Sky Zone

CEO

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sky Zone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It all comes down to ownership, a good team and good review system, accountability from managers, the skies the limit with this company.

Cons

If the team is not on top of reviews, and rewarding employees that are working hard, just like any company it will suffer.

Communication, communication, communication.

Fun

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Sky Zone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

fun, upbeat, never a dull moment

Cons

upper management will always look out for themselves.
    Tough hours, be prepared to sacrifice your personal life
    Low salary

Great First Job or Part Time

Current Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really fun and once you know what to do, it's easy. Lots of employee get togethers. Get to jump for free with one other person and three additional jumpers are half price.

Cons

The uniforms kinda suck. The one in Vegas only allows you to where khaki or black pants that have to be dickies material.

Too much drama. Don't have favorites.

If they like you, you'll be fine.

Current Employee - Cashier in Canton, MI
    Current Employee - Cashier in Canton, MI

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are mostly friendly and willing to help out. Very flexible with scheduling after you've been there for a while. I'm in college now and my manager has no problem with me only working a few days a week. If the managers like you, you wont have any management problems.

Cons

If the managers don't like you, then any little thing you do wrong will blow up. Also, you could get screwed scheduled wise with no shifts.

Great place to work for high school or recent high school graduates.

I worked at Sky Zone

Pros

High energy place, very excited clientele. Staff is very nice and understanding. Treat work and it's employees with respect and in turn you will be as well.

Cons

Job is pretty monotonous...not much changes. If a trampoline breaks you may have to replace it and that can be a pain. Customers fairly often do not respect authority.

Management at this location was superb...for the job and it's environment I can't see any additional advice they need.

Fun Job.

Current Employee - Court Monitor in Deer Park, NY
    Current Employee - Court Monitor in Deer Park, NY

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (less than an year)

Pros

A fun place to work. 21st Century scheduling system so it's easy to pick up or trade shifts.

Cons

Minimum wage. Constant threat of being fired. Didn't even break any rules, and a manager walked up to me and threatened to fire me. And there always issuing memos saying if you break certain rules you'll be terminated immediately. And have signs in break room saying you'll be fired if you do certain things. Not really motivating stuff.

Actually work with lower employees, or let your prescence be know. Supposed Store Manager walks up to me, never seen him there in months that I worked there and threatened to fire me, cause I let the kids change a dodgeball rule, when we already don't play by the official rules by letting the kids start off with the balls, and not have them waiting in the center.

Worst Job Ever!

Former Employee - Court Monitor in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Court Monitor in Columbia, MD

I worked at Sky Zone part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can get a lot of hours if you want them.

Cons

HORRIBLE management! They choose favorites. They are uneducated and most didn't go to college. They do not care about how you feel. I worked there for 4 months and the managers didn't know my name.

Please mature and communicate better.

A few good people, but even more bad ones.

Former Employee - Lead Court Monitor in Westlake, OH
    Former Employee - Lead Court Monitor in Westlake, OH

I worked at Sky Zone full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was a Court Monitor at Sky Zone Westlake.
    Free jump time when not on the clock, occasionally some really interesting and great customers come in, 50% off on concession items.

Cons

Condescension from some assistant managers, only time you received a thirty minute break was if you were under 18, otherwise you received a 10 minute break, maybe 2 if you are lucky, majority of the court monitors are young adults and teens so dramatic situations are prone to arising.

Reassess the authoritative hierarchy, prevent micromanagement and degrading attitudes from managers to employees, market the business more, and try out some fresh ideas to mix it up. Other then that I loved the company and working here even though it was immensely stressful on the weekends and the pay was still mediocre, I hope to see Sky Zone Westlake prosper

Super fun, energetic and always busy!

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sky Zone full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The training is great, the managers are supportive, they pay very high, its always fun. You get to jump for free with one friend and then two get 50% off, they are growing crazy fast so there is tons of room for advancement

Cons

The customers are sometimes tough because they have high expectations that we can't meet

Unorganized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Discounts during week days for you and one friend (5$ an hour instead of 13$ for one hour or 20$ for two hours.)

Cons

Training- Received no training. Wasn't told what to do, what no to do. Wasn't told the work uniform. Wasn't told anything. Wasn't even given an employee handbook or a book of rules. The only reason i know what to do is just from asking questions myself, and going to many times from working before.
    Questions- Not only did i receive no training, i was then scolded for double checking one of the rules with a lead monitor.
    Rotation- Absolutely no rotation from station to station.
    Unorganized- Have been told several things by several managers. For example: after the interview we were told we would receive a call by the end of the week, but did not receive a call for two weeks then was told i would receive a call later that night for when to be set up for training, and never received that phone call. Another example is no one knows when its someones first shift. The list goes on and on and on.

Train your employees before you decided to yell at them for asking a question. Also, learn when your employees first shift is so you don't think their 4th shift is their 1st.

Sky Zone Photos