Skyfire Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
2.5

Skyfire CEO Jeffrey Glueck
Jeffrey Glueck

Very talented team from top to bottom

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Skyfire full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart, experienced people, management doesn't play games, strong culture of mutual respect, great technology and competitive advantage, great growth potential.

Cons

Limited resources as with most well-managed startups, open positions take a long time to fill, putting pressure on small team.

Invest in people, professional and career development.

Very weird phone interview experiences

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Skyfire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Looks like a fast and efficient interview process with turn around time within a couple days

Cons

The recruiter wanted to know you but refused to disclose any information for the company, which is very abnormal. Normally recruiter would introduce the company and position and then asked questions. But this recruiter just asked you questions. When you asked you "can you please introduce your company", she would say "after we consider you a fit I will give you more information". Then I went to introduce myself. But after about 15 minutes, was cut short and said "let us set up another session". It is very rude and weird interview experience. Looks like a very arrogant company with great attractiveness.

If you want to hire good people, please consider your culture as well.

Office executives do not care much about cubicle employees.

Former Employee - SW Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - SW Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Skyfire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a bunch of nice and smart people among all ranks. There is cooperative atmosphere in development team.

Cons

Management explicitly do not care about certain categories of employees. Salaries are below industry averages. New practice of updated engineering management is to secretly interview candidates to replace existing employees and when such candidate accepts the offer - get rid of employee. To add insult to injury, this is the company that does not invest in employee development at all. And they just kick people out, instead of giving chance of building skills. Beware, if you accept an offer - you might be walking over somebody's corpse.

If you sit in the office, you should still care about cubicle inhabitants. If you feel super-smart doing treacherous things behind the back - you might reach your short-term goal, but lose your reputation long-term.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work at Skyfire if you like working hard and love mobile phones

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Skyfire

Pros

The mobile industry is definitely taking off, and this is a good place to get started. The people are very smart and friendly here, the talent pool is extremely high. I think that most people here are happy with the work they are doing, and they are getting experience in areas that they want to grow. There is also a lot of publicity in the blogs and newspapers about Skyfire, so if you like working on something that is getting a lot of press, this is a great place to work. I also think that working in downtown Mountain View is a big perk.

Cons

We work lot of long hours, and weekends at times. There is not much vacation, management pushes too hard at crunch time. Also, we have unrealistic project schedules with too many features, which end up causing nightmares towards release time.

Give us more vacation time, focus on making a good product with happier employees. Give employees better salaries and more stock option rewards for their effort.

Great people and product;cheap management

I worked at Skyfire

Pros

Developed a great product. Had a very good engineering team.

Cons

Management cheap and paranoid does not keep employees informed.

Open up. Let people know what is happening and why

Difficult environment to thrive in.

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Skyfire

Pros

Skyfire had a lot of challenging problems for an engineer to tackle.

Cons

It seemed like it was company policy to pay below market value for engineers. There was this false sense of urgency to always build hacked/patchy solutions and no real wide product vision. Management was also very slow to react to market trends / personel problems / etc.

If you want high quality engineers, be willing to pay top dollar for them. Recognize and reward those who are performing well and get rid of those that are clearly dragging the company behind.

So/So

I worked at Skyfire

Pros

Some very sharp people work here, an excellent group of talent. The product is also used by tons of people, it is a great feeling.

Cons

Management pushes too hard. The room can be quite negative at times. There is no opportunity to grow, no reviews or career growth.

Spend more time with the employees. Skyfire can be a happier place to work.

Worked for Skyfire? Contribute to the Community!