Sky Zone Reviews

2.9
CEO

1. Fun and active

I have been working at Sky Zone

Pros

The people are so much fun

Cons

Customers complain about such silly things

None.

2. Great first job.

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Upbeat, good experience for high school/early college students. Usually a happy environment. Engaging coworkers.

Cons

After the first 6 months or so, I was working other jobs as I never got hours or much of a paycheck. After experience in other workplaces my #1 concern is that managers and upper levels have little to no concern for their employees, only that they do their work for them. Never made any friends to work with and it was never tight knit.

Your managers pass off all of their work, the good, bad, and the ugly, to their employees. There is no concern for days requested off, and write ups occur when it has been made clear that it is impossible to work that day. Managers need to be able to handle a workload and encourage their workers, or they'll have a whole bunch of unhappy employees as the face of their location.

3. Fun, upbeat place to work.

Current Employee - Party Host in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Party Host in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Getting in FREE to jump!

Cons

Low pay, this is a high school/college kid job.

Focus on the fun!

5. Managers have to Go

Current Employee - Cashier/Court Monitor in Oaks, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Court Monitor in Oaks, PA

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The place is very fun atmosphere but that's about it. It looks pretty and perfect on the outside.

Cons

there are soo many bad things that go on at sky zone its too much to list. The managers are horrible and they degrade and gossip about their employees and fire them when they don't want them around anymore. Many people break the rules there and steal,etc. Sky zone needs help they look all pretty for corporate but behind closed doors it is bad.

There needs to be an age limit on the management since all of the managers happen to be friends with some of the employees they get away with everything. Just looking at the managers social media account it does not give other a good example. You should stop firing people just because you do not like them.I had a friend get fired recently because of something they did not do and its very sad that this is happening. An you wonder why sooo many people are quitting LOOK AT YOURSELVES

6. Treated not fair

Former Employee - Sky Zone in Oaks, PA
    Former Employee - Sky Zone in Oaks, PA

I worked at Sky Zone

Pros

People are nice and I have friends that work here.

Cons

If the managers DO NOT like you they will fire you, the managers literally go and look for the littlest problems they will use it against you. Sky Zone in general sky zone is not that fun you get board after the first ten mins, (don't waste your money) Honestly people do a half-asked job all the time (so many people quiet bc they don't like it). I was told by others who worked in the past "We only clean when the blood is noticeable)it's so gross we barely clean and when we do it is gross! We barely clean our shoes never use our shoes buy the socks the shoes are always wet not from disinfecting spray but from people sweat (some is fresh sweat, some is old) It's honestly so gross!

First of the Managers hire there friends/families and treat them better and give them raises (even if they were not working that long here)
    My advice is stop hiring your friends and families! And treat everyone equally, and if you don't like some one stop trying to fine dumb ways to hire them!!
    Also to actually clean up because, the employees know how dirty the place is plus their friends now. Also some customers point it out to. So actually in force cleaning up.

Great People, Terrible Managers

Current Employee - Cashier/Court Monitor in Glen Mills, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Court Monitor in Glen Mills, PA

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are very personable and work together very well. Communication is great and everything that needs to be addressed is always addressed in a timely fashion and as a team.

Cons

After working at Sky Zone for a year, team members who are still with the company get a raise. A whole seventeen cents an hour. We were supposed to get raises every 6 months, but that never happened.

While the environment is (at times) pretty fun, the management staff has poor communication skills. They spend most of the time on their cell phones playing games or texting or in the office browsing Facebook which will immediately change to a work-related tab once they realize someone else is coming in to the office. On top of their disregard for policies set in place by the franchise owners to only use cell phones or computers for work use, they never tell each other what is on their mind. Instead, they tell us what they want and often, what they want conflicts with what the other managers are saying. As people, they are nice, but their ability to run a business is seriously lacking. They need to stop being buddy-buddy with each other and get their act together.

Management Makeover

Former Employee - Court Monitor
    Former Employee - Court Monitor

I worked at Sky Zone part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the employees who work at Sky Zone are very friendly, and the schedule is flexible and suits some of your needs.

Cons

When you show up to work, after you clock in you can find employees grouping around in the office when they are suppose to be getting ready for the day. The managers are about the same ages of the employees so they enjoy socializing with them. From being a court monitor here, I have first hand experiences of how hard it can be to get ready for a shift. Almost all of the time the headsets don't work, so when there is an emergency no one can hear you. To make your schedule, you have to post things on an online site called, when to work. From experience my account was not working and setting me to work when I was not available. I confronted the managers and they said they will deal with it, a month later I confronted her again and she said there was nothing she can do. In the end, I got punished and written up for not being available, when I posted it online and it never saved. That same day, a friend of the managers did not show up for a shift and never got written up, which is extreme favoritism. There has been an incident of a manager having an underage drinking party at her house with her employees. Is that what you want in a manager? When you are a court monitor there are favorites and bullying over the head sets which is completely unprofessional. There are many counts of cronyism in the work environment. Including illegal promotions, and romantic relationships, and relative relationships between managers and their employees.

Some advice I can give to the management is to focus more on your job then on making friends. Pay more attention to your employees and what is going on around you. Also, to qualify to be a manager you should be at least 21 years of age.

9. Ehhhh..... fun but bad management

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (less than a year)

Pros

A really entertaining job with fun people and a great atmosphere
    Get to jump for free whenever you want
    Easy to get the job

Cons

Management is absolutely horrible. all of the managers have their favorites and if you are not one then you are screwed. The managers are 20 year olds with a college education who have no clue how to manager themselves let alone other people. Also, if you wok really hard you are rewarded with nothing. All of the managers have their favorites and they don't know how to interact with their employees. They direct you like you are just mindless workers. They are certainly not leaders and have obviously let the power go to their heads.

Learn how to actually manager rather then just telling the employees what to do. The managers should be leaders not directors telling everyone what menial task to do next while they sit in their office and look on instagram. Pay attention to the hard working individuals because they will become necessary to make the company successful.

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sky Zone full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It all comes down to ownership, a good team and good review system, accountability from managers, the skies the limit with this company.

Cons

If the team is not on top of reviews, and rewarding employees that are working hard, just like any company it will suffer.

Communication, communication, communication.

Fun

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Sky Zone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

fun, upbeat, never a dull moment

Cons

upper management will always look out for themselves.
    Tough hours, be prepared to sacrifice your personal life
    Low salary