Sky Reviews

Updated September 7, 2014
3.5

Sky CEO and Director Jeremy Darroch
Jeremy Darroch

Pros
  • Decent corporate environment, free Sky, good work/life balance, can progress depending on department (in 9 reviews)

• Good company atmosphere, Great benefits, including a good work-life balance (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work / Life balance is sometimes skewed - due to timescales and tight deadlines (in 7 reviews)

• V few decisions go through with senior management sign off (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

very good company

I have been working at Sky

Pros

best benefit and friendly environment
    people here are all very nice
    good place to improve yourself

Cons

Failure of another team is seen as a success of the other

Great place to work

I have been working at Sky

Pros

Sky really invest in their staff.
    New modern campus being built at the main site.
    Great atmosphere to work in.
    A company with great ethics.

Cons

There isn't much in Osterley, but this is tolerable if you prefer to drive/live out West

Thanks!

Great place to work. Fast paced, ever changing but always have their customers & staff at the heart of what they do

Current Employee - Recruitment  in  Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Sky full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ever changing, therefore you gain loads of experience doing different things.
    Genuinely, no one day is ever the same.
    Lots of opportunities to progress.
    Great benefits
    Good pay for most levels of roles

Cons

Very demanding & fast paced place to work, that culture doesn't suit everyone.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun

I have been working at Sky full-time

Pros

- Your own dress code
    - Not overly formal
    - Free sky
    - Lots of Benefits

Cons

- Politics - but I keep out of them.

Communication is key

A great place to be

Former Employee - Provisioning Administrator  in  Saint Albans, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Provisioning Administrator in Saint Albans, England (UK)

I worked at Sky full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great office environment, great support from colleagues and plenty of rewards. Working for Sky you do believe in better

Cons

One database system is a most

Sky is an awesome place to work !!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Personal Assistant  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Personal Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Sky full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunity, very generous, very caring, brilliant team and managers!!!!

Cons

I don't have any to add here

A place to get your voice heard

Current Employee - Media Researcher  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Media Researcher in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sky full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We all get along because we all want to make something great.

Cons

It's not in central London.

Consider even more shadowing for all departments.

Forward thinking, energetic & striving to dominate the market

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Brentford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Brentford, England (UK)

I have been working at Sky full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked for about 5 other FTSE 100 companies in the UK, benefits are excellent, facilities are also good (in the Osterley campus). My salary is in the upper quartile for my industry/sector/job category (I've done salary analysis in previous jobs). A leadership team that seem to really care about their people and invest back into your well-being (Paid team away days, lots of little perks here and there). Culture in the team is fantastic with dynamic, hard-working and passion to succeed. OK- The commute to Osterley is tricky but I went into this with eyes wide open and did alot of research into travel times, options, carparking restrictions etc before accepting the job and as long as you know what you are getting yourself into with travelling to Osterley it's absolutely fine (E.G Driving for an hour in heavy traffic to Osterley is much better than standing on a packed train for an hour and cheaper!).

Cons

There are the odd senior players in the business protecting their own and taking credit for new innovative ideas (But this is normal in a large organisation). There is some politics within teams so again as long as you approach your role with eyes open, know your strategy with how you want to achieve something and use the influencers around you to forge the path - navigating through the politics is alot easier than some larger organisation's I've worked with. Flexible working policies aren't quite as good as what is claimed on the Work for sky website, seems there is an expectation you come into work 28 out of every 30 days which in this day and age with Lync phones/video/screenshare as well as fast internet - is behind the times compared to other organisations (EG In my role I could do 80% of it remotely so would be nice to have maybe a 1 day a fortnight working at home).

Might help if people have clear performance/pay related objectives around completing projects to a high quality. (IE I've seen many cases where people want to "lead" projects but the projects are either highly unsuccessful OR ineffective in achieving their objective). We all need to develop and not all projects will be successful BUT I've seen alot of things delivered poorly and there seems to be no accountability which results in many projects being started but alot of them not contributing to driving the business forward.

Fast paced, innovative and exciting place to work

I have been working at Sky full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Varied work in a great environment. Massive growth which continues to create lots of opportunity to progress if you're hungry. Great benefits and salary. Lots of talented people to worth with and learn from.

Cons

Rapid growth poses some challenges

Pace, Delivery, Flawless Execution and Customer First

Current Employee - Head of Marketing  in  Twickenham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Twickenham, England (UK)

I have been working at Sky full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with some exceptionally smart people, delivering some of the most engaging and gripping content. The people are what makes Sky a great place to work, the products, salary, benefits are superb but hands done i come enjoy working with the people here and consider them as my friends. Bring it on.

Cons

I've been in sales and marketing for more than 18 years and have genuinely not got a bad word to say about working at Sky. Been here 2 years and love every minute. Its the only place ive worked were i have to tell my team to go home, they clearly love it too, or don't have homes to go to?

Keep doing what your doing, keep acquiring and creating world class content, keep our customers happy through our face to face and call center touch points, keep technology at the forefront. Mobile one day and international presence please?

Worked for Sky? Contribute to the Community!