SkyePoint Decisions

Updated December 12, 2014
4.0

Bo Kimbrough

Exciting growing company!

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

SkyePoint has a great collegial environment. Everyone contributes to the success of the company. The company has strong relationships with their employees and really works hard to take care of them. There is a very strong focus to let the on-site employees know they are appreciated.
    The passion of the team is contagious and inspiring. At a time when many government contractors are struggling, SkyePoint continues to grow. It is an exciting place to be and is a great fit for my passion to succeed!

Cons

none that I can think of at this time.

Keep it going!

Talented and Caring Group of People

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions

Pros

I have been working at SkyePoint for more than 3 years. As a small company, you have direct management access all the way up to the CEO. Having worked for large and medium sized companies in the past, there was little direct communication with upper management. At SkyePoint, management makes me feel like a valued contributor and the team is very supportive. Recently, the company has been involved in more charitable events. The importance the company places on "giving back” shows we work with a caring group of people.

Cons

Most of the staff are located in different locations so it's difficult to see each other often. But the company holds a couple of annual events each year that help bring all the employees and their families together. Everyone who attends has a fun time.

None at this time

Solid Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SkyePoint provides an environment where delivery excellence is not just encouraged but insisted upon. It is easy to get complacent when working for a government agency but SkyePoint makes sure you are always delivering value to the customer and that ultimately works out to your benefit as well - pushing you to grow and innovate. One great positive I saw last year was when a co-worker had to move on due to budget constraints, SkyePoint worked hard and found that person another job with a different company. Definitely went the extra mile to help they're employee succeed. You don't see that much in the world of government contracting! CEO is engaged and available if needed. Strong ethics.

Cons

There is limited ability to move positions rapidly due to the general nature of government contracting in general. Management should work to expand these opportunities in as timely a manner as much as possible.

It's what you make of it!

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions full-time

Pros

This is a smaller, nimble, and accessible company. The organization is very flat which makes it simple to talk to nearly anyone when an issue or an opportunity comes up. The management team is present and is always quick to respond. Additionally, the team seems to be staying to specific set of capabilities, which to me, is good! I am finding that the company does in fact care for the employees and that turnover continues to be very low across the contracts that I can see. Training is available, and free, for technical, administrative, and personal matters.

The program managers are present on the accounts on a regular basis, which is NOT the norm in my experience! This has proven helpful for both personal and professional reasons.

As for the benefits, they are in line with what I have experienced in this industry. In fact, they are in line with much larger organizations. No complaints here.

I have been here for a while now. I like what I do. The company is nimble and responds quickly. Benefits and compensation are good and comparable. Communication is easy. The company if fair.

Cons

Movement between accounts can be difficult. For example, if I wanted to move to work on different technology, the account base can be limiting. However, this is true with most SI's that I have worked with, large and small. So what I have done, is to find opportunities within the account base that I reside. It works. It's really what you make of it.

None at this time.

Hardworking, enthusiastic, rewarding environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Joining SkyePoint was a big change for me coming from a large corporation and I am so happy to have made the switch! The people I work with are supportive, enthusiastic and hard working. I look forward to and enjoy coming to work. For me that is important because sometimes you can spend more time at the office than at home. We normally get together as a company at least twice a year for a company picnic and a holiday party (which seems like a small thing to some but a lot of companies aren't doing that anymore) as well participate in philanthropic events. Most recently, we did a walk in DC to support CureSearch which raises money for research to cure cancer in children and young adults. I love that giving back is one of our top priorities as a company, it feels good. The pay and benefits are very good, especially in the economic times we are in.

Cons

Nothing to add at this time.

Please continue to get all the staff together for corporate events. It’s teambuilding and good for morale.

