SkyePoint Decisions

Bo Kimbrough

Strong, growing, successful company

Administration/Marketing (Current Employee)
    Dulles, VA

ProsSkyePoint has been an awesome place to work. It is a growing company with lots of opportunity. I have made some great connections and been able to grow in my field by going to useful trainings. The people here are fun to work with and the other SkyePoint employees I have met have a fantastic work ethic. There always new opportunities at SkyePoint and they truly value good employees.

ConsThe company is very spread out and you don't always have the opportunity to meet everyone on the staff. Fast growing.

Unethical, and cutthroat owner sets the tone for the entire corporation.

ProsHR manager actually cares, but is overworked and not always responsive, even though she has the best interest.

Many of the staff that work on-site and work as "empolyees who are being paid by SkyePoint" are very good workers and commiserate on how bad the company is, but use the company as a mechanism for a job, and smile and look engaged when in the presence of corporate staff.

ConsNo prime contracts, not well diversified other than a few spare parts in random locations.

CEO and President manipulate communications to staff through lies. Do not promote thier staff or give raises beyond small % cost of living. If they have any problems with staff, or see they are looking, first solution is to immediately post the job and find a backfill, then fire the person. The general practice is to not provide severance or pay out vacation, so they fire people instead of let them go.

CEO and president have told numerous people they have long term contracts to hire them, when the contracts have less than a year. They have hired people to fill an open position they know are not qualified, just to get the revenue and then fire them when they find someone better.

CEO provides special treatment to male employees he can "relate to" and takes them out drinking regularly. He prefers to hire young "attractive" women to put in front of his customers.

Company doesn't pay for training, but will ask you to use your PTO for training.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you fire people and don't pay them for their earned PTO, they will remember it. Surrounding yourself with yes men and women who you don't consider strong may keep your ego inflated. But everyone else knows when the emperor has no clothes on.

Horrible company to work for

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsWorking under pressure environment, met great peers.

ConsHorrible benefit. You have to use your PTO for job required training.
    Company doesn't pay for your training hours.
    Don't give you your PTO when you leave the company...

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat people without respect.
    Way you treat others will come back to you.

Flag Review
    SkyePoint Decisions Media, Marketing Business Intelligence Specialist responded to this review Feb 28, 2014 EditDelete
    It’s unfortunate you were not happy with your time at SkyePoint. SkyePoint cares about its employees and we encourage all of our employees to familiarize themselves with the benefits package we have ... More

Worked for SkyePoint Decisions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SkyePoint Decisions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SkyePoint Decisions CEO Bo Kimbrough. All reviews posted anonymously by SkyePoint Decisions employees.