SkillSurvey

Updated June 7, 2014
4.0

Ray Bixler
1 Rating

Very Solid Place to work- I will miss it.

Former Employee - Director  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at SkillSurvey full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great solution and great people. Some of the nicest team members and staff in my career. Tough decision to leave. Only left for a truly stellar opportunity. Could have easily seen myself staying for many more years. Fantastic management team that listens and encourages input. Fairly transparent in decisions with access to Sr. staff and CEO as well.

Cons

Prospects love the tool and want to move forward most of the time, but it can be a challenge to get budget approval. While this can be true of any product, I found it to be even more prevalent with this solution- though it does work very well and clients absolutely love it when they sign up.

Do your homework on this one.

Former Employee - Director, Business Development  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director, Business Development in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SkillSurvey

Pros

Great product for early adopter client companies. The buyers in the right market love it. Revolutionary product in the HR field. Amazing technology.

Cons

Lack of funding, stability and a strong, sustainable vision. Lack of effective sales database/CRM slows down sales. Management messaging lack continuity and unity.

Need better data and longer information gathering before decision making. Identify key compnay success indicators and follow them.

Nice People. Fast Growth.

I worked at SkillSurvey full-time

Pros

Very very nice people to work with in a fast growth environment.
    Company is very emphathetic to employees.

Cons

Still in the midst of figuring out how to manage and maintain the growth rate.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SkillSurvey

Pros

Outstanding solution that really works. At industry shows, clients always come up to say how much they like working with SkillSurvey. Current users have been known to pull other conference attendees into the booth to introduce them to SkillSurvey staff.

Strong development team that really responds to customer input and field sales suggestions.

In this small organization, management is very close to clients and employees. Very open. Team members are very willing to share best practices.

Cons

Although SkillSurvey is growing quickly, it is still a small company. Many employees work offsite from home offices so it is important to be self motivated and self directed.

Keep the culture of cooperation and openess as the company grows. Continue to invest in marketing. Stay focused on core competencies.

Small volatile company on verge of something good

I worked at SkillSurvey

Pros

Product was fantastic and value prop was easy to convey
    Feedback from management was abundant
    Potential for future growth of the product was evident

Cons

Board of Directors had powerful influence in day to day decisions
    Direction was not always consistent
    Confidence in the stability of the company was not strong with Sr Management (at least not conveyed)

Worked for SkillSurvey? Contribute to the Community!