Fast Growing Company with Great Corporate Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Since joining SkyePoint Decisions nearly three years ago, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company. I have made great connections with other people in the industry and lasting professional relationships that will be with me throughout my career. At SkyePoint, we have the ability to work independently or in a team environment and because the company is on the smaller side, we have the opportunity to work in many areas within the organization. SkyePoint is a fast growing company with a supportive, friendly environment that offers good benefits and a competitive salary.

Cons

As a services based company, most of the staff are located in various locations making it a challenge to see each other on a regular basis. However, the company does a good job in hosting annual events to bring all employees together a couple of times each year.

None to offer at this time.

Camaraderie, Support, Generosity and Opportunities.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

I worked at SkyePoint Decisions full-time

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at SkyePoint. The best part about working there was the family-like atmosphere. Everyone was treated with respect and valued for their unique gifts and what they brought to the table. During my time at corporate, I was able to help out in many areas within the organization. I learned about sales, recruiting, human resources, government contracting, public relations and proposal writing. The President is always open to new ideas and if you feel like you want to get involved on a particular project, he is more than willing to bring you in on it. It is truly a "you get what you give" environment. If you are willing to step up and learn, they are more than willing to include you on any team in the office. All you have to do is show interest and ask. The President and the CEO also have an open-door policy when it comes to office-related issues. If I had an issue with something, I could call either of them and talk it through. Anytime.

The company, especially the CEO and President, place a high value on family. I always felt supported and understood when it came to issues with my kids. I cannot tell you what a relief that brought to me as an employee. I have personally heard them both say "Family comes first. Always."

I was sad my time at SkyePoint had to come to an end but the enduring friendships and positive professional relationships I have with the people there will last with me well beyond my time with them.

Cons

As the company grows, it would be great if there was a telework option eventually so that employees could have the opportunity to work from home.

Keep the open-door policy with all the employees. Keep up the awards and newsletter. Also keep having fun company events a couple times a year so the entire company can get together!

Fun and Hard Working Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The employees at SkyePoint are all hard workers if this is the environment you like then this business is for you. You will be challenged, and you will be able to grow your career; no question about that. Some folks I know have been with the company since inception.

It is a flat level organization meaning you can call the CEO directly if you want because you have that ability (even though there are program managers who can be contacted) . There is no hierarchical structure that would make people feel any less. You are what you are - a professional and it doesn't matter what your position is or what age you are - no discrimination and very open to everyone's thoughts whether it's someone just starting or anyone who has been in the field for years. It's refreshing to be in an environment like that - not many companies have that. In most places I've worked at in the past, everyone is always worried about politics (what to say, when and how to say it and when to act on it) but at Skyepoint it is all out the window. The drama - what drama? Thank goodness - there is none! Everyone is pretty down to earth.

The little things that SkyePoint does to show their employees that they are appreciated is very nice. Examples: If you do well you get something called a spot award; it's a letter of recognition. When it's your birthday, you get a gift basket. When it's holiday time, there is a holiday party. There are Quarterly free lunches. When it's summer, something fun is done like the six flags trip we had. There are occasional happy hours too. The company has it's perks.

Cons

Some people may see this as a con; however, others may see it as reality. If you come to Skye point and plan to take more than the vacation you earn without making it up- it's better you don't come because you probably wouldn't be wanted. It makes sense to me. How else can a business make money? I have seen people try to take advantage of that and it back-firing. It does not work to take advantage of the system. There is no room for it.

Keep the fun events going because it gives a chance for us contractors to see who else is on the other sites.

Helpful, team-oriented atmosphere

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at SkyePoint Decisions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I joined the SkyePoint team earlier this year and received great training.
    After my first few months, I was lucky enough to be given an award to acknowledge my hard work.
    From the CEO on down, everyone is open to new ideas & gives help whenever needed.

Cons

Hard to meet/get to know all of the employees at different locations

Run away as fast as possible

I worked at SkyePoint Decisions full-time

Pros

Great onsite people and customers

Cons

Management only concerned about $$$ and making max money on each individual

Hope that the Department of Labor doesn't audit.

SkyePoint Decisions Photos