Skipton Building Society Reviews

Reset
4.5
Skipton Building Society Group Chief Executive David Cutter
David Cutter

1. Skipton Building Society- Administrative Assistant (Temporary)

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Skipton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Skipton, England (UK)

I worked at Skipton Building Society full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay within a friendly team atmosphere. Basic duties are relatively simple and repetitive, requiring a basic level of computer proficiency to perform.

Cons

Due to the temporary nature of the position I held, training was minimal and responsibilities were kept to simple and repetitive tasks.

2. Structured, proffessional and welcoming

Former Contractor - CDSA - Project Support in Skipton, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - CDSA - Project Support in Skipton, England (UK)

I worked at Skipton Building Society as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great place to work. Everyone was really welcoming and the level of structure and organisation just made it a relaxing, efficient environment. As a mutual, teams were generally resourced to the right level and everyone could just get on with the job they were meant to do.

Cons

Parking was limited while I was there but this may have been resolved now. Key corporate values and messages didn't always cascade as well as they could have done, some people were a bit indifferent towards them.

Advice to Management

Spend more time seeing and understanding how key messages filter down across the building society. I often minuted board meetings where initiatives (e.g. developing a 'Lean' organisation) were discussed and my experience was that messages discussed and agreed in board rooms became a bit watered down by the time it was delivered to the rest of the Building Society.

3. A very comfortable experience.

Former Intern - Software Test Analyst in Skipton, England (UK)
    Former Intern - Software Test Analyst in Skipton, England (UK)

I worked at Skipton Building Society as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Well my first day at Skipton Building Society wasn't a usual one. My supervisor knew what I was capable of and ensured that I received work that I can handle. Furthermore if I was late, my supervisor wouldn't blatantly insult me like I got insulted in my previous work places. They were understanding and supportive (I wasn't late all the time but since I am from Bradford, the trains sometimes weren't operating properly during harsh weather in winter).

Cons

We are given tasks that may be out of our comfort zone, at first I was very uncomfortable working on them however I soon realised these tasks are giving me skills and knowledge which will benefit me greatly if I ever worked in a different company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and always challenge your employees. Without the challenges I went through I wouldn't be where I am now.

RSS Feed </> Embed