Sky Zone

Updated January 27, 2015
Updated January 27, 2015
3.1

CEO

Fun, upbeat place to work.

Current Employee - Party Host in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Party Host in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Getting in FREE to jump!

Cons

Low pay, this is a high school/college kid job.

Focus on the fun!

Great People, Terrible Managers

Current Employee - Cashier/Court Monitor in Glen Mills, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Court Monitor in Glen Mills, PA

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are very personable and work together very well. Communication is great and everything that needs to be addressed is always addressed in a timely fashion and as a team.

Cons

After working at Sky Zone for a year, team members who are still with the company get a raise. A whole seventeen cents an hour. We were supposed to get raises every 6 months, but that never happened.

While the environment is (at times) pretty fun, the management staff has poor communication skills. They spend most of the time on their cell phones playing games or texting or in the office browsing Facebook which will immediately change to a work-related tab once they realize someone else is coming in to the office. On top of their disregard for policies set in place by the franchise owners to only use cell phones or computers for work use, they never tell each other what is on their mind. Instead, they tell us what they want and often, what they want conflicts with what the other managers are saying. As people, they are nice, but their ability to run a business is seriously lacking. They need to stop being buddy-buddy with each other and get their act together.

Ehhhh..... fun but bad management

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (less than a year)

Pros

A really entertaining job with fun people and a great atmosphere
    Get to jump for free whenever you want
    Easy to get the job

Cons

Management is absolutely horrible. all of the managers have their favorites and if you are not one then you are screwed. The managers are 20 year olds with a college education who have no clue how to manager themselves let alone other people. Also, if you wok really hard you are rewarded with nothing. All of the managers have their favorites and they don't know how to interact with their employees. They direct you like you are just mindless workers. They are certainly not leaders and have obviously let the power go to their heads.

Learn how to actually manager rather then just telling the employees what to do. The managers should be leaders not directors telling everyone what menial task to do next while they sit in their office and look on instagram. Pay attention to the hard working individuals because they will become necessary to make the company successful.

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sky Zone full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It all comes down to ownership, a good team and good review system, accountability from managers, the skies the limit with this company.

Cons

If the team is not on top of reviews, and rewarding employees that are working hard, just like any company it will suffer.

Communication, communication, communication.

Fun

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Sky Zone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

fun, upbeat, never a dull moment

Cons

upper management will always look out for themselves.
    Tough hours, be prepared to sacrifice your personal life
    Low salary

Great First Job or Part Time

Current Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Really fun and once you know what to do, it's easy. Lots of employee get togethers. Get to jump for free with one other person and three additional jumpers are half price.

Cons

The uniforms kinda suck. The one in Vegas only allows you to where khaki or black pants that have to be dickies material.

Too much drama. Don't have favorites.

If they like you, you'll be fine.

Current Employee - Cashier in Canton, MI
    Current Employee - Cashier in Canton, MI

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (more than a year)

Pros

People are mostly friendly and willing to help out. Very flexible with scheduling after you've been there for a while. I'm in college now and my manager has no problem with me only working a few days a week. If the managers like you, you wont have any management problems.

Cons

If the managers don't like you, then any little thing you do wrong will blow up. Also, you could get screwed scheduled wise with no shifts.

Great place to work for high school or recent high school graduates.

I worked at Sky Zone

Pros

High energy place, very excited clientele. Staff is very nice and understanding. Treat work and it's employees with respect and in turn you will be as well.

Cons

Job is pretty monotonous...not much changes. If a trampoline breaks you may have to replace it and that can be a pain. Customers fairly often do not respect authority.

Management at this location was superb...for the job and it's environment I can't see any additional advice they need.

Fun Job.

Current Employee - Court Monitor in Deer Park, NY
    Current Employee - Court Monitor in Deer Park, NY

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (less than a year)

Pros

A fun place to work. 21st Century scheduling system so it's easy to pick up or trade shifts.

Cons

Minimum wage. Constant threat of being fired. Didn't even break any rules, and a manager walked up to me and threatened to fire me. And there always issuing memos saying if you break certain rules you'll be terminated immediately. And have signs in break room saying you'll be fired if you do certain things. Not really motivating stuff.

Actually work with lower employees, or let your prescence be know. Supposed Store Manager walks up to me, never seen him there in months that I worked there and threatened to fire me, cause I let the kids change a dodgeball rule, when we already don't play by the official rules by letting the kids start off with the balls, and not have them waiting in the center.

Worst Job Ever!

Former Employee - Court Monitor in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Court Monitor in Columbia, MD

I worked at Sky Zone part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can get a lot of hours if you want them.

Cons

HORRIBLE management! They choose favorites. They are uneducated and most didn't go to college. They do not care about how you feel. I worked there for 4 months and the managers didn't know my name.

Please mature and communicate better.

Sky Zone Photos