Sky Lakes Medical Center

Good pay and benefits

Current Employee - Medical Records  in  Klamath, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Records in Klamath, CA

I have been working at Sky Lakes Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and benefits that are effective in your first month

Cons

Organization and training are sometimes lacking

More employee training

Should have gone with my gut instincts. Never, never work there.....

Former Employee - R N  in  Klamath Falls, OR
    Former Employee - R N in Klamath Falls, OR

I worked at Sky Lakes Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

OK pay. Much of the Staff including Dr's are nice. Hospital itself seems ok as far as hospitals go. The people are friendly and helpful in the town itself.

Cons

1. Learn not to make waves or question policies, behaviours or be brave enough to think outside the box.
    2. Management treats plenty of staff poorly unless your part of the "In Crowd" then they somehow create new jobs that leave many of us scratching our heads....saying what the heck do they exactly do??
    3. Management professes to treat all employees well and without favoritism. Sure.
    3.Leadership is more like the Natzi brownshirts. They know they own this town and even most of the community knows the same.

Retire and get NEW BLOOD to tap into this hospital's potential.

Run as fast as you can

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist  in  Klamath Falls, OR
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Klamath Falls, OR

I have been working at Sky Lakes Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are none, they lure you in have you buy a place and then they work on getting rid of you. It's fabulous!

Cons

Extremely high infection rate that they keep secret, their labratory has equipment that gives wrong values, a high death rate. It just goes on. They have been sued lots, they have residents that run amuck and they have bought nearly all clinics in town and now are working on putting out of bussiness the rest. If your Morman life is good, if not your out at the drop of the hat or your part of the good old boy system. They even have employees working that have alzheimers. They hire new grads to pay low wages and get rid of senior professionals. All hospitals have problems but this one takes the cake, never seen nothing like it. They take full advantage of being 100 miles from nowhere, they love to ruin lives as well. Ive never seen so many depressed people before. As soon as I can go I'm out of here!

Paul Stewart its time to retire along with your Morman cronnies. This place needs new blood now.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Founded on a great idea

Current Employee - CNA  in  Klamath Falls, OR
    Current Employee - CNA in Klamath Falls, OR

I have been working at Sky Lakes Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some very hard working staff that are attentive to client care, great new remodeled look. Looks fantastic and has a good feel to it

Cons

Adminstration are too busy following the bottom line to properly care for pt.s, needed services are denied, while unneccessary procedures are made available for profits sake. We are terribly short staffed in almost all departments, placing patients in danger. Adminstration should take drastic pay cuts to bring operating costs to a level that benefits all

Retire. Take your money and go. Let some new blood come in and invigerate this facility and make it all that it could/should be

Waste of years

Current Employee - Nurse  in  Klamath Falls, OR
    Current Employee - Nurse in Klamath Falls, OR

I have been working at Sky Lakes Medical Center part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pretty Area if one likes rural.

Cons

Where should I start? Jobs available if one is part of the "good old boys club" or if your a Morman. Other persons will lose jobs to make room for favorites. Not open to ideas although proclaim to be. Poor pt care. No assistance with bathing for 10 days! Better have family or friend at bedside to assure care is provided.

Needs to be bought out by well oiled medical company. New blood needed.

bring your virustat

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist  in  Klamath Falls, OR
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Klamath Falls, OR

I have been working at Sky Lakes Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

there are non, run run run

Cons

This facility infection wise is the worst for both pt. and employee, All admin cares about is their salary, so when you work there for a while you are discarded as garbage. This facility also has a higher death rate as well. Most likely due to the infections that run rampid there, and the death rate is attributed to inexperienced staff, because they don't believe in keeping anyone long term.

Get a life and get a new CEO, to bring in fresh ideas

Worked for Sky Lakes Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!