been this excited professionally in a long time.

Cons

I have not identified any cons during my tenure here and would recommend Skillstorm to family and friends.

False Advertising, Unprofessional, Unethical

I worked at SkillStorm as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I'd like to say they got me the job, but really - you are the one that seals the opportunity.

Cons

Mislead on benefits, misled on hourly rate, misled on duration of contract. Attempted to solicit me from that contract onto another before the project was completed. Attempted to solicit me for a position that was beneath my skill set, to which I declined. Attempted to say that I quit the job and then a denial of my unemployment benefits. After arbitration it was determined that they were untruthful in their claim. Don't expect much return communication. If you are offered a position by a customer, they will immediately hound you every few hours for a decision. However if you contact them for a status, its a "don't call us, we'll call you" scenario.

Foster a more professional, ethical environment. Stop your staff from making promises they never had intention on delivering.