Skyhawks

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fantastic Leadership Experience

Camp Director (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

Pros-The kids are a joy to work with, you get to work out in the sun, be active, and you're teaching sports.
    -Great opportunity to make a significant difference on kids' lives. A lot of kids that come in do not initially play sports, but this is your chance to have that impact and not only teach them sports skills, but life skills as well.
    -Easy hours (mostly 9am-1pm, sometimes 9am-3pm) so you have opportunity to work somewhere else as well

Cons-Some of the kids can be a little hard to work with, but the good kids make the job so rewarding
    -Don't forget to wear sunscreen
    -Get comfortable teaching sports you may not know as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Perhaps send emails to the directors and coaches with tips and advice to help them throughout the week.

Pretty fair for what your told

Camp Director (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsKnew what the work and expectations would be like before accepting the job, rewarding when work a fun camp.

ConsSome camps can be downright bad, not always recognized for doing a good job

It was good for a high school student, but is only an okay summer job.

Coach (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsSummer job only, get experience working with kids, design your own day (more or less), early exit time (usually before 4pm).

ConsNot very competitive pay, not a lot of room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salaries year to year for coaches.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good summer job, and the staff was helpful. Met the expectations I had for the job

Director (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsI was able to work outside during the summer
    The staff was generally very helpful
    Got to do activities I enjoy at work

ConsSometimes parents are difficult to deal with

Great place to work

ProsGood people, good managers, good program

ConsDealing with some ridiculous parents

Fun summer job.

Camp Director (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGet to work outdoors, nobody really watching over you so you can basically do what you want.

ConsAs a director, you are expected to do a lot but not paid like it. Not a ton of guidance from above.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training and feedback.

Not a very good job for me

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA lot of the kids are great to work with and I had a good time with some of the kids.

ConsParents, and management. You have to pay for your gas, and it adds up to be more then your paycheck

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your coaches better, where does all this camp money go. It is ridiculously awful

Counselor

Camp Counselor (Former Employee) San Rafael, CA

Pros-Good if you are a self starter
    -Given a lot of responsibility
    -Rewarding working with kids
    -Fun to work outside
    -Most of the time you worked with good coworkers

Cons-Pay isn't too high, but ok for a high school summer job
    -Some kids can be problems
    -Some coworkers could be lazy which makes your job harder

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue supporting counselors. Have counselors work in similar teams throughout summer to build good working relationship with each other.

great

Camp Director (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosmeet alot of amazing employs

Consalot of travel and not much supervision

Advice to Senior Managementmore traiining

Great job for people who love sports and kids!

Coach (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGreat to be able to coach outdoors in the sun, get the opportunity to be around kids all day long, able to be active and play sports along with the kids, and the supervisors are enjoyable to work with.

ConsJob requires quite a bit of travel depending on where you get assigned for the week (and you pay for your own gas) and pay is a little low (min. wage) for amount of responsibility we are given.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people who coach multiple sports to be able to rotate to different sports instead of just coaching one of them all summer.

Worked for Skyhawks? Contribute to the Community!