Skillsets Online

Skillsets Online Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ronik Kar

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Skillsets Online

Prosgreat product...good commission split and great people to work with.

Conscommission only and very few territories available

Unbelieveable and not true to your word

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
Danville, CA

I worked at Skillsets Online full-time for less than a year

ProsGood start - we almost made it

ConsEnded with selfishness and greediness

Advice to Senior ManagementGlad you let everyone go. Now they can succeed.

Challenging and forward thinking

I have been working at Skillsets Online

ProsManagement is all about the future. They focus on new products, new markets and new ideas to reach their goals. Even during the recession, management kept an open door policy, communicated how we were doing and tried to help the employees understand the situation as well as possible. SkillSets Online is also a work-hard/play-hard environment. Employees are given very specific goals to hit and are rewarded for doing so. As a final note, management is never satisfied with OK. The company is striving for excellence and is expecting everyone to do their share.

ConsAny company that is relatively small has the financial challenges that go with a smaller sized company. Anyone looking to join a small company today almost has to expect this. Another down side of SkillSets Online is that they are located right in a part of Danville that has very little public transportation so you pretty much have to drive to work each day. You can't easily take the bus or bart.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways keep focusing on the future but use that past as a guide of what can go right and what can go wrong. SkillSets Online has been around for over 5 years now and has a valued past that can give you insight to how best to prepare and manage for the future. Keep working on building new simulations and exciting tools because that's clearly what your customers want.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Outstanding and prepared me for the "real world"

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Skillsets Online

ProsI recently left SkillSets Online because I did not meet my necessary sales targets. It was my own fault. I knew what I was getting into and I just was not able to make it happen. I liked the fact that the management fully supported me, trained me and did what they could to help me succeed. I had not done much sales before and I now realize sales may not be the best thing for me. I learned a lot from my direct manager and I really respected how much he tried to help me. One last thing. They are working on some very cool online training tools and simulations and I liked their forward thinking.

ConsSkillSets is located in Danville and I live almost 30 miles away. The commute was tough for me. They do require that you show up on time and put in a full day. For me, that was hard sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working hard and keep up those Monday meetings. I think you guys showed real class by keeping an open door policy and being upfront with your people. Not too many companies are like that! As you grow, it might be good to start building up a more senior management team but for now I think you guys have a good overall system. My final thoughts are that I would recommend any of my friends to give SkillSets Online a try but be prepared to work REALLY hard!!

2 weeks wasted......

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Skillsets Online

ProsI think the only pros I can think of are: location if you're local, and a casual dress working environment.

ConsCons: sales people are given 2 weeks to sell and have paid for your first deal. This is tough because most companies are net 30. You simply have to get lucky with a credit card. Management doesn't care if you have deals confirmed for outside the time period. Most of the telemarketing is done in India, so you have to constantly re-present the service offering in English during the sales cycle. I was told sales happen in 2 weeks, but from experience, it takes 4-6 weeks. Working there is essentially telemarketing, and you get limited guidance or support from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy best advice to management would be to show up and work at 8 or 9 am like the rest of your staff. 1pm will not make your venture successful. Be honest on your job advertisements, you're wasting your resources getting professionals in for 2 weeks once they find out how what the real sales cycle is. Take some ownership in training your new hires, give them some idea of what the company goals are. Brush up on your people skills and take a few management courses at your local community college.

Skillsets Online review

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsVery flexible working hours
Management has an open door policy

ConsStartup company, very limited funding. sometimes salaries are late in being released

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more training and better management with the staff

Worked for Skillsets Online? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Skillsets Online reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Skillsets Online CEO Ronik Kar. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Skillsets Online employees.