SkillStorm Reviews

1. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SkillStorm

Pros

Company is high on integrity and providing opportunity for its employees. Does a great job in delivering high quality solutions with great consistency. There are lots of firms out there, but this one is in the top echelon for sure.

Cons

The benefits could be a little more competitive, but they make up for it in other ways.

2. technical recruiter

I have been working at SkillStorm

Pros

Very nice friendly environment.

Cons

unorganized, poor communication, all the management changes are very unpredictable. A lot of hard work for very little compensation, except to work from 8 AM to at least 6PM.

3. Oracle

I worked at SkillStorm

Pros

Payroll is done professionally ontime and without any inconsistencies. Follow a hands of approach up and so you work with the client for the most part.

Cons

HR department takes forever to get back to you with any concerns. They are very attentive during the first couple of months and then their interest in an employee tapers out to zero.

5. Many better staffing companies

I worked at SkillStorm full-time

Pros

- Co-workers in the office - Bonus structure/commission plan The shared camaraderie with the local branch office is great... The team gets along very well and despite the uncertainty within the company, the local employees all band together.

Cons

- Sr. Management - Systems - Process - Lack of integrity, starting from the top - Advancement opportunities Overall, the leadership is out of touch with what's happening at the local level and the changes that have occurred in the staffing industry. Because that, many of the top producers leave for other opportunities. Which, for a sales organization, is not a good thing.

Advice to Management

While doing your annual "employee satisfaction" surveys, actually listen to the feedback given by your staff. Also, the formula for success in the staffing industry has changed since you were in sales.

6. Work Hard & Play Hard

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is a very supportive company, and all offices across the company know each other well and keep in contact weekly if not daily. This is not your typical recruitment position, teamwork is constant. There is a lot of respect and people really care. The job is fulfilling and serious, but we also have a lot of fun. modern environment and culture for sure.

Cons

If you are not willing to put the work in, you won't get anything out of it.

7. Vested Interest in employee

Former Employee - Project Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Project Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at SkillStorm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The folks I dealt, based in Phoenix and San Diego, were very supportive and helpful. - Provided on-site pre-interview coaching and introductions to interviewer - Awesome follow-up after hire - Provided great advice and insight on broaching subjects with employer - Seemed very much interested and involved with taking care of me as a person

Cons

- Due to circumstances not in the control of Skillstorm, after two months on the assignment, my contract was handed over another payroll/staffing agency/company. I am no longer under Skillstorm's direct management. Which is a big disappointment for me. The positive to the switch is that my pay and assignment wasn't affected. I appreciate Skillstorm taking the high-road and being professional in handling this unusual scenario. - Job Assignment: So far, the job assignment I have been given does not match the job description provided to me during the interview - NO FAULT OF SKILLSTORM. The job duties are more administrative and HR oriented vs Project Coordinator/Specialist. A bone of contention for me, but the pay is exceptionally better than my previous assignment and I'm just sucking it up for now. As a result, I have more respect for Admin personnel. There really is a discriminatory manner in how Proj Mgr and Directors treat Admin vs Proj Cood, etc. Very disturbing.

Advice to Management

Keep on with your hands-on method of encouraging, coaching and positive reinforcement.

8. GrGrGreatG

Former Employee - Information Technology in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at SkillStorm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people - dedicated to success - work hard and pay attention

Cons

No office in my region; so no face-to-face contact with colleagues

Advice to Management

Any way to give 'satellite employees' a way to feel like a part of the picture -- you were already sending information / updates / notices ... everything was great ... no complaints; just encouraging more shining of the apple; you know?

9. Great People - Takes care of their employees

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I worked at SkillStorm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people they hire are all top-notch, they give you all the tools you need to succeed, take care of you and actually care about you not only professionally but personally. Money is to be made, they pay a competitive base salary and the commission structure is good. If you're in Raleigh, you'll love working with Greg Silvestri and Will Kincaid.

Cons

It is a number driven business so expect it. If you're not familiar with the staffing industry expect to hustle and work long hours, it's the only way you'll succeed.

Advice to Management

Group your recruiter/acct mgr meetings into one instead of several calls weekly. As almost every office, top-down communication is key.

all about numbers

I worked at SkillStorm

Pros

fun group, always a good time out of the office and at events.

Cons

Clearly double standards when family and friends work there

11. Strong Company Values, Lots of Opportunity, Fun Environment

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong adherence to Core Values Our clients and our contractors are top priority Innovative, outside-the-box approach to IT solutions Great opportunity for career growth Team-focused Energetic, fun, competitive, while also supportive and understanding

Cons

It's still a relatively small company which allows for a lot of flexibility and dynamic change. If you are looking for a hard-lined corporate structure with policies and procedures that are set in stone, this isn't the place for you.

RSS Feed </> Embed