Sky Zone

www.skyzonesports.com

Sky Zone Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Super fun, energetic and always busy!

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe training is great, the managers are supportive, they pay very high, its always fun. You get to jump for free with one friend and then two get 50% off, they are growing crazy fast so there is tons of room for advancement

ConsThe customers are sometimes tough because they have high expectations that we can't meet

Unorganized

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsDiscounts during week days for you and one friend (5$ an hour instead of 13$ for one hour or 20$ for two hours.)

ConsTraining- Received no training. Wasn't told what to do, what no to do. Wasn't told the work uniform. Wasn't told anything. Wasn't even given an employee handbook or a book of rules. The only reason i know what to do is just from asking questions myself, and going to many times from working before.
    Questions- Not only did i receive no training, i was then scolded for double checking one of the rules with a lead monitor.
    Rotation- Absolutely no rotation from station to station.
    Unorganized- Have been told several things by several managers. For example: after the interview we were told we would receive a call by the end of the week, but did not receive a call for two weeks then was told i would receive a call later that night for when to be set up for training, and never received that phone call. Another example is no one knows when its someones first shift. The list goes on and on and on.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees before you decided to yell at them for asking a question. Also, learn when your employees first shift is so you don't think their 4th shift is their 1st.

lord have mercy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosget to meet celebrities and famous people!

Consdid not compensate employees for overtime and holidays properly

Advice to Senior Managementneed new management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great, active pre-college job, but it attracts many less-than-talented workers.

Court Monitor (Current Employee) Bethel, CT

ProsIt's not a boring job. It essentially requires little skill (other than common sense), an ability to remember the rules, and a friendly aura. The company's motto itself ("Have Fun, Fly Safe") emphasizes the goal of fun, but also safety. It's common sense.

ConsBecause of the ease of the job, and its popularity with high school teenagers/local college students, many people apply to the job with the mindset that they don't have to do anything. I personally believe that a select few of my current co-workers should no longer be employed here, because they do a sub-par job, and don't like to step up when it's necessary. On a busy day, there are many hyper children, and that brings angry/stressed parents. The entire team should work its hardest to make the process as streamlined as possible, because if they don't, patrons start to get confused and frustrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing really, other than watch lower-level employees when they least expect it. You'll see some of the good ones step up and do something like peel a piece of gum off a trampoline with their bare hands so that it doesn't get smooshed into the trampoline... But you'll also likely see employees stand there and watch as a jumper does something blatantly incorrect/against the rules, and not care at all. I suggest that interviews focus mainly on work ethic/determination/personality, and that after they are hired, management follows up on that by keeping an eye on them up close.

Hands down, my worst employment experience ever.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsYou and a friend can jump for free.

ConsPolicies were purposely left vague. Known errors within the business model are routinely ignored and left unaddressed.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice for the corporate entities and principles. While inspections of the facility itself may reveal obvious forms of negligence. As it stands, there is no meaningful form of franchise/owner oversight. To be clear, my experience as an assistant manager was a nightmare from beginning to end. Despite my every effort to maintain some sense of dignity, positivity and purpose I was consistently humiliated, deceived and forced to work in an environment of hopeless negativity compounded by appalling treatment by both upper management and the ownership. Nobody could ever make a career out the position I just left.

Cashier/ Court Monitor

Cashier/Court Monitor (Current Employee) Covina, CA

ProsEasy work, good company morale, time off requests usually approved

Consmanagement plays favorites, minimum wage with little room to move up

Advice to Senior ManagementBe mindful of how supervisors and managers treat their employees.

Excellent Company with Struggling employees

Court Monitor (Current Employee) Suwanee, GA

ProsFun environment, excellent discounts and employee benefits, easy to work your way up the ladder, easy to get raises, hard workers immediately crosstrained, flexible hours

ConsThe management is often not on the same page with each other, and many different suggestions are passed down to the employees. A lot of the employees are high schoolers with no work ethic, and they have a high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake interviewing harder to ensure better employees, and move the pay up from minimum wage in exchange for less workers.

Great starter job!

ProsFriendly staff, flexible scheduling, fun environment, pretty good employee perks. General manager is a genuine caring person if you work hard for her.

ConsLeadership and management is a little shaky. Management does not let employees have a voice in operations. Management turnover rate is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff more. Let them have a voice in their company.

Fun

Associate (Current Employee) Oakdale, MN

ProsFast pace, great benefits, fun people to work with.

ConsLow pay, its minimum wage.

Fun place to work

ProsDynamic environment, great team environment

ConsLong hours, working nights, weekends and holidays.

Worked for Sky Zone? Contribute to the Community!